How to counter kitty/grocket/bishop in 5* land?

2»

Comments

• tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    0_efx_0 said:
    tph_james said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    Kraven/Kitty/Grocket
    Still can be stun locked by bishop pretty early  
    Oh try! BSSM/Kraven/Vulture
    Still off season, can't try in Shield sim 
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald said:

With Thorkoye I can get Gritty's strikes down below the threshold by turn 3 about half the time - once you destroy enough strikes Gritty just spins their wheels ineffectively.  The other half of the time it sucks, I'm afraid, and when you can't get it below the threshold at all (which is pretty rare, I'll admit,) you can't win unless you can take Kitty down quickly.  Fighting Gritty is risky, but you can usually win just by taking out as many strikes as possible - that's your priority.

Bishop changes that equation, I'm sure, by absorbing the tile destruction and converting it to blue.  He might die too quickly to use it, though, I'll try it out next time I see it in SIM and let you know how it goes.

Yeah.. Kitty/grocket is not a problem to deal with..  Bishop is   
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Try
    BSSM
    vulture
    loki
    and seed win 3 black.

match black
    vulture goes up and starts generating blue and green
    BSSM is not impacted by strikes
    match the strikes and more black
    stun and BSSM goes invisible... 
    loki takes all the hits, but if he dies, just match the trap and revive him,

use loki’s purple for damage if needed.
    Otherwise, just keep flying and stunning.

it is not quick, but is effective... 

ok ok on defense, it’s weakness is AOE attacks.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    tph_james said:
    Moderator probably enjoys playing with this combo at the moment . .the less people know, the better .   :pensive:
    Didn't really make sense to move this post while the other post which is also discussing kitty/grocket counter tactic still floating high in general discussion board.
    Because that thread was started by MKC Hammer.

U can't touch this.
  • Jadams78
    Jadams78 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Borstock said:
    The skip button beats this team for me every time. 
    That strategy seems to be failing when every matchup to choose from is Kitty/Grocket.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those in 4* land with over 20 champed 4*, I see a lot of DPXF, Peggy and Bishop, rather than Gritty and Bishop. 

I'm over 1800 points in Season.

Are you seeing the same thing? 
    I suppose this is the counter team to Gritty and Bishop. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Get a bigger Kitty yourself ;) worked for me
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    For those in 4* land with over 20 champed 4*, I see a lot of DPXF, Peggy and Bishop, rather than Gritty and Bishop. 

I'm over 1800 points in Season.

Are you seeing the same thing? 
    I suppose this is the counter team to Gritty and Bishop. 
    Yes, I've used this exact same team for the past 2 seasons once I hit 1800 (and face endless Gritty or Grockmordusa teams). It works wonders too esp if you boost 1 blue so that after absorbing 2 hits you have enough Blue for Peggy to stun 2 enemies.

It also works great on defense because in the final 2 days of the season (when I did my climb) I got at least 10 defensive wins so you can leave it floating (hence why you see so many of those teams).

KGB