Which Supports should I use for Medusa?

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Like many 4* players, I rock Gritty + Medusa in PVE for maximum speed and cruise control. To maximize speed, I have:

On Grocket: 2* Milano (for the countdown tile)

On Kitty: 3* Chewie (38% chance to add Fist tiles when Kitty makes a match; I'm SO used to this, I often forget it's not an inherent part of Kitty's powers)

That leaves Medusa, for him I have not yet found a "perfect" Support. My options are:

3* Carol's Communucator (45% chance to start battle with Shield tiles, which adds to the tiles on the field for Kitty in case I lose some Swords early)

3* Chimichanga (45% chance to fortify friendly tiles every turn)

3* Element Guns (40% chance to create an Attack Tile if Medusa fires her Hair Meddle)

3* Korg (45% chance to start with 3 Yellow AP to help fire Kitty's Yellow power)

3* Quantum Realm (47% chance to start with 5 Purple AP to help fire Hair Meddle)

3* Taskmaster's Sword (THIS IS CURRENTLY EQUIPPED. I'm told that the 1110 extra damage works on Medusa's countdown tile so it does that much more damage every turn. Is this even true? I can't verify)

So if Taskmaster's Sword really does work on Medusa's CD tile, that seems great, but I'm not sure it does. Should I be using Chimichanga instead? Or something else?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't actually have a Support on Medusa now I think of it. I use Element Guns with Kitty for the chance to Fortify tiles when she makes matches. I need to give Chewie a try there. Unfortunately, both of those require the Supported Character to make the matches themselves, so splitting them between Kitty and Medusa is pointless. I'll have to think about that.
    Taskmaster's Sword is pretty much the same wording as Okoye's black, except that it only applies to the one Character. I know Wakanda Forever works on Entanglement, so the Sword should as well, but I don't actually have it to check.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Taskmaster's Sword works on Thanos passive, so it should work on Medusa as well. Fortify is nice, but it won't always help, depending upon where it procs, and who you're fighting. A guaranteed 1K per turn might be better.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Taskmaster's Sword works on Thanos passive, so it should work on Medusa as well. Fortify is nice, but it won't always help, depending upon where it procs, and who you're fighting. A guaranteed 1K per turn might be better.

Kitty tanks almost everything, so it triggers fairly often. I usually have most of my Specials Fortified pretty quickly. Especially against tile-movers, it really helps.
    The Element Guns can make Attack Tiles, too, but it's less common, because it needs Kitty to fire powers. But it does happen sometimes.