All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not as far as I am aware. Okoye came out of a vault for me, Ock was/is VIP and Thor and Strange were straight silly money purchases with extras like CP but no covers and Cable was earnable. DD only one that came with a cover to my recollection.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not as far as I am aware. Okoye came out of a vault for me, Ock was/is VIP and Thor and Strange were straight silly money purchases with extras like CP but no covers and Cable was earnable. DD only one that came with a cover to my recollection.
    Then,  i must be wrong.   I guess the dd one annoyed me and projected on the others because i actually liked that one. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    You are correct that DD was the only costume you could get with an actual cover.  It was a 300 CP purchase (not that long ago).  No actual money was involved (theoretically; you can always use $ to gain CP in buy clubs, so that's about $300 with 60 CP left over).

Any other 5*s bundles have not included an actual specific cover, but a bunch have come with LTs or tokens to a special 5* store, all for actual $ (usually 74.99 if memory serves)

Thor
    Strange
    Captain Marvel
    Goblin

I don't think anyone who has 550s would choose not to buy a costume bundle because they were worried about getting another cover from the store; they could have hoarded them, I guess (the LTs, at least).  

The 8000 HP bundle:
    Loki - no cover included

Okoye was in a vault which also included the Royal Talon Fighter Support.  Cable was winnable for T10 placement.

If someone has a 550, they can sometimes ask to have any dupe covers for that character converted to any other 5* cover they wish via CS request (I think they have to have all 3 Latests and the cover needs to be one of the Latest 3).  But I didn't hear any complaint during the 2 weeks the DD costume was available regarding wanting to buy the bundle, but not needing that cover.....I don't think any whale / hoarder was stressing that much over it.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    You are correct that DD was the only costume you could get with an actual cover.  It was a 300 CP purchase (not that long ago).  No actual money was involved (theoretically; you can always use $ to gain CP in buy clubs, so that's about $300 with 60 CP left over).

Any other 5*s bundles have not included an actual specific cover, but a bunch have come with LTs or tokens to a special 5* store, all for actual $ (usually 74.99 if memory serves)

Thor
    Strange
    Captain Marvel
    Goblin

I don't think anyone who has 550s would choose not to buy a costume bundle because they were worried about getting another cover from the store; they could have hoarded them, I guess (the LTs, at least).  

The 8000 HP bundle:
    Loki - no cover included

Okoye was in a vault which also included the Royal Talon Fighter Support.  Cable was winnable for T10 placement.

If someone has a 550, they can sometimes ask to have any dupe covers for that character converted to any other 5* cover they wish via CS request (I think they have to have all 3 Latests and the cover needs to be one of the Latest 3).  But I didn't hear any complaint during the 2 weeks the DD costume was available regarding wanting to buy the bundle, but not needing that cover.....I don't think any whale / hoarder was stressing that much over it.
    Only 550s in latest are converted to another cover... once out of latest,  you are out of luck.  Ive burned at least 12 thanos,  , 6 thor and a few dd because they came after those characters moved to classic.   I think the loki option or dd option except for 550s was the right price... the others were way too much. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @bluewolf I know you have a lot of this data but it would be nice to see what costumes we have had so far, when they were released and  what they cost/progression/VIP (LOLOLOL well this was only updated 2 times and the same one in here for now 7 MONTHS!!!!).   This might need a new thread. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    As usual, getting pissed off at the devs monetising on some costumes despite them making a number of costumes available for free... I suppose the devs are not allowed to monetise or if they do so, they can only charge it at 6.99 with covers?  :|

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    To be truly appropriate, the Stealth Spider-Man costume should have been earnable through some means that were never announced. It would just show up in some Players' inventory, with no indication of where it came from, or how it got there. Stealth!
    How do we know it isn’t?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    @The rockett

And anyone else interested.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78956/costumes-that-have-been-available-in-the-game/p1?new=1

EDIT:  Looking through that list shows that the Stealth Spidey bundle is the 3rd time they have offered this exact combination of goodies for that price for a 3* costume.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Needed the HP, so the Stealth Suit was an okay deal for what I was getting. Three additional three star covers, a costume and two roster slots to give me enough space for all characters, including limiteds and Mysterio, on my roster and keep my bonus rewards flowing for another 30 days. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Costumes are completely cosmetic and it is a widely accepted thing in the gaming world that they are often purchasable extras.
    Yyou must be young.

I come from an age where costumes and such were unlockable. You played the game, achieved certain things and gained costumed as a reward.
    And I come from an age when the "costume" was dressing up Pong -- literally on our black and white TV -- as a game, something other than an electronic marvel. We tried hard to believe it was fun; I think that was 1975...

(The marvel was absolutely real. The "fun game," not so much! lol)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Costumes are completely cosmetic and it is a widely accepted thing in the gaming world that they are often purchasable extras.
    Yyou must be young.

I come from an age where costumes and such were unlockable. You played the game, achieved certain things and gained costumed as a reward.
    Funny, I come from an age where reasonable people can recognize the difference in unlockables in standard games and microtransactions in free to play games and how both have separate and valid reasons to exist that do not invalidate each other.

Further, the gatekeeping is incredibly obnoxious.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yyou must be young.

What do you classify as "Young"? Interested to hear. 

Things have changed.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yyou must be young.

Funny, I come from an age where reasonable people can recognize the difference in unlockables in standard games and microtransactions in free to play games and how both have separate and valid reasons to exist that do not invalidate each other.

Further, the gatekeeping is incredibly obnoxious.
    There was a time when the ad hominem attacks this self-righteous post is begging for were not just tolerated, but encouraged, as a means of establishing reasonable norms for community discourse.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    please remain civil 

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Here's a question that may have been asked before, but I can't remember, if so:

Can a character have more than one alternative costume? Ex:  X-Force Deadpool will soon be Cap'n Deadbeard.  Could he get an additional costume in the future?  So you had 3 options?

(cue groans from your art department, who probably think that around 160 costumes for all 3/4/5's is already a lot...)
    As of this moment, we don't have any characters scheduled to have more than one alternate costume, however theoretically I don't see why characters couldn't have more than one in the future.
    Glad that this changed.  New Scarlet Witch Costume is pretty awesome.  Since I never play her, I'll pass on it, but it still looks very cool!
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Is that bewitched version based on a comic? At least I can't remember.