New Alliance Event: Battle at the Basilica *Updated (7/1/19)

Comments

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Not a fan of this event's scaling  :s
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Hearing all that makes me sad I missed Sandman's clear. Venom I handled with Riri-- I assumed because they can't be stunned like bossed, that you also wouldn't be able to send them airborne. Wrong. Riri's green sent 1v1 Venom airborne perfectly fine! Her self-feed red nuke in a 1v1 fight is also very efficient.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just took out the LVL 509 Venom with...Howard the Duck.  Invisibility works just great in this match, and Howard has the added bonus of destroying green tiles so Venom can't fire off his Symbiotic Fury easily.  You just have to get lucky (or use AP boosts) to get enough purple to turn invisible before match damage takes you out.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Nice surprise to get a spiderham as one of the rewards for beating the boss. Has this ever been done before in a boss event?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW Spidey is still the MVP of the single node so far.

Invisible characters might work unless the enemy ha AoE.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    I like that Infinity War Spidey is so good in this event, you can't dare use him against boss Venom in Sinister Six as he just gets one-shot devoured!

Edit: Although I haven't been able to play the Venom boss yet so hope the above is not wishful thinking for that...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I actually laughed during the current group of side nodes on Blade's essential when the second wave was a single, extremely boosted Hammer Commander.   In all my years in this game, I hadn't previously seen a "boss" Hammer goon :)
    That sounds really very awesome! It will be a race home to see if I can try that and Venom before the next 8 hour refresh!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I actually laughed during the current group of side nodes on Blade's essential when the second wave was a single, extremely boosted Hammer Commander.   In all my years in this game, I hadn't previously seen a "boss" Hammer goon :)
    I was so floored by this that I took a screenshot.  Venom should have been there.  Apparently he wandered away and roosted in the one on one node.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Good call on 5* Doom vs Boss Venom.  My Hela got slaughtered, but Doom cut him down without effort.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019

Brigby said:

Battle at the Basilica

5 nodes I see in each round are (i miss some round) 
    -E4(spider IW)
    -E3(blade)
    -1on1 
    -Semi Essential node
    -2nd E4 node

where is E2 node?????
    putting 2 E4 nodes of 5 nodes is not friendly with new player.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Five Star Fisk today.  Used Miles just for the “Into the Spiderverse” vibe.  Stayed invisible for most of the fight and got it on the first (maybe third) try.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Same here.  I saw her pop up after the first wave died, and was wondering where the other two goons were.  Then I saw that she had about 70K health, and thought "OK.  She's boosted."  That was not at all what I was expecting...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    fiirst said:

Brigby said:

Battle at the Basilica

5 nodes I see in each round are (i miss some round) 
    -E4(spider IW)
    -E3(blade)
    -1on1 
    -Semi Essential node
    -2nd E4 node

where is E2 node?????
    putting 2 E4 nodes of 5 nodes is not friendly with new player.
    Welcome to a boss event, @fiirst. They aren't tailored to benefit new players. They're tailored to benefit players with deeper rosters. Have been since their inception. Contribute what you can and your Alliance should get you covers for the 3-star and 4-star rewards. 
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited July 2019
    Congratulations devs, you made one of the worst alliance events in the game, if not the worst.
    It's frustrating, the 1v1 node is really hard for so many players ( i have all 3*s championed and i'm still struggling to win the node), Hydro Man is a pain in the butt and Molten Man is a piece of cake. So, basically there is one super hard boss and than there is one super easy boss to make the balance. Jesus...
    After the event ends, I really hope you will make some changes to it for the future. 

//Removed Profanity - Brigby
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Prowler is the next 1v1 boss. Not sure who I should use against him, but maybe 4* Iron-Spidey or 5* Parker will be up for the task..
    Ohhh, please make an upcoming 1v1 feature a boss level Taskmaster! 
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    RickOShay said:
    Prowler is the next 1v1 boss. Not sure who I should use against him, but maybe 4* Iron-Spidey or 5* Parker will be up for the task..
    Ohhh, please make an upcoming 1v1 feature a boss level Taskmaster! 
    Miles Morales
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Kletvar said:
    Congratulations devs, you made one of the worst alliance events in the game, if not the worst.
    It's frustrating, the 1v1 node is really hard for so many players ( i have all 3*s championed and i'm still struggling to win the node), Hydro Man is a pain in the butt and Molten Man is a piece of cake. So, basically there is one super hard boss and than there is one super easy boss to make the balance. Jesus...
    After the event ends, I really hope you will make some changes to it for the future. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I hope not this is the best boss event except civil war. 1 v 1 nodes are a nice challenge to keep me playing and are not needed to get 900k. 

We have all been through where you are with the game, I couldn’t finish them often with a 3 star roster.

Enjoy it as bit by bit you progress.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Kletvar said:
    It's frustrating, the 1v1 node is really hard for so many players ( i have all 3*s championed and i'm still struggling to win the node), Hydro Man is a pain in the butt and Molten Man is a piece of cake. So, basically there is one super hard boss and than there is one super easy boss to make the balance. Jesus...

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    On the contrary, I think it’s one of the best. Yeah, molten man is easier, but having having bosses that are tough is the whole point. It actually encourages you to use different teams that you wouldn’t normally use, and some actual skill and strategy, rather than just matching tiles until you die or win.

The same for the 1v1 mode, which forces you to think about your roster, and figuring out how to counter each character. Yes, it has been more difficult, but that is what players are asking for more and more, to keep the game fresh.

The only problem I have with this entire event, however, is that we have miles, Gwen and fury as essentials. All of these have a 4* only version, which makes it difficult for a weaker roster, as there’s no other available choice like there is with spidey.

On the whole, I say good job to the devs, this is a very fun event. People on the whole seem to respond well to the 1v1 challenge.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've loved the 1v1 nodes so far. I'd love to see them appear somewhere else. Like a season long Gauntlent, with a couple of these added along the chain, maybe the final node and one in the middle somewhere.

A guy can dream, right?