Feedback SHIELD training

stepalene
stepalene Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
Hello all , 
- SHIELD TRAINING

I found that this part of game is 
VERY frustrating ...

.. even if you hardly have one or two characters in your deck  , you must have the right level To play...  :s

So, is there a way to improve this ?

Thanks you all 
(Sorry for my english 8-)

Comments

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I think it could provide a group of 4x 4* possibilities and we pick our fav 3 to take into shield event. These characters would be locked in once we begin the event but we would get to look at the event's enemies first.

Would make it more possible for more of us ;)
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Another idea is the GAME could randomly select from our 4* guys (if u only have 3 it picks them). This would make it very EXCITING and no one's game would play the same.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is sort of the point of Shield Training though - it's meant to reward high level play with deep rosters. It kind of falls apart when newish release 4*s are one of the required characters though.
  • stepalene
    Hello, thanks all for the replies and posts, <3
    it s a good idea To pick in our deck, or with more usual characters 
  • stepalene
    Same sh.t  today, no play possible  :#
  • stepalene
    Someone,  no one of developpers think that it s really hard To participate for this event? Or no one card?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi stepalene - I don't know where your roster is at but what ThaRoadWarrior says above is true - SHIELD Training is aimed at/meant for higher level players and more specifically those WHO SPEND.

Like you, I often don't have the characters (missed a Ronin cover due to lack of Magik) - with the last run needing Magik we were told this was an "oversight" by the Developers. They do sometimes change who is needed but you may have to prepare to be frustrated as they don't give these covers away too easily I'm afraid so unless you can compete in PvE to obtain as many new release covers as possible you will sadly struggle.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    I made a point to get my entire 4* roster to 10 covers using bonus heroes and whatever progression covers I could get to Shield Training-proof my roster up through Bishop. I would just bring them to 209 as demanded by ST, and then between releases I'd champ one of the 209s that I liked. It took a little while, but once I got there, It was very do-able to stay up on current releases getting to 10 covers, but I wasn't able to do anything else more interesting than that with my Bonus Hero.

At a certain point, I found  myself with a single non-meta 5* champ, which blew up my PVP MMR, and so I was scrambling to figure out how to get a second (better) 5* to pair up. I've had my BH on Chavez ever since chasing JJ, i need just 48 more to go... So I've been missing out on the "new" characters in ST since Namor, and I've decided I have to just be fine with that. I mean roster building is the game, and it isn't fast, so you need to figure out what you want to be ready for when it happens. You're going to miss out on something at some point.

It may be worth noting I'm totally F2P and spend as I go. I generally come out of a new release with a 1/1/2 when I can do the shield training, and if i get lucky in the & Friends vault I'll get a 5th cover. I did particularly well on Magik at 1/2/2, and particularly poorly on Talos at 1/1/0 since I was traveling at the time. 
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I have 74 champed 4 stars, and 7 champed 5 stars, and I have been playing for a long time (Day 1585). This is a fairly good roster. The Shield training is unbelievably frustrating for me, too. I almost never have the recent 4 star at a high enough level. For this most recent one, my Ronin only has three covers. This feature only rewards the super whales who have enough resources to buy every 4 star cover they need. PLEASE STOP REQUIRING SUCH RECENT 4 STARS IN SHIELD TRAINING!!!!!! A LOT of people have complained about this, and yet you have done nothing about it. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Hi stepalene - I don't know where your roster is at but what ThaRoadWarrior says above is true - SHIELD Training is aimed at/meant for higher level players and more specifically those WHO SPEND.
    Yet they don't have the required 4*s for Shield Training in the Heroes For Hire store...

/I'd love to spend to get Ronin, but they don't let me.
    //sitting on 2.5mil ISO, 26,000HP, 350CP and nothing to spend it on