The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• ReadingRambo
    ReadingRambo Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I got lannery storm during the troubles. Alas, No longer.

I had been grinding out IXL mythics for a long time angling for spell swindle, but never got her. Now.....there are no pirates. Pour some rum out for a fallen homie. I would be ultra turbo mega pissed if I had finally opened a long term chase card instead of just something neat. 

Anyone else get something cool and then lose it? 
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    I got Behold the Beyond and Angel of Sanctions, and then I un-got them. Fun times. And it wasn't even from the erroneous currency calculations.

D3 has no idea how to manage this project, and Oktagon has no idea how to code this project. It's just a cash grab now before the bottom falls out.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So they are scaling back crystal distribution for the health of the economy, but they said they’d be giving more jewels, correct? Just curious, because for the new WaR event, I get a total of 5 jewels for progression, 5 if I am in first place, and 80 if my coalition scores in the top 2...

Looking forward to working hard for perfection in order to obtain 90 jewels, aka less than 1/3 of a vanguard pack... (of course, if your coalition isn’t top 50, you’ll only get a max of 20 jewels, but whatever).
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DumasAG - but,but,but everyone is getting jewels so they are giving out more jewels than ever before!

It is all about the math, in RAW they are giving away 7k approx. jewels, (+2-3k with every additional bracket) which is most likely more than any previous event.

Not that it matters to the individual player who only gets what you calculated 5-90 jewels.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    This event feels really grindy...like I have a spare 8 hours every day during the weekend to meet progression.  #part-timeunpaidjob
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    This event feels really grindy...like I have a spare 8 hours every day during the weekend to meet progression.  #part-timeunpaidjob
    I gave up half way through the event after it took almost 30 minutes to finish one match against a deck  that was only playing one creature. So I sat for over 100 turns with 3 assassins and 3 kill spells in my hand while Greg derped his way through hundreds of mana worth of spells just so I could get the points.
  • FindingHeart8
    I gave up half way through the event after it took almost 30 minutes to finish one match against a deck  that was only playing one creature. So I sat for over 100 turns with 3 assassins and 3 kill spells in my hand while Greg derped his way through hundreds of mana worth of spells just so I could get the points.
    I feel ya.  Some of my opponents didnt play creatures at all, making it impossible to complete the node objectives, as it didn't register it killing or damaging your own creatures 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    A lot of writing on the wall yet so many cannot read or understand it all? 
    The event did drag on and was less than fun in some points. 
    I did enjoy the set restrictions to make us rethink strats
    the rewards were only good for the top performers. New players will be.....
    I think my retirement is all but set from these last telling business decisions. 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, that kill X creatures was killer. Played against a creatures Bolas, had to wait for the AI to use second ability and make zombie tokens 4 desperate times, and I counted myself lucky to be playing against a walker that could make tokens...
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Stalker said:
    I think my retirement is all but set from these last telling business decisions. 

Where have you seen any good reward for top performers ...? 
       I ended with perfect score  in platinum, playing my last charge beetween 00:00 and 04:00 on a monday ... and all i had from it is 5 jewels ... And no crystals at all...
      Apart from coalition effort, there's clearly no incentive to play this event over progression ... 
      Progression itself is arguably worth the effort, its much faster to play RT+2 TG, you don't have to underplay because of silly objectives... And the payout is better ...
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Bil said:
    Stalker said:

Where have you seen any good reward for top performers ...? 
       I ended with perfect score  in platinum, playing my last charge beetween 00:00 and 04:00 on a monday ... and all i had from it is 5 jewels ... And no crystals at all...
      Apart from coalition effort, there's clearly no incentive to play this event over progression ... 
      Progression itself is arguably worth the effort, its much faster to play RT+2 TG, you don't have to underplay because of silly objectives... And the payout is better ...
    Ah yeah I now realize that my use of the word “good” inferred a decent reward structure. My intent was to say only the top performers get rewarded with new set card packs. Everyone else gets a pittance for showing up. Margin of error for progression for new players trying to expand their collection is a little harsh. And my first sentence refers to the typical money collecting ramp up most mobile games graduate to.
    tl:dr. Game was fun, it is now time to move on and let my fingers and thumbs heal and let my phone battery live the last of its days in peace.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Well yeah ... I get your point anyway ... My point was that rewards were bad for everyone ... But it's obvious that lower brackets got even less.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    They neutered my favorite dino nooooo
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    Julie71 said:
    They neutered my favorite dino nooooo
    IKR!  I was like, where is my haste!  I mean, why the Dino and not Naru?
  • Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Is anyone else triggered by the fact that Liliana Vess's ear is growing out of her neck in the transition artwork?  Check it out the next time you enter or leave a match.  There is no way she could wear glasses, they would end up on her upper lip. 
  • Tengu316
    Tengu316 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Is anyone else triggered by the fact that Liliana Vess's ear is growing out of her neck in the transition artwork?  Check it out the next time you enter or leave a match.  There is no way she could wear glasses, they would end up on her upper lip. 
    OMG! I didn't notice that and now I can't unsee it! lol
  • FindingHeart8
    First match with "Dont lose 5 or more creatures," objective and of course my opponent has a deck of nothing but kill spells and 1 kill/return saga enchantment.  So much for that objective :/
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    @FindingHeart8 - I had a different problem, on the kill 4 creatures, my opponent played a deck with only one creature: Ball Lightning and Greg only pulled two before running out of life. Had to take him out due to him also playing Beacon Bolts.

BTW - I chose hexproof creatures only, to avoid those pesky kill spells. That have worked well so far.

update - I just lost a match because Greg got 50 mana in turn 1, no hyperbole, 50 mana!! I can’t say it was a bad deck, but it really doesn’t matter when you get 50 mana in turn 1. This is such a bad experience, particularly since only a score of 100% will get you the top prize.

I recognise that this is part of the game, sometimes you are going to loose the coin toss. I just wish D3 would at least attempt to fix this corner case. Most likely a way to make it impossible to get scores of 100%.
  • FindingHeart8
    There are so many cards not functioning as they are worded, and interactions not happening like they should.  I feel like I'm relying more on luck of "gee I wonder how this card really works," than skill