New Alliance Event: Battle at the Basilica *Updated (7/1/19)

Comments

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Tony_Foot said:
    Kletvar said:
    Congratulations devs, you made one of the worst alliance events in the game, if not the worst.
    It's frustrating, the 1v1 node is really hard for so many players ( i have all 3*s championed and i'm still struggling to win the node), Hydro Man is a pain in the butt and Molten Man is a piece of cake. So, basically there is one super hard boss and than there is one super easy boss to make the balance. Jesus...
    After the event ends, I really hope you will make some changes to it for the future. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I hope not this is the best boss event except civil war. 1 v 1 nodes are a nice challenge to keep me playing and are not needed to get 900k. 

We have all been through where you are with the game, I couldn’t finish them often with a 3 star roster.

Enjoy it as bit by bit you progress.
    I am in 3* land with 1/1/0 Miles

1on1 I played are
    Carnage
    SpiderWomen
    Sandman
    GreenGoblin
    Sandman
    Venom Ed
    Prowler

I beat almost all with Miles purple and Chewie support. But use whale and DP coin for Sandman.

For boss,
    I think molten is harder than hydroman

I used IM40/str3/Cap (destroy special tile) or KK (rainbow) to finish them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Anyone have any ideas for beating a LVL 522 Vulture on this 1v1 node?  Difficulty - My Archangel is 2/5/1, LVL 375, and match damage kills him before Vulture gets airborne.  Edit - BAH! Vulture's immune to stun, even when airborne.

Also, anyone else have the idea that the 1v1 here might be a test run for a 5-star Crash of the Titans?

Edit Again - After trying Archangel, Okoye, Thor, Thanos multiple times each, and Miles (on the advice of one of the folks in my Alliance.  Vulture's green is AoE when he stops being airborne, so invisibility didn't work) I finally got him with 5-star Widow and a *very* friendly board.  Lots of red, and not much green.  He did get a countdown tile off, but I had enough purple to take it out.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Anyone have any ideas for beating a LVL 522 Vulture on this 1v1 node?  Difficulty - My Archangel is 2/5/1, LVL 375, and match damage kills him before Vulture gets airborne.  Edit - BAH! Vulture's immune to stun, even when airborne.

Also, anyone else have the idea that the 1v1 here might be a test run for a 5-star Crash of the Titans?

Edit Again - After trying Archangel, Okoye, Thor, Thanos multiple times each, and Miles (on the advice of one of the folks in my Alliance.  Vulture's green is AoE when he stops being airborne, so invisibility didn't work) I finally got him with 5-star Widow and a *very* friendly board.  Lots of red, and not much green.  He did get a countdown tile off, but I had enough purple to take it out.
    After a bunch of failures I ended up going with GED so I could make best use of all the black denial. First try went bad but second try collected enough to fire his black three times. 

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    fiirst said:

Brigby said:

Battle at the Basilica

where is E2 node?????
    putting 2 E4 nodes of 5 nodes is not friendly with new player.
    Welcome to a boss event, @fiirst. They aren't tailored to benefit new players. They're tailored to benefit players with deeper rosters. Have been since their inception. Contribute what you can and your Alliance should get you covers for the 3-star and 4-star rewards. 
    @spidyjedi84
    thx for the feedback, I acknowledged that 4* player are the mainstream. they are deseved the worthy content.
    But we need better information/ communication.

Let's see Newest round nodes as below

-E4 SP-iW (as told)
    -E3 Blade (as told)
    -W (wave) Miles Morales
    -1on1 Vulture ...&...

...E2 Ares? No! Sorry, it is replaced with
    -E4.2 Nick Fury AGAIN! tadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I saw Nick Fury node more than 4 times. while Venom Eddie, Spider Gwen, Agent Venom (and Ares) nodes only once each.

So, Published Ares as 2star Feature are kinda futile. Ares should not be there (the table). So, some of us would not waste resouce to roster Ares for the event. they would allocate the resouce to make more fun in this game.

@Brigby ,

I am really appreciated the information you provide but

-PLEASEEE do not mislead us ("us" may refer to new player with limited roster) by publish 2star as featured while they arent need in that event. Then, new player can well planning their roster.

or

-Make the entire event to fulfilling every range of player (such as make more node, etc)

Regards,
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    That list is the characters who are boosted for the event, not the required nodes... Hence, powered up.
  • spidyjedi84
    edited July 2019
    Kletvar said:
    Congratulations devs, you made one of the worst alliance events in the game, if not the worst.
    It's frustrating, the 1v1 node is really hard for so many players ( i have all 3*s championed and i'm still struggling to win the node), Hydro Man is a pain in the butt and Molten Man is a piece of cake. So, basically there is one super hard boss and than there is one super easy boss to make the balance. Jesus...
    After the event ends, I really hope you will make some changes to it for the future. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    Completely disagree. This is one of the best boss events they've made, especially the 1 v 1 nodes.
  • Fuzzbap
    Fuzzbap Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

After a bunch of failures I ended up going with GED so I could make best use of all the black denial. First try went bad but second try collected enough to fire his black three times. 

