Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the alliance placement tokens from the Black Cat PvP, I managed to snag the green cover in my vault, bringing her to 2/4/4 Level 209. Ready for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. 😎

On a side note, how was her PvP NOT called "Bye, Felicia!"?
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I got a green 4* Iron Fist, making him 3/1/5 now. I was missing that for the longest time. With that, I've officially collected one of every colour for all of the old 4*s. The only 4*s with colours missing now are recent ones- Hawkeye, Spider-Ham, Namor, Black Cat. Not bad for Day 682 (under 2 years!), I feel accomplished.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the Black Cat cover in my ...and Foes vault. Makes up a bit for tripping over myself in the release event and only getting one Cover there.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Black Cat ready for ST. Bring it on D3 😂 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I missed one clear of two essential nodes in HAT, so I thought I would be booted out of top 10 placement. Instead of that happening, my placement actually improved because it seems a number of players also missed their clears.  :D
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Joined 5.9 HAT after a couple of Flips, played somewhat casually, and still finished #14. Pulled the Tokens and got a Heroic Token as a Champion reward from one of the covers. Pulled it too, got a random 4*, can't remember who (this was bedtime last night, after 11pm for me), and they're not really important. 

The Best part is they came with a bonus Sabretooth cover! Actually even that's not the Best part. The Best part it was a Red cover for my 5/4/3 Sabretooth! 

I have a Champion Sabretooth!!!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cleared the seed teams in War of the Realms with the 1* Avengers (boosted IM35, mBW & 1* HE) and then kind of forgot about the event figuring I'd make a more serious climb later.  This morning I saw that I was hit by a number of 1-2* transitioners, so I responded in-kind with boosted IM35, boosted 1* Spider-Man & 1* Storm.  I've now gotten 1/2 way to 575/16wins using only 1*'s (3/5 being unboosted) in SCL9 w/ champed 4* MMR.  

I'm reasonably certain all of the players I attacked should be able to win against that team (except maybe one, and even they can win if they play smart and don't get unlucky cascades against them), so because I won't be able to play for several hours anyway, hitting 575/16 wins might be possible with that team.   ...and if not, playing the "right" way with the boosted 4*'s MMR intends isn't the worst thing :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went 2/3 on Heroic tokens this morning from War of the Realms placement rewards: Chulk and Shuri.

But Chulk also came with a BH black Sabretooth cover, which allowed me to champ him. I did, and the XP bumped me up to S.H.I.E.L.D rank 176, which was 92,500 ISO. So I basically got to champ him for "free."

Down to just my 4/3/10 Ronin and 2/4/4 Black Cat to champ. Since BC is already at 209, BH will go back to Bishop for a bit. 
  • TPF Alexis
    ZootSax said:
    Cleared the seed teams in War of the Realms with the 1* Avengers (boosted IM35, mBW & 1* HE) and then kind of forgot about the event figuring I'd make a more serious climb later.  This morning I saw that I was hit by a number of 1-2* transitioners, so I responded in-kind with boosted IM35, boosted 1* Spider-Man & 1* Storm.  I've now gotten 1/2 way to 575/16wins using only 1*'s (3/5 being unboosted) in SCL9 w/ champed 4* MMR.  

I'm reasonably certain all of the players I attacked should be able to win against that team (except maybe one, and even they can win if they play smart and don't get unlucky cascades against them), so because I won't be able to play for several hours anyway, hitting 575/16 wins might be possible with that team.   ...and if not, playing the "right" way with the boosted 4*'s MMR intends isn't the worst thing :)
    I've made it to 16 wins a couple of times using just 1* Spidey, 1* Storm, Loaner. It's absolutely possible to do it. And if not, there are usually a couple of only slightly higher level hits that I can take on with my 2*. If I'm in the mood to commit to it, I can usually make it to somewhere between 20-24 wins before I need to switch to my 5* and/or Boosted 4*.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:

This is a known thing in the game. I call it “the retal game” and it works just as you described. If you join at the beginning and use the loaner and 1*s, the only teams that can queue you are 1* teams. Once you use 2* teams, 2* teams can now see you. Basically whatever level team you use, will determine who can find you. So you can trade hits with 1* teams all the way to 75 if you’d like. There are two kickers though. 

