COTT: Hero for Hire vs. Starlord's desire! Luke Cage vs. Gamora

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Sweet Christmas! It's the man with unbreakable skin vs. the deadliest woman in the galaxy. 
My level 283 Cage respecced to 5/3/5 didn't have too much trouble. The respec was irrelevant, as I didn't managed to gather more than 3 red AP the entire fight. Gamora was equally stymied for red - it simply was not dropping. I slapped a level 100 Chewie on Luke, and once I'd generated three attack tiles I used yellow, which took the wind out of her sails. 
My reward was an always-welcome champ level for one of Gamora's buddies, Grockett!

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/4 Cage at level 170.
    Gamora got off a black and a red, and in both cases I was able to match most of the enemy specials and minimize the damage from them, while at the same time, reaping The Defender benefits, and ultimately getting a 2x cast of yellow that whittled her down far enough to finish off with match damage.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    1/0/0 level 70. Go Chewie!

For trying to push this fight at low levels, top priority is deny blue.  Her other abilities are worth denying too if possible, but if she gets blue off and you're stunned you're not going to have the chance to deny anything.

Chewie managed it for me without any damage boosts, which is luckier than usual.
  • boogle915
    boogle915 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Shorted Crash so far for my 274 Cage...5 matches, and it was done...
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    One of my only champed 4* guys...sorry Gamora...are we still friends?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the tip on using Chewie! In the past, this one has been kind of a slog, but with him along spitting out Attack tiles, I was able to get yellow to the point where it ended things pretty quickly.
    Token waiting for Storm.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Luke was my second ever champed 4* and he had obviously been saving up a bunch fiddle faddle accordingly as he went a bit mental and Gamora discovered who had put the sticks up the butts of the town's people. Maybe if she had a Kevin Bacon support attached she might of lasted longer but sadly it was not to be.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    She fired her blue twice, but otherwise it was just a race to red which Luke won.  Match damage did the rest for the fairly uninteresting matchup. 

The LT was Nico, although I didn't make note of the color.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Easy as. My big champed Luke showed her tough love before I was required to think ;)