Additional Server Maintenance *Updated (6/20/19)

Comments

• ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    its back and.... well it was too good to be true, might as well just quit the game
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I had about 100k runes which I used to level up planeswalkers. The levels were reverted and the runes are missing.
    A number of legacy boosters which gave me a several new rares are gone. 
    Also 7k orbs which I used to pull 2 mythics, one of which was startled awake. That is gone as welll. 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing they rolled back the database, which seems to be the sensible thing to do with a bug like this.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    At last I have my login issue back. Tons of goodies are gone and went back to lvl. 109

But hey at least I have the card I purchased before. 
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    You will get the rewards again on a future date. You’ll notice that the player level system was reverted too.

Sorry if you made any lucky pulls, but it was the only thing they could do to avoid certain players being awarded 200000+ Jewels and 200 million Runes.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Unable to connect ... Again ... and about to loose any chance to clear the events engaged today ... 

Oh and ... I just had the time to notice that i lost the weekly VIP rewards i had received earlier today in the rollback process ... 

A productive day indeed ... 

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I quit vip today. Maybe I go back sometime. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still can't login.  But I hear they did a full rollback.

Good.  That was the only solution.  Its a bad solution, but the only tolerable one.

Now, what QC tester is getting fired over this?  If Oktagon was any company other than a gaming studio they would probably go out of business (or come close) from a mistake this huge.  How do you miss something so big?
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    starfall said:
    Can anyone play a game? Or achieve anything? Nothing is working for me.
    I played a match of oath of the gatewatch but it looks like connectivity issues are still around 
    Sorry if you made any lucky pulls, but it was the only thing they could do to avoid certain players being awarded 200000+ Jewels and 200 million Runes.
    I’m not necessarily faulting their damage control. At face value awarding that much in game currency to players  would probably devalue the economy. Still the level system/rewards fix seems rushed and leaves a bad impression. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    How do you miss [once again] something so big ?

• ifsandbuts
    ifsandbuts Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Wow, glad I am just locked out completely via some sort of Facebook comm issue.

I would be ripkitty if I pulled SA and then lost it.
  • Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    *slow clap for the death of beautiful game
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Sooooo, any idea when we get to play again? I was really hoping to actually play today.
  • Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    No money shall be spent in this game. No point in throwing money into a sinking ship. They dont deserve the right to exploit mtg any longer imo.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @OmegaLolrus - 😂😂😂 I see you are using your spare time working on your standup material. Keep it up!
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:
    @OmegaLolrus - 😂😂😂 I see you are using your spare time working on your standup material. Keep it up!
    Always test new material on the road.

Tip your waitresses, try the fish 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    well ionly got 27 million runes, 27k jewels but no extra gold gems mean i get to keep mine i pulled? lol

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    honestly i would be happy if i could keep the runes only, save a butt load of grinding

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    What kind of planeswalker would require 194 million runes to level?

suggestions are welcome