MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2019 Edition *Updated (6/24/19)

123457»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I’m not sure if this was mentioned already, but the 2/3/4 loaner node in Honor Among Thieves with Black Cat, Spiderman and Storm is one of the best synergistic teams for that node in recent memory.  Three stuns (albeit with two on blue), solid offense on blue, green and yellow with some AP theft and defense tiles thrown in.  It may not be the best 2/3/4 team out there, but it’s worlds better than most in PVE...
    I also noticed that it's a good event to show off Black Cat there, since in at least one of those, the enemy only generates the two colours she uses, so A Purrfect Plan will always steal something useful.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I’m not sure if this was mentioned already, but the 2/3/4 loaner node in Honor Among Thieves with Black Cat, Spiderman and Storm is one of the best synergistic teams for that node in recent memory.  Three stuns (albeit with two on blue), solid offense on blue, green and yellow with some AP theft and defense tiles thrown in.  It may not be the best 2/3/4 team out there, but it’s worlds better than most in PVE...

The only problem is that if the attack or protect tiles are hidden away in a corner, you'd better hope that you can get 12 green for Storm's Lightning Strike and that it happens to hit that tile.  Otherwise, synergy or not, your team is going down under the inevitable assault of the Eye 
    It's definitely true that the team doesn't have a lot of answers for unlucky tile placement (or having a board short on green or blue, in particular), but at least it show-cases the new 4* character's potential better than many previous loaner nodes, such as Hood/2*Steve did for Talos or Hulk/2*Steve did for Agent Venom (this wasn't the worst team ever, but neither Hulk nor Steve are the kind of cheap-power-spammers that showcase Agent Venom).  It was probably blind chance, but it's nice finishing a loaner node and thinking a character at least has some potential rather than dreading the next time you're required the play them.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Would kinda love some more details about this upcoming new boss event that starts on Monday  :p
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would kinda love some more details about this upcoming new boss event that starts on Monday  :p
    Seconding the notion that it would be really cool to have ANY information about a new boss event that is supposed to be starting Monday.
    on July 1, the new Spider-Man themed Boss Event, Battle at the Basilica, kicks off!
    It would be super rad if we could get new information soon enough that any relevant questions could be answered in a timely manner before the event, but given that it is too late for that, anything resembling an acceptable minimum level of communication would be nice.

Just so I'm 1000% clear, an acceptable minimum is no longer possible, and we're in "better late than never" territory.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Check out the July 2019 Sneak Peek HERE
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Seconding the notion that it would be really cool to have ANY information about a new boss event that is supposed to be starting Monday.
    on July 1, the new Spider-Man themed Boss Event, Battle at the Basilica, kicks off!
    It would be super rad if we could get new information soon enough that any relevant questions could be answered in a timely manner before the event, but given that it is too late for that, anything resembling an acceptable minimum level of communication would be nice.

Just so I'm 1000% clear, an acceptable minimum is no longer possible, and we're in "better late than never" territory.
    They have made it:
    • 100% clear that secrecy + insecurity = $, 
    • 100% clear that this is business⇢job (not fun) and there is a 1:2+ correlation that if they luck into us experiencing fun that is windfall territory,
    • 100% clear that your post requests the exact opposite -- i.e. transparency -- of what they use to price projections, and
    • Your handle and mine are priced if tracked at all. Priced low.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Yepyep said:
    JHawkInc said:

They have made it:
    • 100% clear that secrecy + insecurity = $, 
    • 100% clear that this is business⇢job (not fun) and there is a 1:2+ correlation that if they luck into us experiencing fun that is windfall territory,
    • 100% clear that your post requests the exact opposite -- i.e. transparency -- of what they use to price projections, and
    • Your handle and mine are priced if tracked at all. Priced low.
    If you're interested in checking out details of the new event, you can take a look at the article we posted this past Friday listing the event details.

You can find it in the Announced posts in General Discussion / Events sub-forum or by clicking the link in the July 2019 Sneak Peek.