Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now Doom/OML/Loki is hilariously fun, i know OML is essential boosted, but with the support, loki almost always gets enough AP for his purple at the start, so instant power fire + oml strikes + cascades, leaving match 4's for the AI to trigger mischeif, and doom black to end things.. matches are going very quickly, with some the AI never getting a turn
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why this car team is automatic (Thanks Storm!)
    It's systematic (No idea but you need to get Charged tiles before firing Thoress red?)
    It's hydromatic (Uhm, something to with Lockjaw's drool?)
    Why it's greased lightnin'!

Or...it is a dog teamed up with a weather controlling mutant and a Thunder Goddess to create lots of charged tiles...I never said it was good, I just wanted to use that name...
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Boosted JJ and Valkyrie in PvE is a whole heap of fun. It doesn’t matter who the third is. You just target the person who has the black countdown on and go to town. If you trigger the countdown you get red, if you trigger a trap you get red and then you hit them again. It’s not subtle but it is fun. 
  • DAZ0273
    My favourite fun combination was actually another players team today in Something Wiccan. The old Medusa/Carnage team is a lot of fun, all those special tiles! I even let Medusa steal all of the ones Carnage had given my team. Then I used Chain Lightning! Hee hee! Sometimes the old ones ain't the best! 😋
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    That Kitty-Valk-Thing team was interesting to play. To get Thing to trigger, the one at the front has to be lower health, so you need to match black to put Valkyrie at the front, take enough damage, then Thing jumps, giving you protects, then Valk's passive triggers and you get strikes as well.  It worked pretty well, though I have a faint suspicion that Bishop would work just as well (with Valk's bounty hunter giving the protects you desire). Though in both cases, all the specials are on yellow, which is a disadvantage.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had no idea that the passive damage from Daredevil purple could be boosted by Okoye’s black. So... those two (especially if you can put a stunner in the middle. Yeah...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    That Kitty-Valk-Thing team was interesting to play. To get Thing to trigger, the one at the front has to be lower health, so you need to match black to put Valkyrie at the front, take enough damage, then Thing jumps, giving you protects, then Valk's passive triggers and you get strikes as well.  It worked pretty well, though I have a faint suspicion that Bishop would work just as well (with Valk's bounty hunter giving the protects you desire). Though in both cases, all the specials are on yellow, which is a disadvantage.
    I forgot about Valkyrie's passive, where she generates the strike tiles if someone else takes a lot of damage.  Usually I take her out first, so nobody else takes damage before she does.  I figured that I could handle the shield tiles getting buffed, since either Strange's Eye of Agomotto would take them out eventually and Thor's Red ignores enemy protect tiles.  The strike tiles were a surprise.  When they showed up, it was one of those "Oh, tinykitty" moments.

If my Kitty were higher than 2/2/2, I'd give that team a try myself!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rescue is surprisingly useful with Grokitty. 6 red AP and she takes out a 30 k goon. I have only one red cover for her but that works!
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    For Sim fun, I ran Dazzler with Coulson and 5Hawkeye.   I also ran Namor with Shuri and BP4 .  Of course I didn't pit them against meta teams but they were fun.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I found that the essential team of 2* Thor, 3* Falcon and Ronin had quite good synergy together. Matching red creates attack tiles, and generates red for thor. Thor then uses that red to create yellow, which falcon uses to buff the attack tiles further. Thor can also use the yellow to generate green for either himself or ronin to use.