1) Once the red nodes run out, notice that you can only queue up people in your MMR. So you have to wait for more people to attack you. I usually use teams that are great on offense/bad on defense (2* StormNeto for example) so there are no shortage of hits). 

2) Once you use a stronger team (say you switch to a 4* team for one match), then teams at that level can now find you. And there’s no going back.

Hope this sheds some light on what you’re experiencing. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh and my reason for coming in... best moment! I have a 3/4/4 Ham (yes I bought that 3-cover deal... only time I spent cash outside $2 a month). It bothers me that he is the only 4* I have unchamped aside from Black Cat.

I was excited that they made him a HFH offer and I was going to pay the exorbitant amount to get one cover closer. Only it is purple... the same color as his PVP progression reward, meaning it would be a saved cover. So... pass. I told a friend “it sucks the prizes are the same color because there is no way I can T10 War of the Realms”.

So I woke up this morning and joined a slice with about 3.5 hours left and played on the treadmill. Noticed I was in a super fresh slice (entered at 40) and climbed as high as I could before having to shield way earlier than I normally do (~950) because I was running late for work. 

I’m a 5* player but I climbed using Okoye/Medusa/Sabretooth (a 5 and two 4s).  They could take down 5* teams easy enough but I did lose a lot against the trip-champ 5s I was facing, as one bad cascade often spelt doom. I had to dip deep into my taco stash for healthpacks.  But there was a method to my madness. I ended with Gritty/Bishop (a 5 and two 4s) and since I never used a 5* team during my climb, that stayed my defensive team. 

I had a break at work and noticed I had about 15-20 minutes left in the event and was #13. I broke my shield with Gritty/Bishop and hit anything worth high points (minus other Gritty/Bishops.... because... why??). I climbed unencumbered and ended at 1138. Ran out of time before I could hit the 1200 reward. Bummer. BUT I ended not only T10, but T5 for TWO Ham covers! I now have a champed Spider-Ham to take into his PVP! I never T5 in PVP so to do it in THIS event of all events made me super happy!  I didn’t use any coordination. But did utilize a MMR-manipulation strategy that actually worked!

TLDR: I champed Ham, and though I am an extreme anti-nerf person... nerf Bishop.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Three Tokens from Porcine of Interest:
    Human Torch, Wiccan with bonus Bishop and a HawkGuy to round it off.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,575 Chairperson of the Boards

TLDR: I champed Ham, and though I am an extreme anti-nerf person... nerf Bishop.
    Congrats on champing Spider-Ham!

Don't nerf Bishop. He is a genuine defence against 5* players it isn't like playing him offensively doesn't cost health packs. You were a 4* player for so long, a hero of the tier in my estimation (yeah I know you probably have zero idea who I am but I have been around these forums a lot longer than my join date and that join date is still a couple of years, I lurked for a year, I know by name if not by socially pretty much all of the players who have been on here from the sadly not seen much anymore Jamie Madrox to the rising star of froggerjohn). I know you have in your pocket plenty of options to deal with a 4*, even a tricky one like Bishop. Don't be the nerf guy. Please.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,575 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh and I don't have Gritty, so I am not defending Bishop from that obnoxious position. I would probably join the sheep in playing it though! 😉
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Finished T50 in CL9 for the Soul Season. Not bad for someone who typically doesn't even bother playing PvP. I've never even been T1,000 before.
    While I don't use PvP coordination (can't figure out how it works), it's good to see that my roster is finally good enough to compete in 4* MMR.
  • TPF Alexis
    Made full Season Progression for the first time! Thanks, all y'all who've given me tips!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Spider-Ham in the Taco vault, 657 tokens to this Vault and a Limited character is a pretty decent reason to finally start spending. After 270 pulls I finally get the blue Ham cover, after already getting the other 4*, the LT, and all Hero Points... had a think and decided to reset the Vault in an attempt to get another Ham cover even though he's now 2/3/5. Result! There's a Ham yellow cover after the reset, and after another 50 pulls I manage to get that one too.

I'm thinking about spending the 3600 HP on the HfH deal, but I'm not sure. Happy with my 3/3/5 Spider-Ham for now. Not a great run on the first Vault, but the with the second only taking 50 pulls it's pretty decent on average in my opinion.