My Vulture node was LVL 474. My GED isn't great (only 3 covers) but in the end I got him with 5* Panther and lucking into the majority of the black matches.

I definitely don't agree with the poster who said it's the worst alliance event in the game (we were all around for "you're supposed to lose", right?) but it could maybe be rebalanced a smidge next time?
  • spidyjedi84
    Fuzzbap said:

My Vulture node was LVL 474. My GED isn't great (only 3 covers) but in the end I got him with 5* Panther and lucking into the majority of the black matches.

I definitely don't agree with the poster who said it's the worst alliance event in the game (we were all around for "you're supposed to lose", right?) but it could maybe be rebalanced a smidge next time?
    Yeah, that first run of Galactus was brutal. This, by comparison, is not "You're supposed to lose." I think the difference between three and four is steep in change of difficulty.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Iron Spidey managed it for me, barely. It was a weird fight, because, for once, I was actually trying to get the enemy Vulture to gain black, so I had more respite from his match damage and more time to build up web tiles to keep his powers neutralized.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    My Vulture was 405 and I got him with a 390 Miles on my 2nd try (he had some insane cascade on my first try).

Don't be afraid to equip a support to your character. I equipped a Rank 3 Chewie and filled with board with attack tiles since Miles is the only character making matches. This helps keep Miles invisible when Vulture expends his Blue when going airborne.  Carol's Communicator helps too if you get the 2 protect tiles which saves match damage at least until he gets Blue off for the first time.

Miles invisibility helps against his Green which is AOE *only* if he is returning from airborne. If it goes off and he's not airborne you aren't damaged since it's a target attack in that case.

KGB
  • Tino100
    Tino100 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    As a tier 3 player, I'm sad that so many nodes are tier 4 only. Usually I can keep up at 80% of the front runner in my alliance if I try hard, this time I'm at half his points. The percentage of tier 4 only nodes is a lot greater than what I've seen in other alliance events so far.

I've seen someone mention that these events are not tailored for new players. I guess that means me. That may be so, but there is a difference between a very hard challenge and simply getting barred from participating. The first provides motivation to develop yourself, the second does not. (Also, I have made it to the recruit token in an earlier alliance event. Hard does not equal impossible)

On a positive note, I really like the versus node. Very challenging. My Vulture was 346 and I used the beefed up tier 3 Captain America to beat him. Deny early black, build defense with blue, use abilities to get rid of the green countdown tiles.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Forgive me for repeating, but I’ve handled every 1-1 with Hulkbuster no sweat.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    The fact that this event is full of nodes that require 4*s is pretty bad in my opinion.

Most other boss events have a boost list which includes variants of Hawkeye, or Wolverine, or Spider-Man - people that players of various levels have - and those nodes are then accessible to players who are in the 3 tier, or 4 tier, or 5 tier.  Allowing alliances to bring along people who are at varying levels and help newer players develop their rosters.

This is the least new-player-friendly boss event I think there is.  Yes, lots of vets like it and the challenge is interesting if you want to play it.  But it's really not good to design an event that is so skewed toward vets.

Unless, I guess, that's the majority of players and there aren't many new people to worry about.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    pheregas said:
    Dogface said:
    Wilger said:
    that lvl 489 Green Goblin node at day 2 puts a serious down vote on this event for my aliance.
    I too was surprised by the enormous level leap of adversaries this time and i'm used to alliance events.
    Reduced opponent nodes always scale higher.  Remember the old days before they fixed scaling when we'd have to fight those ridiculous solo Juggernauts (before they nerfed him) or the Hood/Magneto nodes?
    This is true.  But 1v1 arguably should not scale the same as 3v1. 

The 1v1 nodes are interesting, and definitely a challenge for 5* players.  But the implementation seems potentially problematic.

Top tier alliances generally finish boss event sin 24-30 hours using excellent coordination (6x boss hits per cycle + 1 for every round, and staggering attacks so no points are wasted by round roll-overs).  So they will basically be done with the event by the time the 1v1 nodes crank up to 450+. 

Meanwhile the mid tier alliances frequently struggle through to the last day to squeak out round 7 or 8.

The net result is therefore that (1) those players with the best rosters who would have the best experience with the 1v1 nodes don't ever really have to interact with them at all, and (2) those alliance that need all 11 refresh cycles to clear the event are likely to lose 1x boss hit from each cycle from multiple alliance members because lone 3*s (and most lone 4*s) really struggle against 500+ opponents.

