Extra Swaps?

Options
DrPanda
DrPanda Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
Can someone explain why the AI gained 2 extra swaps? Ive experienced this a few times now where the AI gains 2 extra swaps for no apparent reason. This is the first time I've remembered to screen capture the battle log and can rewrite it here. 

For context, I'm playing Ravnica At War - Devastation, Blue/Red Node Against a Teferi Hero Of Dominaria
It is Turn 2 (AI's First turn)

Beginning Of Turn
AI drew a card
W+7 Loyalty +6
Devastation was triggered
W+12 B+7 B+1 R+4 Loyalty +10
Senate Guildmage was cast by AI
AI gained an Extra Swap x 2

Did the rule for gaining extra swaps change? or am I missing something else?

Thanks for any clarification that anyone can offer

Comments

• Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Did you check the Battle Log after the match? 
    That'll usually tell what happened.
  • DrPanda
    Options
    Yes I did and the passage is typed up in the first message. Thanks 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed a 2x swap a couple matches ago as well. I assumed it was a stitch in time
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    DrPanda said:
    Yes I did and the passage is typed up in the first message. Thanks 
    Lol..sorry..should have seen that was the battle log. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With 16 loyalty he might have activated his second skill (15) that gives him an extra swap + cards drawn
  • DrPanda
    Options
    @DumasAG - No Stitch in Time was cast and also not in log
    @Bil - I didn't notice AI using the skill but also not in log

But I guess both of those might be a possibility and I just didn't notice and log is not complete? 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DrPanda said:

But I guess both of those might be a possibility and I just didn't notice and log is not complete? 
    I truly couldn't tell ... ^^
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not just the AI. I noticed myself getting Extra Swap x2 several times during the RaW event. I don't own Stitch in Time.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll take a stab at it...

Permanent supports and extra swaps seems to have changed.  I'm fairly certain that now if you match a permanent support and then cascade into a 5 gem match you get the extra swap.  So based on the mana gains, perhaps Greg matched 5 twice with the permanent between the matches and they can both count now? 
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Options
    DrPanda said:
    Can someone explain why the AI gained 2 extra swaps? Ive experienced this a few times now where the AI gains 2 extra swaps for no apparent reason. This is the first time I've remembered to screen capture the battle log and can rewrite it here. 

For context, I'm playing Ravnica At War - Devastation, Blue/Red Node Against a Teferi Hero Of Dominaria
    It is Turn 2 (AI's First turn)

Beginning Of Turn
    AI drew a card
    W+7 Loyalty +6
    W+12 B+7 B+1 R+4 Loyalty +10
    AI gained an Extra Swap x 2

Did the rule for gaining extra swaps change? or am I missing something else?

Thanks for any clarification that anyone can offer
    Could be a bug.

W+7 Loyalty +6

That's a landfall white for 7 mana  and 1 loyalty  which cascaded into 5 loyalty (that's a loyalty match 5 for an extra swap).

Shouldn't the log say AI gained a swap here?

W+12 Bl +7 Bk +1 R +4 Loyalty +10

Two whites, 1 blue, 1 black and 1 red matches = 5 loyalty, so there must have been another cascade for a match 5 loyalty to get a total of 10 and another extra swap.

AI should gain just 1 more swap, not 2, unless there's something missing that the log isn't telling us.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have noticed this a couple of times and I think I figured it out, it seems like cascading into multiple match fives gives an extra swap for each now, at least that is what my observations seem to suggest. I might be wrong though
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here, I've cascaded a single match-5 swap into another lucky match-5 a few times now since the last release, netting 2 extra swaps.
    The only time this isn't the case, so far as I can tell, is when a cascaded match-5 happens to match one of those special invincible support gems.
    Not complaining though.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    We've had some discussions on our Discord and came to the same conclusion that they apparently updated how Extra Swaps are handled and will award more in very specific scenarios. I've seen it, myself, but it doesn't happen often.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @brigby - can we get an official clarification on this, e.g. will additional match5 result in extra turns? secondly, is this a feature or a bug?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If there was something like release notes where you could publish all changes we could know the answer..
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've encountered double extra turns rarely too, since the last couple of updates.  A possible trigger I haven't yet been able to rule out is when two distinct match-5s occur in the same match (i.e. either within the same player-made match or the same match step in a cascade, as opposed to e.g. two sequential match steps within the same cascade).
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This weekend I had two instances of a straight line match-5 cascading into an L-shaped match 5 of a different color.  Verified both in the Battle Log.  One happened to me, one happened to Greg.  The both only resulted in one extra swap. (As far as I can remember, neither involved a permanent support.)
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I gained 2 extra swaps from matching gems today.  I believe the sequence was match 3 (loyalty), cascading into match 5 (green), cascading into match 7 (blue) in an inverted U shape.  As well as a second extra swap, the match 7 also seems to have given 1 extra mana.
    The log shows the infinite support was hit on one of these matches (I think the green match).