New Alliance Event: Battle at the Basilica *Updated (7/1/19)

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    Since I just watched Into the Spider-Verse, I've been using the three 4* Spideys together. It's sometimes a bit awkward, because there are only damaging powers on two colours, and I wish my Iron Spidey were higher level so he'd tank black and team-up over Miles, but Miles helps feed both colours for the nukes with all the web tiles, so overall, it's been a really fun and effective team.
    Agreed. I have been using the same team myself. My iron spider is a higher level than the other 2, and has Sharon carter as a support to boost red damage, and that guarantees that he tanks everything except purple and yellow. It works really well, as he takes virtually no damage.

Also, his and miles nukes hit like a pair of freight trains, especially when boosted, so that’s always fun. Cherry bomb is good to use as an alternative too, if you just need to finish the boss off.

If you need to tank black, I’m sure there’s probably a support that can do that for you

Edit: Never mind, only a rank 5 pocket radio or a rank 3 soul stone boost black for heroes, so i guess that is unlikely for most
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I had to bring my lvl 288 Cap M4rvel to a fight with lvl 415 GG, desperately seeking yellow and black. If GG would get 9 black he could insta kill CM. And to think this is the first increase. We might get a lvl 500 GG or other 5* on the last day. There's no way i can beat that.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    That Green Goblin node is ridiculous.  Not only is it the only node that I lost the entire event (so far) but I had to redo it four times with a championed Agent Venom.  If you can't deny black, you lose, and if you take too long and get too many colors, you probably also lose, as the board shake will almost certainly set GG up for cascades/black matches.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I did the GG node with a champ infinity spidey, and came away nearly scratch free. A single proportionate punch was enough on like the 4th or 5th turn....
    It actually made me feel really good, as im having far more trouble with this stupid hydroman (round 7), who is of course allowed to conjure up any amount of AP for himself whenever he pleases :/
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Sweet merciful fancy Moses, I didn't even realize the 1v1 allowed you to select a character.  I must have gotten AV by default from the boss node fight.  Let's just say I won't be doing that again.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wilger said:
    that lvl 489 Green Goblin node at day 2 puts a serious down vote on this event for my aliance.
    I died 2 times with my 5* Daredevil. Then I ran kitty. That black hits like a truck. Kitty ensured it only hit me once.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I did the GG node with a champ infinity spidey, and came away nearly scratch free. A single proportionate punch was enough on like the 4th or 5th turn....
    It actually made me feel really good, as im having far more trouble with this stupid hydroman (round 7), who is of course allowed to conjure up any amount of AP for himself whenever he pleases :/
    Agreed - iron Spidey is made for 1v1 as he is matching every colour. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also took Iron Spider in against Goblin and battered him, it was actually a really good fight, almost like they were archenemies!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used loki and denied black. More of these challenges please. Excellent addition.

Finally forced to do something other than kitty or Thor okoye everyone to death.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    I had a lot of fun with the Goblin node-- it's a 1v1 mission where you can bring anyone and it's difficult and not timed, so you actually have a reason to make use of defensive abilities. Yay invisibility! Ghost dealt with this very well, between invisibility, good match damage and self-feeding kicks.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Sweet merciful fancy Moses, I didn't even realize the 1v1 allowed you to select a character.  I must have gotten AV by default from the boss node fight.  Let's just say I won't be doing that again.
    Otherwise it would be like running a Crash every 8 hrs!! One that got harder and harder after each round at that!
    Not to mention it would be the hight of cruelty against lower rosters...

I really like this 1v1 node so far, and think its a great and challenging addition to boss events. It not only forces you to choose the character wisely, but also your boosts and supports as well. I hope there will be other new boss events (with time of course) and such a node will become a regular feature.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Holy anna, I didn't think about invisibility.  Hello, Goblin, my name is Howard, come and meet my little duck friends.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy anna, I didn't think about invisibility.  Hello, Goblin, my name is Howard, come and meet my little duck friends.
    Correct. Not sure why so many above missed going invisible.

With Miles being boosted he's better than Howard (riskier too with only 1 invis tile) since his Red/Purple at 5 colors will almost 1 shot Goblin. I actually ran with only 3 in Purple cause I wanted his Yellow to feed me lots of Red/Purple from the web tiles to speed my AP gain.

It was an easy battle.

KGB
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Correct. Not sure why so many above missed going invisible.
    Don't worry. They fixed that with Sandman's AoE in the next level.  19K damage for 9 Green AP.  Yuck.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Scuzoid said:
    Thought about using my C4rol as well as she's my only 4*

You might want to try IM40/Cap3/C4rol.
    Boosted Cap3 does decent damage, and also removes the boss CDs.
    Protect tiles will reduce the high match damage in later rounds.
    Once you get the shields rolling, that will be a lot of boosts to Carol's strikes and Cap's protects.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Iron Spidey was able to handle Green Goblin just fine, but Sandman took me a few tries. I thought Eddie Brock might work OK, because he neutralizes Protect tiles, but I forgot that he also creates them, pretty much always putting Sandman in position to smash immediately with his yellow. Eventually got it with Kitty Pryde and a Like Unto Iron team-up to turn all her Protects into Strikes after they'd had a couple of turns to get pumped up.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I took Elektra in to the 1:1 with sandman thinking I could flip his protects and shadow step would protect me from damage. How wrong I was! Apparently Sandman’s green goes right through shadowstep. I guess the stun must apply before the damage. 

This is is the kind of thing that gets Elektra consigned to the dustbin of history. She should be great 1:1 and yet she isn’t. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Doom worked for me GG and now for Venom - deny green then yellow, let him have as much black as he wants. Should be OK as lon as he can't fire yellow and green close together. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I took Miles into sandman fight, forgetting about his aoe green. whoops