This seems like a very regressive change that I really like in principle, but would like to see tweaked  in subsequent runs.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Vhailorx said:

The net result is therefore that (1) those players with the best rosters who would have the best experience with the 1v1 nodes don't ever really have to interact with them at all, and (2) those alliance that need all 11 refresh cycles to clear the event are likely to lose 1x boss hit from each cycle from multiple alliance members because lones 3*s (and most lone 4*s) really struggle against 500+ opponents.

I have a 4* champed roster with no one (including my 5*) over L300. My 1v1 nodes (all my side nodes actually) topped out at 410 and my boosted Miles/Spiderwoman/Hulkbuster etc were all in the 390 range. The 1v1 fights were certainly fair for me since roster scaling scaled to the level of my top 5 boosted characters which were all 390ish.

3* players should not be facing L400 plus enemies unless they've leveled a couple of under covered 5* into the 370+ range. They should be facing solo enemies scaled to their roster (250-300 ranged depending on how champed their 3* are and how many 5* they've rostered). If they have leveled a Kitty and/or Okoye into the 370 range then they are going to suffer in Boss events and esp in the solo nodes and that doesn't seem unreasonable.

KGB
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

The net result is therefore that (1) those players with the best rosters who would have the best experience with the 1v1 nodes don't ever really have to interact with them at all, and (2) those alliance that need all 11 refresh cycles to clear the event are likely to lose 1x boss hit from each cycle from multiple alliance members because lones 3*s (and most lone 4*s) really struggle against 500+ opponents.

I have a 4* champed roster with no one (including my 5*) over L300. My 1v1 nodes (all my side nodes actually) topped out at 410 and my boosted Miles/Spiderwoman/Hulkbuster etc were all in the 390 range. The 1v1 fights were certainly fair for me since roster scaling scaled to the level of my top 5 boosted characters which were all 390ish.

3* players should not be facing L400 plus enemies unless they've leveled a couple of under covered 5* into the 370+ range. They should be facing solo enemies scaled to their roster (250-300 ranged depending on how champed their 3* are and how many 5* they've rostered). If they have leveled a Kitty and/or Okoye into the 370 range then they are going to suffer in Boss events and esp in the solo nodes and that doesn't seem unreasonable.

KGB
    The scaling on the v1 nodes towards the end did seem to get a bit out of hand, but the level differential only slightly better/worse for people with champed 5-stars.  I've got Thanos and Thor both at LVL 455, with a few other 5-star champed at lower levels.  The last 1v1 fight I had was vs Black Cat, who was about 85 levels higher than my highest character.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

KGB
    I think you forgot the boost effect.  My roster tops out at Rags at 244, only two other characters over 209.  I was facing level 360+ in the 1 on 1 and I assume this is because of the boosted levels of IM40, Spidey, Blade etc.

Joining in the chorus of appreciation for this event.  Nice to have two bosses so slightly different strategies.  (I used 3* Cap against Hydro-Man as his CDs were longer and I wanted to target yellow to get IM40's recharge, I used Falcon against Molten-Man and targeted blue).
    1 on 1 nodes were fun and nice to have something that depended on you choosing the right character/playing the board well.  Only 1 on 1 I couldn't beat was Sandman as I only had a little time to play at the end of the sub, he beat me three times and then the nodes refreshed.
    Personally managed 1.5m points so certainly possible with a good three star roster, although this was helped by my low level four star roster as the only nodes I couldn't play were Spider-Gwen's.  Our Alliance (top 500) got down to about 350000 required before the last half-slice and so managed it in the final window.  Personally that made it more interesting than events like Sinister 600 where we knew we had no chance or most other events where it is usually clear we'll get there comfortably.  I'll admit a lot of this was due to some of the stronger rosters in our alliance having less availability due to the scheduling and I expect if it was re-run we would clear it up to a day earlier.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

KGB
    Huh, I didn't know how aggressive the roster-leading scaling was in boss events these days and was scared that everyone was getting up towards level 500 opponents on the last day (my roster caps at 461 and I got up to ~530 in the last cycle.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed this event a lot, my only complaint was the Monday to Thursday scheduling which meant my Alliance didn't finish but did make round 8 due to players having missed clears but Brigby said that was a one off for 4th July so otherwise 😎
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    This event had my alliance talking more strategies and helpful team ideas than anything else in the past.   The 1 vs 1 was hard on a lot of people, and the boosted list is junk for more than half my alliance (mostly 3 star tier).   Wish we didn't have to get to level 8 for a free spider ham (since we only got to 7).  One of the most interesting things they've come out with during my short time (1.5 years) in the game