Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reaching Captain Marvel's 5-star node in Infinite Pursuit.  GED at LVL 515 with a yellow and black feeder?  Who doesn't love taking 38,362 damage every three or four turns?

The correct answer, of course, is the no-longer maxed Whale Points 3-star Deadpool.  God Emperor Doom was buried in Whales, and my +2 Purple and +2 All AP boosts are no longer maxed out either.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing PVP Sim and running into a Bishop, 3* Deadpool, Okoye team. 
    Normally I hate fighting Bishop, but with 3* Deadpool it should be an easy fight, and the points were juicy enough to get over my Bishop-fatigue. 
    First hit, Bishop does his thing, blasting me with his passive red and gaining blue for an inevitable stun. 
    Deadpool makes an Enforcer tile... Wait, what? Since when does 3* Deadpool... Oh, tinykitty, it's 4* (red suit) Pirate Pool! 
    Fight dragged on way longer than expected, Okoye-boosted Enforcer tiles blasting away Chavez, dragging everything on even longer.
    Did take the win, but by the skin of my teeth, with only JJ surviving. 
    Bringing Rogue and her damage negation was my saving grace. 
    Note to self: Pirate Pool is not 3* Deadpool. Already knew this, but didn't register when I saw the red suit. 
    Yeah, that PiratePool costume definitely messes with the quick recognition. Even in the Pool Party PvP, where it was required to be 4Pool, I was making that mistake.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Normally I hate fighting Bishop, but with 3* Deadpool it should be an easy fight, and the points were juicy enough to get over my Bishop-fatigue. 
    First hit, Bishop does his thing, blasting me with his passive red and gaining blue for an inevitable stun. 
    Deadpool makes an Enforcer tile... Wait, what? Since when does 3* Deadpool... Oh, tinykitty, it's 4* (red suit) Pirate Pool! 
    Fight dragged on way longer than expected, Okoye-boosted Enforcer tiles blasting away Chavez, dragging everything on even longer.
    Note to self: Pirate Pool is not 3* Deadpool. Already knew this, but didn't register when I saw the red suit. 
    Yeah, that PiratePool costume definitely messes with the quick recognition. Even in the Pool Party PvP, where it was required to be 4Pool, I was making that mistake.
    That's why I like it, seems like a deliberate trap by someone at D3 mwahaha.
    Pre-emptive edit: I know full well I'll be eating those words when I make the same mistake.
  • sambrookjm
    edited June 2019
    Black Cat PvP, where almost everyone is bringing Thanos.  My first turn against a Thanos/Daredevil team, I match three purple.  The AI then gets one of *those* cascades (including three match-5) and takes out a nearly fully healed Dr Strange.  For adding insult to injury, their final match is their team's Black Cat trap, taking away two of my purple AP.  Their AP once my Okoye became unstunned:

5 Yellow
    3 Red
    6 Blue
    5 Green
    4 Purple (12 total because Thanos also case Infinite Power...because why not??)
    16 Black
    10 Team-up.

And the final insult?  Their team-up is Storm's Lightning Strike, which destroys 9 tiles and gets them even more AP.  My lone bright side is that they can't cast it right away because Infinite Power is on the board.

I take it back - the final, final insult is that I lost three retaliation matches while I was getting pummeled.
  • TPF Alexis
    Jormagund said:
    That's why I like it, seems like a deliberate trap by someone at D3 mwahaha.
    Pre-emptive edit: I know full well I'll be eating those words when I make the same mistake.
    Oh, yeah, I can absolutely appreciate it. I can see it resulting in a significant number of posts in this thread tho ;)
  • sambrookjm
    Finishing at #51 in Infinite Pursuit...missing a black cover by 200 points.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appear to have joined SCL9 for HAT without taking much notice, that might explain why the final wave node killed me quite badly on the second attempt and why the 5E killed my 2 cover Hela and the 4E killed my 1 cover Black Cat. Great.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Opened tokens today with the goal of champing 4/3/4 Hela at the very least, but also hopefully 4/3/5 Ronin and 3/3/5 Sabretooth. 

117 pulls, 15 5* (no BH), 102 4*s (3 BH). 

Hela champed +1, Rescue 3/3/5 with 3 saved covers from 0/2/3, 5torm 1/1/2 from 0/0/1. 

Ronin still stuck at 4/3/5. Pulled 3 covers, all purple. 😡🤬😡

Sabretooth 4/3/5 with two saved covers (1 green, two red, all were BH 😡🤬😡)

I should have recorded how many pulls were in between my first and second 5* covers. Probably close to 50, if not more. I started with 64 LTs, and only pulled 3 or 4 5*s before switching to CP.

So while the rate definitely picked up on the back end, it was atrocious for a good bit. 

Overall, I'm less mad at the below average pull rates and more frustrated with the distribution. I should have been able to champ Ronin, Sabretooth, and Rescue had the covers fallen better. Not to mention my Rescue will be at least 453, which is already more champ levels than I wanted on her. Wish some of those had been 5torm covers instead. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    (Late post that I just realized I never "posted").

