Kill Objective Needs to Go

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Dear Powers that Be,

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please get rid of the ridiculous "kill X objective". 

Because yes, even when you make every node require creatures to fulfill the objectives, there will still be people that will run creatureless decks.

I mean, aren't we past this yet? You have so many wonderful, challenging objectives to choose from.  

ALTERNATELY, make it so that we can kill our own creatures to count the objective. Because it's a bit silly that I can Murder my own creatures and everyone just looks the other way. I mean, I know Bolas corrupted the Senate and all, but come on. 

Thanks.

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    You could actually damage your own creatures and it would could towards the deal 12 damage to creatures objective...
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    A million times this. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    You could actually damage your own creatures and it would could towards the deal 12 damage to creatures objective...

That depends on how you damaged your creatures. I lost the Enraged objective once (deal 12 or more damage to a creature), because I faced a creatureless Ral and my Boris' ult (20 damage) and his flipped first (deal 10 damage) did NOT count towards the object. Beacon Bolt, Exquisite Firecraft, etc. DO count, but I didn't have those cards in my deck.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I liked it in this context, personally.  There was no creature-less nodes to worry about here.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    James13 said:
    I liked it in this context, personally.  There was no creature-less nodes to worry about here.

As alluded to in the original post, we had reports from multiple people who faced creatureless decks (and lost points) despite there being no creatureless nodes.  Node obejctives != deck composition.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:
    James13 said:

As alluded to in the original post, we had reports from multiple people who faced creatureless decks (and lost points) despite there being no creatureless nodes.  Node obejctives != deck composition.
    I’m going to agree with this. The majority of the decks I faced were not event optimized. I attribute this to 1. People not having the cards yet for Partner and 2. No one wants to play these objectives. 
  • Tengu316
    Tengu316 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    As much as it's thematically pleasing for this Grixis player to want to count my own creatures as point-fodder... I'm with Starfall: please just get rid of the objective. I skip it because the fun value is minimal right now.