Should I cash in all of my saved covers to champ my 5/5/1 Bishop?

Options
mega ghost
mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
My Bishop is at 5/5/1 with 13 saved covers as I just cannot pull his yellow. He's been my sole favorited 4* since his release so those saved covers represent all of my bonus pulls in that time period. What should I do?

Should I cash in all of my saved covers to champ my 5/5/1 Bishop? 21 votes

Be patient and hold onto the saved covers, luck will eventually be on your side.
76%
killercoolDeNappaMalcrofKGBDyingLegendgrenadierFriarbundyhelix72ScofieKingart813spidyjedi84VengeancetupacboyAcemontieroTherealsmkspyIIAlonditeII 16 votes
Be patient and hold onto the saved covers a little longer, his yellow is coming up in the rewards cycle.
4%
Scuba193 1 vote
Cash them in and champ him! He's more useful now and 10 more levels won't make a difference.
9%
rdvargas1MoonKnight 2 votes
Cash them in and champ him! There's a new 4* you should be chasing and it is:
9%
DAZ0273jp1 2 votes

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Be patient and hold onto the saved covers, luck will eventually be on your side.
    Pure 4* player here, and while Bishop is handy on defense in general (I usually skip him) and on offense for taking down fast high damage teams (I'm looking at you, Gritty), he is a health pack eater on offense and I can't say I use him a whole lot (yes, I have him champed). Keep him as your bonus hero, and if I were you and had the HP,  I'd also seriously consider going hard after a vault when he shows up. Right now my Taco Vault has a yellow Bishop and I have 417 taco tokens...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Champ him and get after Sabretooth.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As above. This season's Shield Sim was the first I had him champed and I have never had so many defensive wins, I have actually lost count. Get Sabretooth (not Shorty,)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even at a 5/5/1, you can use him in simulator and he'll be a beast on defense. You have your build in his strongest colors for a defensive and stun happy Bishop. Be patient for a week or two more and you'll champ him with 13 r more bonus levels.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Helix is right that if you use him on offense, you're going to burn health packs. He's a martyr who generates a lot of blue before he dies, though, so pair him with someone like Iceman who stuns and hits hard with blue cheaper.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know, for some reason I never even considered that I could still use him unchamped (maxed at lvl 233), I'll give that a shot on simulator and report back.

There's been a stream of newer characters I really want to chase, including Magik, Ronin, Sabretooth, and now Black Cat, and Bishop feels like a bottleneck.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would never trade in covers, just keep going, and put those covers to level up his health
  • TranscendGod
    TranscendGod Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I used an unchamped, mostly covered Bishop for ~1 month after his release before finally champing him. He was something like 4/5/2 for much of that time. He was incredible. I experimented with a variety of teams, but ultimately climbed to ~2k in simulator and put him, deadpool, and peggy on defense. I literally got thousands of defensive victories. It was hilarious and at times so disruptive it was messing up my PvE clears. Over time, most people learned how to attack Bishop properly (or to skip him). He still gives me more defensive wins than any other 4* character, but not nearly as many as that first month.

At this point in time, for a 5* player, an unchamped 5/5/1 Bishop might work well enough to be useful. However, compared to the sea of fully champed Bishop + Gritty, you'll be a tempting target. I recommend being patient with bonus heroes and saving your banked covers because extra levels on Bishop are amazing. Those other 4* characters are fun, but far weaker than Bishop (especially for a 5* player!).