In the past week or so I've spent 500+ CP on Classic tokens trying to finish Sabretooth, to no avail. No Sabretooth covers, and not a single 4* BH (Sabretooth, of course). With almost every 4* a Champion, those covers slowly added more LTs to my hoard, but I was sitting on them until Storm entered today.

After 35+ Latest pulls I had 3 Storm covers, and a bonus Thanos, putting him at 3/4/5, but out of 80+ Classic and Latest pulls, combined, I have not got a single Sabretooth cover. Not from regular pulls, and no bonus 4* covers.

In a ridiculous defiance (or homage?) to RNG, from the 30+ Latest tokens I pulled this morning, 4-5 were Prowler covers, so he's now level 297, while Sabretooth sits stagnating at 5/3/3. I know I'll finish him next time he's the 4E, but dang it! I want to finish him now!

edit - a word.
    2nd edit - Corrected my blatant, misspelling of Sabretooth's name.
  • DAZ0273
    I forgot how much I hate the Mindless Ones. SCL9 Mindless Ones especially are meanies. They are intent on bloody Eyebeaming my teams to death. I suppose it isn't really their fault, they are mindless after all but geez, they really need another hobby that doesn't just involve "shoot laser beams".  It is a slog just to get the Black Cat cover. Why did I not pay attention when selecting the level?!?!?
  • sambrookjm
    edited June 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    I forgot how much I hate the Mindless Ones. SCL9 Mindless Ones especially are meanies. They are intent on bloody Eyebeaming my teams to death. I suppose it isn't really their fault, they are mindless after all but geez, they really need another hobby that doesn't just involve "shoot laser beams".  It is a slog just to get the Black Cat cover. Why did I not pay attention when selecting the level?!?!?
    This is one of the times Agent Venom really shines.  The nodes with three of the Shield producing Mindless ones?  Suddenly, those 800+ protect tiles are down to one each.  If your Okoye is high enough, she tanks black and yellow for him, so he'll just sit back and act like a big giant attack tile.

Edit - And by "Agent Venom," of course I mean "Eddie Brock Venom."
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    This is one of the times Agent Venom really shines.  The nodes with three of the Shield producing Mindless ones?  Suddenly, those 800+ protect tiles are down to one each.  If your Okoye is high enough, she tanks black and yellow for him, so he'll just sit back and act like a big giant attack tile.
    Wrong Venom. Eddie Brock is the one who debuffs enemy Protects.
  • sambrookjm
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wrong Venom. Eddie Brock is the one who debuffs enemy Protects.
    Yep.  What she said.

I was using the right one in game, but typed the wrong Venom.  In my defense, I am an idiot sometimes.  :)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Surely you mean Venom - Eddie Brock? Agent Venom does not reduce protects. But good catch! Regarding Rhonin covers, there surely seems to be a steady supply of purple ones  :/
  • DAZ0273
    I resolved it by just giving up like a truly heroic MPQ player after I got Cat's cover! Instead I went into the garden and set fire to some wood that needed burning and pretending they were horrible laser beam spamming space gits.

I could have used Venom I guess but poor old Eddie has been sitting aroung waiting to be champed for over a year at Lvl 147, he is particularly annoyed at present as I even champed Nick Fury over him just recently who had been on the bench a similar length of time. Sorry Eddie but also not Sorry Eddie.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:

Regarding Rhonin covers, there surely seems to be a steady supply of purple ones  :/
    You said it, man. My 4/3/10 Ronin definitely agrees. I had a green and a purple cover in my Black Cat vault. I actually managed to pull one of them. Three guesses which one it was, and the first two don't count. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having finished progression in Thick as Thieves, mostly using my 10 cover Cap (First Avenger) - at 4/5/1 - I thought, "He is pretty fun to use, not meta, but still kind of neat.  What if I could finish him with the HfH?".  

Head over to the tab and see that it's a yellow cover, which would still leave me with the need to get my Peggy duped and to 320 (currently mine is 345).  Or get lucky with a couple of pulls.

But the worst moment was realizing that if I wanted to buy a blue cover, I'll need to wait TWO YEARS.  (Well, 49 weeks to red, then a bit over a year to blue.)  And that he'll only be boosted once a year or less moving forwards anyway.

(Nevermind that I've been using my CP up and don't have enough.)

I dunno...the character rotation schedule is killing me more and more lately.
  • sambrookjm
    bluewolf said:

I dunno...the character rotation schedule is killing me more and more lately.
    I just got my 12th cover for Daredevil, who is now sitting at 5/5/2.  I have no idea how long it will take for HfH to get to his Purple cover, so I feel your pain.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    At least now my 5/2/5 daredevil is feeling a bit better about how long he will need to wait. 
  • TPF Alexis
    I've been really tired all weekend, enough so that I forgot which slice I was playing in PvE, and just flat out missed the third sub of TaT. This is going to be the first time I miss full Progression since I can't even remember when.