COTT: Haircut Time - Blade vs. Medusa

Options
TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
Lvl284 5/5/3 Blade. I was trying to match red to start The Biting, as well as to avoid putting out Strikes for Medusa to steal, and green for Tools of the Trade, but it ended up being one of those obnoxious boards where there was enough red to make Strikes, but none of it ever seemed to be matchable. Fortunately, Medusa only ever managed to pick up blue or green, so she didn't get a chance to steal any of my stuff before match damage and the Strikes ground her down.
Token waiting for Storm.

Comments

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    290 5/5/3 Blade struggled for a while with a tidal wave of purple tiles. Slowly was grabbing any Red/Green I could as I got chipped away by her countdown. Thankfully, it never got matched and I finally got the lust to kick in with about 2k health left.

My insanely long string of LT with no 5* was broken with my first Hela cover. Was getting nervous.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade is my second highest 4* at 294, so I didn't expect the fight to be too rough. I tried to let red sit out for a bit so I could generate a few strike tiles. Medusa kept slurping down all of the red, preventing me from getting strikes, so I decided to do the same. A small cascade put me at 11 red, and things went pretty quickly after that - I even managed a green to restore a little health before the final turn.
    My reward was a saved cover for Drax.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lvl 278 Blade cruised his way through this one, filling up on delicious Inhumany bloodshake, he even had time to destroy 4 yellow AP which neither of them could use but, eh, why not?
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No problem for my level 290 Blade. Prioritizing red matches also worked well for me. Medusa has nothing to steal and as soon as bloodlust starts to trigger the battle is over very fast. 
    Nonetheless this was a special COTT for me as I completed a full cycle of COTT-matches. Since Blade ran the last time I was able to beat every COTT. Some of them were very hard - such like level 90 Nova or 127 Taskmaster. But COTT will always be my favourite part of this game because it's very puzzly and of course rewards the best prize of all. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/2/5 level 144.
    Agreed with prioritizing red matches. Getting bloodlust started won this fight, and although Medusa never got the purple, it was comforting to know that it wouldn't have been a disaster if she had.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problem here with a LVL 300 blade.  Once Bloodlust kicked in, it was over pretty quickly.  With the green healing as the killing blow, I think my Blade ended the fight with only about 300 damage.

My son's Blade is 4/0/3 at LVL 168, but after a couple of tries he managed to get the token.  No healing ability here, so it was tough.  The key step was realizing that a LVL 200 Sharon Carter support helps out a lot with match damage: +90 for red and +120 for blue.  It's normally equipped to either Nightcrawler or Jean Grey, as every Purple Match gives about a 38% chance of +2 Purple AP, but the match damage works really well on Crashes.

Both tokens went to the hoards.