Hixus prison warden

Options
Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
Creatures do not ENABLE after the support is destroyed.
This is happens to the ai if i cast it
Also to me me if the ai casts it.....

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have to explicitly destroy it. If you exile it, the effect will remain until another Hixus is played and you destroy it. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow.....that is garbage.. .persistent support that if you EXILE still remains in play and is no longer targetable.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can get around it if you either kill your own creatures or replace them (put in a fourth different creature when you already have three on the board).  If it's a "new" creature, it doesn't enter the battlefield disabled.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it was designed at a time where you could not exile supports, so it wasn't seen as an issue.

Oktagon has shown extreme reluctance to change anything Hibernium designed (which makes sense since everything they do end up changing breaks horribly), so they aren't redesigning Hixus and just leaving him as is.

It definitely should trigger on leaving the battlefield instead of when destroyed, though.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But it's still not intended I think. 

It's/was the same for other critical support like the Lich mastery.

It's always hard to get rid of a support that's not exists anymore. 

But it is just one small piece of the bug cake, that lies on the board. 
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are also cards that enable your creatures.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah horribly broken, but the pile of fixes needed before they get to hixus is probably why it is still broken.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stalker said:
    Yeah horribly broken, but the pile of fixes needed before they get to hixus is probably why it is still broken.
    Ehh... In their defense, the card quite literally does what it says. This is saying something, because the "Puzzle" in MTGPQ is usually trying to figure out what the card actually does in comparison to what it says it should do.