Olivia is on sale in the vault

Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
😱😱😱😱
I have just seen that Olivia is on sale in the vault!!!!!

Her cost is ridiculously low on top of that.

I expect to see her a lot in the coming weeks.

😱😱😱😱

Comments

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Now we need the pig and gisela to be in vault
  • Tremayne
    @Theros - bad joke!
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Gimme Kozelic!
  • Theros
    edited July 2019
    Tremayne said:
    @Theros - bad joke!
    Not really. Gisela was previously in vault before I didn't get her at that time for being too preoccupied. Her returning shouldn't be an issue.
    If olivia made it to vault, why not the pig?
    The first time olivia was in vault, she was available in mythic pack with the pig, corruption, the pig and some others if I recall.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Ah. They finally got me again. Haven’t spent money since I pre-purchased Karn
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    When Olivia was first released she was a $20 mythic.Β  That was widely considered a steal.
    Now selling her for $4?Β  Wow.

I crafted her a month or two ago, but even I'd spend on this if I hadn't.Β 

Now I'm just worried that the obvious cash grabs they're doing is a bad sign for the future.Β  Hopefully I'm just seeing shadows here.
  • Theros
    Mburn7 said:
    When Olivia was first released she was a $20 mythic.Β  That was widely considered a steal.

Now I'm just worried that the obvious cash grabs they're doing is a bad sign for the future.Β  Hopefully I'm just seeing shadows here.
    I didn't know she was available for cash previously.
  • Tremayne
    Mburn7 said:

I totally get the same vibe, seeing this go for such a cheap price. Bur perhaps they are just trying to circumvent the crafting system and get people to spend cash. It seems it got @DumasAG to open the purse string ever so slightly. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    gisela is one of the few mythic i ever bought when it came out originally, still dont reget it, 12 for a 8/8 lifelink first striker is always a bargain, still use her when i need a reliable creature in legacy
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theros said:
    Mburn7 said:

I didn't know she was available for cash previously.
    Oh yeah.Β  It used to be all the best Rares and Mythics were put up for cash (and some not so great ones)
    Ones I can remember off the top of my head (and with some help from MTGPQ.info):

Olivia
    Emrakul
    Ulrich
    Shrine of Forsaken gods
    Geralf's Masterpiece
    Gisa and Geralf
    Mirrorwing Dragon
    Ulamog
    Avacyn
    Gisela
    Grim Flayer
    Captain's Claws
    General Tazri
    Linvala the Preserver
    Stone Haven Outfitter
    Baral
    Heart of Kiran
    Boomship
    Mindwrack Demon

Definitely a lot others.Β  A bunch of the rares and Kaladesh Mythics I can't remember which were given as progression rewards in events and which were cash.Β  Got bored before Amonkhet so nothing from there either.Β  If anyone remembers let me know!Β  (maybe we can put it in the wiki somewhere)
    Considering mythic bundles used to be pretty standard $15-$30 each and the rares were $5-10 it would have been pretty pricey to buy them all.Β  Luckily, not all the options were great (looking at you Grim Flayer and Mirrorwing Dragon lol).Β 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Theros said:
    Tremayne said:
    @Theros - bad joke!
    Not really. Gisela was previously in vault before I didn't get her at that time for being too preoccupied. Her returning shouldn't be an issue.
    If olivia made it to vault, why not the pig?
    The first time olivia was in vault, she was available in mythic pack with the pig, corruption, the pig and some others if I recall.

I dont think there will be the pig bundle.

I have noticed that the Bundle related to Planewalker Preconstructed Deck since they sold Thopter Spy Network, and Drwoner of Hope.

And both TSN and DoH are in Kiora'sExpert Deck & Tezz1 Master deck.
    Then, GRB (Geier Reach Bandit) bunble was sold a little after TSN & DoH. Yes, GRB is in Arlinn's Expert Deck.

Olivia is also in Nahiri Expert Deck.

Unforetunately, No any PW have Pig in their pre-constructed deck. So, we wont have that bundle unless some unexpected matter happen.Β 
  • Reichmann42
    Reichmann42 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Excuse my ignorance but I'm a relatively new player. Which card is Pig?
  • fiirst
    decimator of the provinces
  • Reichmann42
    Reichmann42 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    fiirst said:
    Thanks for that.
  • fiirst
    fiirst said:
    Thanks for that.
    Np & welcome to the fold
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I remember buying that years ago now for the original sale price.

It almost singlehandedly catapulted me from mid tier to top tier.Β  I had just scored the walker the original Saheeli event and drawn TSN is a very lucky blue pack draw.

She was originally somewhat bugged with madness cards where it wouldn't discard those, but still provide the buff to all your TSN tokens, for example.

I'd say she's a little less relevant now.Β  Powercreep has kinda caught up with the classic heavy hitters, I'd say.Β  But will remain one of the main reasons the legacy designation exists at all in MTGPQ.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:
    Mburn7 said:

I totally get the same vibe, seeing this go for such a cheap price. Bur perhaps they are just trying to circumvent the crafting system and get people to spend cash. It seems it got @DumasAG to open the purse string ever so slightly. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Yeah this worries me to.Β  If I see piggy or deploy up for cash I'll really get worried they're cashing out.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    Mburn7 said:

Yeah this worries me to.Β  If I see piggy or deploy up for cash I'll really get worried they're cashing out.
    That would be the final warning sign needed? Lol may want to look at all the other signs you passed before that happens.
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    It hurts to see BAE so cheaply valuedΒ