MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2019 Edition *Updated (6/24/19)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updates not necessary yet. Probably will get something Monday afternoon, but the stuff to get us through the weekend is right there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a far-from-home vault live in game now. I pulled a bunch in there, and got my 2nd bagman to champable status.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a far-from-home vault live in game now. I pulled a bunch in there, and got my 2nd bagman to champable status.
    I got Nick Fury from my free Token, and decided I was good with that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also got a couple 3*s, one of which was an LT champ level from Doom. it's all good lol
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I *have* to buy out that FFH vault. 

The OBW and 2* Torch covers I happen to have in mine would get me to 50 saved covers for both and let me flip them on my farm. 

The 3* Spidey covers would let me champ my dupe and add levels right away, so that's an LT.

My Fury and Iron Spider are at 319 and 309 respectively, so that's two more LTs. 😳

All for 3750 HP. I just wish I wasn't in the middle of building my 3* farm. Still need to buy slots for 20 more dupes...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    DarthDeVo said:

The OBW and 2* Torch covers I happen to have in mine would get me to 50 saved covers for both and let me flip them on my farm. 

The 3* Spidey covers would let me champ my dupe and add levels right away, so that's an LT.

My Fury and Iron Spider are at 319 and 309 respectively, so that's two more LTs. 😳

All for 3750 HP. I just wish I wasn't in the middle of building my 3* farm. Still need to buy slots for 20 more dupes...
    All of the things you mentioned would happen soon enough from regular game play & tokens. 
    That said, having things Right Now is fun. 

But I want to point out some maths on the 40x vaults. The 40x is typically a very minor discount to just running 10x draws until you get what you want. If it takes 4 tries of the 10x you are not out much more than it would have been, 950 HP x4 draws = 3800 HP. The 40x costs 3750 HP, -50 discount (yawn). 

Try a 10x or two to see how you run!
    On the last few vaults like this I got the best items within 3 or fewer draws of the 10x, saving hundreds/thousands of HP. 

The 80 item vaults usually have a far greater discount on the 40x pulls.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    RickOShay said:
    DarthDeVo said:

All of the things you mentioned would happen soon enough from regular game play & tokens. 
    That said, having things Right Now is fun. 

But I want to point out some maths on the 40x vaults. The 40x is typically a very minor discount to just running 10x draws until you get what you want. If it takes 4 tries of the 10x you are not out much more than it would have been, 950 HP x4 draws = 3800 HP. The 40x costs 3750 HP, -50 discount (yawn). 

Try a 10x or two to see how you run!
    On the last few vaults like this I got the best items within 3 or fewer draws of the 10x, saving hundreds/thousands of HP. 

The 80 item vaults usually have a far greater discount on the 40x pulls.
    I've seen the math before and am aware, I just don't mind getting all the extra resources as well. 🙂

In the end if I do buy out the whole thing, I'll just have to be a lot more mindful of my HP. And if worse comes to worst, can always buy some in an emergency. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turns out the delay in Sneak Peek updates was to accommodate a month-ish of Far From Home-ness.  Looks like a good start.  Spider-Ham!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(06/24/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Drat. I somehow misremembered Honor Among Thieves as a 3-day event this time and finished the first sub in 24 hours.  Since I don't enjoy PVP, I guess I get a break from earning Iso.     :)
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby
    Maybe this is already in the plans, but the fact that Bishop placement covers in PVP is followed by Bags to Riches brings up a concern that we won't see a progression cover for Bishop in the currently un-announced PVP that follows BtR.

I'm know many players would like to have the opportunity to earn that cover, and I hope that is planned for the rewards in that PVP.  Otherwise it'll be a while before he comes around again (alphabetically).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on this year Bagman PvP,  this is what happened:

SpiderWoman was the placement rewards before Bagman PvP.

SpiderWoman was the progressiom reward after Bagman PvP.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77480/mpq-sneak-peek-march-2019-edition-updated-3-31-19/p1

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77903/mpq-sneak-peek-april-2019-edition-updated-4-26-19/p1

Now, someone just need to find out if this is true for the last few years Bagman PvPs.
  • bluewolf
    If they did it this year (a couple months ago), I'm going to assume/hope that the same person is in charge of reward planning and will be on top of it, and we'll get Bishop in, apparently, the All Spider-Man PVP Tournament starting July 2.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/spider-man-swings-into-marvel-games-with-far-from-home-inspired-event
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Odd. First we have an off-season with two character events, now we get a "special" event in-season, with one more event after that before the end of the season, and Bags to Riches as the first off-season event even though it's not recognized as such. Seems like it would have made more sense to run War of the Realms after the Spider-Ham and Bag-Man events closed out the season, although as it stands Bag-Man's event ends the day Far From Home enters wide release, so the devs kinda got screwed in terms of being able to have character events as Far From Home comes out.

Regarding the character release schedule, if they're doing a 5-4-5-4-4 schedule as I surmise then the next card to come out around the Fourth of July should be a 4*. (Would be a great time to release a Captain America-related card, but I understand Far From Home trumps that.)
  • bluewolf
    Mysterio is confirmed as the new release on July 4 in multiple locations, including stating such in the Release notes (the date isn't mentioned, but it IS mentioned on Marvel's website).  He has a PVP scheduled already, which means he'll be a 4*.

I assume they were.....encouraged...to cross-promote WotRealms about now, as the series conclusion is on sale tomorrow, June 26.  It certainly could be a good off-season event to run in the future.

Running Bags to Riches next week in the middle of all the Spider-bration makes perfect sense to me.  And I am beyond glad its an off season event, as all you get is Bagman covers.

Also.....off season PVP is now routinely filled with character-specific events.  The "usual" off season events are basically an exception at this point.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Drat. I somehow misremembered Honor Among Thieves as a 3-day event this time and finished the first sub in 24 hours.  Since I don't enjoy PVP, I guess I get a break from earning Iso.     :)
    Ugh I do this ALL the time, spacing on 2-day subs. It is so very aggravating! Truly, my sisters, brothers, and non-binary siblings, this is a first-world problem. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Well it doesn't help that sometimes it's 3 days and sometimes 4 
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby do you know if we will be getting a legendary store with Spider-Man Back in Black as one of the featured 5* characters?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not sure if this was mentioned already, but the 2/3/4 loaner node in Honor Among Thieves with Black Cat, Spiderman and Storm is one of the best synergistic teams for that node in recent memory.  Three stuns (albeit with two on blue), solid offense on blue, green and yellow with some AP theft and defense tiles thrown in.  It may not be the best 2/3/4 team out there, but it’s worlds better than most in PVE...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I’m not sure if this was mentioned already, but the 2/3/4 loaner node in Honor Among Thieves with Black Cat, Spiderman and Storm is one of the best synergistic teams for that node in recent memory.  Three stuns (albeit with two on blue), solid offense on blue, green and yellow with some AP theft and defense tiles thrown in.  It may not be the best 2/3/4 team out there, but it’s worlds better than most in PVE...

The only problem is that if the attack or protect tiles are hidden away in a corner, you'd better hope that you can get 12 green for Storm's Lightning Strike and that it happens to hit that tile.  Otherwise, synergy or not, your team is going down under the inevitable assault of the Eye