New Alliance Event: Battle at the Basilica *Updated (7/1/19)

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Cool new Bosses! Super easy for now of course, but looking forward to playing them at higher levels.

The 1 v 1 nodes feature a non-stunnable enemy, similar to the boss enemies at the end of the Support Circuit etc.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was quite fun, I especially liked the 1 v 1 node, the bosses will get tough I think, especially Molten Man, will be interesting to see how much brutally that 1 v 1 scales later on.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really digging the goofy cartoon artwork of the map. It looks great. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Points are out of control. I am first in my alliance, only one clear down for me. 6 other people have played and we are in round 3.
  • DAZ0273
    Brigby said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    This all sounds like fun but I really hope it is a one off as a Monday event as I will miss 2 clears at least guaranteed due to work. Could end up being as many as 4 depending on how hard it is.
    It started on a Monday this time, because this Thursday is Independence Day in the US (aka 4th of July), so we didn't want to be out of the office on the first day of a new Alliance event, and be unable to provide support if something unexpected were to pop up.
    Fair enough and may I wish you a Happy Ungrateful Colonial Treason Day in advance! 😉
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realise it's a Catch 22 but the Monday start is a big bummer for our alliance as we have a number who are in our alliance for events because they know they can play on weekends but not as much during the week.  I doubt we can finish all levels this time, unfortunately.
  • Scuzoid
    Scuzoid Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Any ideas for a 3* team for the last round? I'm using IM40+Blade+Falcon right now for both Hydro and Molten, and while it gets the job done, it won't for the last round, and may not for the Hydro round before it. Tried Hulk+Storm+Kamala vs Molten, but his main hit usually targets Storm, so that's not going to work. Round 8 for 3* teams, ugh.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    That's very fast. It's less than 8 hours and you are at round 8. I'm not sure how much he hits for but you can trying using Captain Marvel as a bait and team her up with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. She will generate 5 red ap and 3 black ap once a certain damage threshold is met. So you can use it to feed black.

If not team her up with some strong red like Iron Man and/or Cyclops. Put Captain Marvel in the centre and she will tank for both of them. Spam your red, yellow or black to down him.

Edit: Captain America could be good to overwrite the countdown tiles too.
  • Scuzoid
    Scuzoid Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2019
    Nah, we're at round 4, but given the amount of punishment Molten can do at 4, I'm almost certain my team can't reliably survive round 8, even with boosted AP and/or tile damage. Thought about using my C4rol as well as she's my only 4* (Maybe Bishop too?) usable in this fight: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Scuzoid/ I don't know. Guess I'll wait to see how 40+Blade+Falcon do in round 7. Wish 3* had some better AP deny skills, especially yellow AP deny for these 2 guys.

Oh, and my 2*s aren't all 144, I just don't bother updating them as they're always leveling.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wish I could play boss events more frequently. Normally there is seasonal pvp to play and the simulator, but kinda boring when waiting for nodes to refresh. I'm not putting any effort into bagman pvp. Not worth pushing to 900 for 1 two star cover. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Doing the Gritty takedown and totally taking down the bosses  B)
  • DAZ0273
    The more I look at this, I may end up in being in the embarrassing position of struggling to make personal progression due to mega missing of clears whilst the rest of My Alliance crushes it to Round 8!

• MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    New bosses are cool. Thanks devs!
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker
    that lvl 489 Green Goblin node at day 2 puts a serious down vote on this event for my aliance.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Wilger said:
    that lvl 489 Green Goblin node at day 2 puts a serious down vote on this event for my aliance.
    I too was surprised by the enormous level leap of adversaries this time and i'm used to alliance events.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Wilger said:
    I too was surprised by the enormous level leap of adversaries this time and i'm used to alliance events.
    Reduced opponent nodes always scale higher.  Remember the old days before they fixed scaling when we'd have to fight those ridiculous solo Juggernauts (before they nerfed him) or the Hood/Magneto nodes?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I just watched Into the Spider-Verse, I've been using the three 4* Spideys together. It's sometimes a bit awkward, because there are only damaging powers on two colours, and I wish my Iron Spidey were higher level so he'd tank black and team-up over Miles, but Miles helps feed both colours for the nukes with all the web tiles, so overall, it's been a really fun and effective team.