It certainly isn't a team that will be a game changer or anything, but it did make the yellow node enjoyable for once.
  • DAZ0273
    Sometimes the boost list throws teams together nicely. As it just so happens that 4BP is boosted and so is 3* Falcon there is a whole lotta shields goin' on! So why not throw in Wasp and bugger about switching them back and forth all match? Either way it is damage dealing from strikes or BP is working up a kinetic fury  (and of course you might take a breather from switching to let Panther use yellow and create yet more special tiles!) - If Wasp isn't boosting stuff enough then BP's red can add some more!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I enjoyed running 5/5/3 Valk and 5/3/5 Strange with 5/3/5 Falcon in the SCL9 3e node of the Infinite Pursuit PvE, adding a support to make Falcon’s strongest color Purple. Target the bounty, fire purple every other turn, match yellow to strengthen the strikes, blue to charge up Strange’s stun, and red to charge Valk’s attack. It’s fun watching CD’s go off and do -1, -2...
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    qandols said:
    Rescue is surprisingly useful with Grokitty. 6 red AP and she takes out a 30 k goon. I have only one red cover for her but that works!
    That cheap red power with Gritty was a real monster in the 5E node. At some point she was healing my team but I didn't even know why lol. Maybe some use for Rescue after all.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found a couple of fun ones in Scrapper 142. It was nice to run something different from Grockitty for once. Unfortunately, they're probably not too great outside of that event, but still.
    I did most of my early matches with Jessica Jones and America Chavez. Put Jones on house left so she places her Trap before Chavez drops her crit. I generally didn't pay attention to the Bounty until Valkyrie was down, because I didn't want to create enemy Strikes, but after she was out of the way, it was typically pretty quick to get to the point where I could drop a Defenestrate immediately followed by Dragonfang Fury for a frankly ridiculous amount of damage.
    Later on, when I started seeing almost exclusively other Grockitty teams, I switched to Kitty plus Medusa. Between Medusa and Valkyrie, the team is putting down two Special Tiles per Turn minimum, so they can stay ahead of the opposing Circuit Breaker indefinitely. It also generally ends up tossing out Strike and Attack tiles more or less constantly, plus the Bounty feeds yellow for Protect tiles as well, very quickly hitting the point where Phase and Conquer is going and the enemy Circuit Breaker is completely overwhelmed. Medusa's heal also helps keep things afloat until the enemy Strikes are cleared out, and her purple can often fill up early enough to snag a couple of them.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the current run of Infinite Pursuit, I’ve really been enjoying the boosted team of 4* Panther (mine is 5/3/5 Lv270), Ronin (mine is 4/4/3 Lv229...after an unreasonable expenditure of CP) and 3* Sam (mine is 5/5/3, Lv266).

It plays simply: match red and yellow for the passives to flood the board with attack tiles which Falcon can boost.  Panther’s yellow adds more tiles to the fray while his red and Ronin’s green (boosted it’s dealing 3700 damage to all characters it hits) are the finishers.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    AndiTi said:
    For a lark, I decided to pair C5rol with Vulture and Valkyrie (yes, I continue to look for excuses to use my champed C5rol).

Actually really great synergy if you take the time to keep Valkyrie's target in front. This combination has C5rol making all the matches, which with her match damage usually triggers Valkyrie immediately, two turns max. This generates a TON of red AP to use, getting multiple Mean Right Hooks out quickly. Carol in front means Valkyrie drops more strikes whenever the enemy gives a big hit.

Meanwhile, it's amazing how nice it is to have the flexibility to use black OR yellow to get Vulture in the air. Vulture of course generates more green for C5rol to use, and green is really effective between her and Valkyrie's strikes. Vulture has the ability to trigger Valkyrie's countdown going up (with blue) or coming down (if you use Got Your Six to send him in the air).

If you have Shuri's Lab at a high enough level, put it on C5rol. Since she makes all the matches, it triggers quite a bit, fortifying her repeaters and making them much more survivable. I found it to be pretty fast through the last 4 nodes of Ticket to Knowhere.
    Adapted this team for 5 star nodes where C5rol is required and swapped out Valkyrie for America Chavez, as chasing who Valk is targeting doesn't always eradicate the board threats as quick as possible for me. Terrific synergy there as well. Can't make enough black but got a yellow heavy board? C5rol's Got Your Six. As long as Vulture is airborne, he's constantly generating AP in black, blue, green and red. If you watch that yourAP in enough colors are above the enemy, America's dropping crits every turn paired with her damage and trap tiles to give them a potential Ticket to the Multiverse. When you're sitting on a surplus of red, drop a Mean Right Hook. Dealer's choice on whether you want Photonic Rush or One Fell Swoop to use that green. And everytime he goes airborne, Vulture's blue is cleaning up that board. Especially devastating team against non tile movers.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    In an effort to make my 5/5/0 carol work, I used her with 3* storm and domino, which almost worked well. You lay down a hailstorm, and then fire off photon rush. Usually you can wipe out 6-7 rows. One time I got lucky and wiped the whole board. Domino then fills it with black tiles to then repeat.

the only problem was that the green ap gen wasn’t enough
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’ve been running CM5 with domino in this PvE. The fun comes from domino - I really enjoy the unpredictability inherent in her character design - CM5 brings big match damage to the table. Aside from the GED + feeder node (pretty painful) it worked like a charm. Gather green, red, yellow. Fire green and red. Profit.