In Your Opinion, the Top 25 4* Heroes, ranked

IIAlonditeII
IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
Who do you feel are the best 25 4**** heroes? Who is, in your mind, the very best?

Is there a best 4* for a 3-4 transitioner, but a different "best" for a solidly 4* player? (we know that the best 4* changes when transitioning into 5*, depending on the 5* you've got almost complete. Sabretooth + Okoye is monstrous as is GRocket + Kitty). 

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56176/a-mostly-accurate-4-ranking-final-update-8-11-18/p1

This hasn't been updated in about a year, but I'm not sure any of the 4-stars released since then would quality as "top tier."  I'd say Domino is probably the best one that's not in this list thanks to her Black generation and board shake, but she's not Top 10.

Edit - Looking at those rankings, I'd say that 4-star Rocket and Groot has moved up from #16 on the list thanks to some of the other characters that have been released...
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56176/a-mostly-accurate-4-ranking-final-update-8-11-18/p1

This hasn't been updated in about a year, but I'm not sure any of the 4-stars released since then would quality as "top tier."  I'd say Domino is probably the best one that's not in this list thanks to her Black generation and board shake, but she's not Top 10.

Edit - Looking at those rankings, I'd say that 4-star Rocket and Groot has moved up from #16 on the list thanks to some of the other characters that have been released...
    Hm, some of the ones I thought looked pretty strong are kind of low-rated by that list. I would think Carol would be the best Standalone 4*, and Sabretooth or GRocket are the best when paired with specific 5* heroes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still say that Vulture is the best transitional 4*, since he is so versatile. Removes himself from taking harm to generate AP, does big AoE damage, can clear out specials, can be fed by strong 3s like Fist, can feed other characters at all tiers. His big drawback is that he's often the last man standing as a result of leaving your other 2 characters to eat a lot of damage while he's flying. Even with 2 5* champions on my roster, Occasionally in SCL9 I'll have to fall back on Vulture/G4mora to stun-lock the harder 5e nodes in some story missions on later clears.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still say that Vulture is the best transitional 4*, since he is so versatile. Removes himself from taking harm to generate AP, does big AoE damage, can clear out specials, can be fed by strong 3s like Fist, can feed other characters at all tiers. His big drawback is that he's often the last man standing as a result of leaving your other 2 characters to eat a lot of damage while he's flying. Even with 2 5* champions on my roster, Occasionally in SCL9 I'll have to fall back on Vulture/G4mora to stun-lock the harder 5e nodes in some story missions on later clears.
    Vulture is great but if you can't get him airbourne it is a problem. Normally, that isn't too big of a deal, it is a cheap power after all but I have had matches where it just wouldn't happen and he was downed. On the flip side though, I once won a fight where the only remaining character left was Vulture with 67HP against 3 enemy characters who all had 75% of their health left - they never touched him once!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're a 3* transitioner (@daz0273 I know you're well into 4*s at this point), consider characters like Iron Fist or Mystique who can add black to the board relatively cheaply. Fist gets it kickstarted, Vulture goes up, starts making Blue so that Mystique can turn it into black and purple, fist keeps using purple unless you want to stun with Mystique, vulture keeps using black/green to AoE everyone to death. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    1. Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    2. Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
    3. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    4. Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
    5. America Chavez (Young Avengers)
    6. Bishop (Classic)
    7. Rogue (Classic)
    8. Iceman (All-New X-Men)
    9. Gamora (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    10. Sabretooth (Victor Creed)
    11. Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    12. Riri Williams (Ironheart)
    13. Cloak & Dagger (Classic)
    14. Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
    15. Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)
    16. Blade (Modern)
    17. Domino (X-Force)
    18. Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    19. Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
    20. Ghost (Quantum Thief)
    21. Magik (Classic)
    22. Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
    23. Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
    24. Nova (Sam Alexander)
    25. Hawkeye (Ronin)
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    1. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Great Passives and one of the best black powers in the game.
    2. Vulture (Adrian Toomes)....Great against everyone but Archangel, best AP generation of the tier and stays airborne
    3. Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Vol. 2) This is a tough one because with Kitty he is basically #1, but without his strike tiles he is pretty useless.
    4. Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
    5. Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    6. Bishop (Classic)
    7. America Chavez (Young Avengers)
    8. Iceman (All-New X-Men) Green still one of the best AOE, Blue is 4 turn stun for 6, one of the best
    9. Domino (X-Force) 
    10. Sabretooth (Victor Creed)
    11. Rogue (Classic)....Knocked down a bit because I find her boring to play, good defense, meh offense
    12. Riri Williams (Ironheart) One of the best Damage dealers of the tier, Her blue snags red
    13. Cloak & Dagger (Classic)- Creates black or Yellow, can self heal, cheap powers.
    14. Dazzler- really fun character whose green hits like a truck for cheap when the board is fll of specialtiles, need the right teammates to either provide tiles or AP.
    15. Gamora (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    16. Blade (Modern)- Can heal himself some and great passives
    17. Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    18. Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)
    19. Jean Grey- 2 AOE powers they don't hit that hard but they affect tiles in important ways
    20. Thor (Goddess of Thunder)-Needs an AP producer or Charged tile spammer but hits hard when she has one.
    21. Magik (Classic)- Like her set but have not played her a ton yet
    22. Agent Coulson)- Nice support character, great for combos but very teamate depdendent.
    23. Hawkeye (Ronin)- Fun character, tile creator
    24. Niko Monroe- Need a someone who is spamming tiles, but unstoppable with the right teammates.
    25. Punisher (MAX)- Powerful black, ok green AOE whose damage is good after a character is downed.
    Honorable mention, Kate Bishop, Cyclops and Nova and Moon Night and Mockingbird