Characters with unmatching powers and colors

Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
As far as I can tell, the "rule" with character powers and damage strengths is that they do their best damage matching the colors of their powers. 2-power characters do best damage with the same color of their powers and a third color (which might be what a third power would be colored, if they ever get one). 3-power characters do best damage with the three power colors.

Example:
Black Widow (Modern) - blue and purple powers - strong in blue, purple, and yellow
Iron Man (Model 35) - red, yellow, and blue powers - strong in red, yellow, and blue

There are, as far as I can tell, only two exceptions:

Magneto (Classic) - blue, red, and purple powers - strong in blue, red, and yellow.
Black Widow (Grey Suit) - green, red, and purple powers - strong in purple, blue, and black

Is this an error? It can't be coincidence that all but two characters have their powers and damage affinities matched.

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    As far as I can tell, the "rule" with character powers and damage strengths is that they do their best damage matching the colors of their powers. 2-power characters do best damage with the same color of their powers and a third color (which might be what a third power would be colored, if they ever get one). 3-power characters do best damage with the three power colors.

Example:
    Black Widow (Modern) - blue and purple powers - strong in blue, purple, and yellow
    Iron Man (Model 35) - red, yellow, and blue powers - strong in red, yellow, and blue

There are, as far as I can tell, only two exceptions:

Magneto (Classic) - blue, red, and purple powers - strong in blue, red, and yellow.
    Black Widow (Grey Suit) - green, red, and purple powers - strong in purple, blue, and black

Is this an error? It can't be coincidence that all but two characters have their powers and damage affinities matched.

For widow I assume its so she can hide in the back like a good little spy while a high hp Thor or Rags gather ap to fuel her skills. Magneto...I think they added his purple ability post release. He was originally one of those two ability guys with a random third damage color. Not sure why they chose to alter it, but it hasn't really effected me anyway
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't buy it. 1 character out of 27 has wildly unmatched colors and you assume it's a deliberate feature? (The Magneto explanation is pretty obvious, but still looks like an error.)

IceIX, any chance of an official reply here?
  • Like I said in the other forum, GS Widow's strong suits may have come from a previous build. It matches up perfectly with Widow original and has the two colors that Widow modern has abilities in. Maybe they all came from one build and they decided to keep it that way. Maybe they'll change it. Maybe we'll see more characters like this. It could be a cool way to make two characters that often team up together complement each other.
  • Intentional or not, I think it's an interesting dynamic that more characters could use.
  • I wonder if the green is his strong tile. imagine using purple deceptive skill :changing 6-7 tiles to green which deal damage and criticals. that's crazy. i realize this in 3s tournament.