**** Black Cat (Master Thief) ****

Comments

• Geogeo999
    Geogeo999 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Her stun looks better than iceman’s and gamora’s. The stun is longer, deals damage, and you still get the stun if she’s thrown airborne by someone else. Put her with 5* Carol or gwenpool for lols
    Good point on the airborne synergy. Colossus would do it too. Anyone else send teammates airborne? Who sends enemies airborne? Riri right? Anyone else? For the record though Iceman does have a 4 turn stun. It's great to have a cheap non-blue stun in any case.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iceman stuns on blue, so nothing prevents you using both...
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Nova sends people airborne as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Her stun looks better than iceman’s and gamora’s. The stun is longer, deals damage, and you still get the stun if she’s thrown airborne by someone else. Put her with 5* Carol or gwenpool for lols
    It's definitely not better overall than those two stuns, as it costs more AP and cannot, under an circumstances, ever create a stunlock on multiple opponents in a single turn.

That said, it is a very good power.  And it's nice that it can be proc'd by other powers (gwenpool, Colossus, 5marvel, etc). so  But that is more of a neat trick than a strategy. I can see some fun teams like Gwen + 5marvel + black cat that are just designed to keep sending black cat airborne as often as possible (that team could do it with any of 3 colors).  But you can't ever stun more than one opponent a turn, and the offensive output is pretty limited, so things will be slow going. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Nova sends people airborne as well.
    Enemies only with Nova, I think they were trying to list allies who could.

Black Cat sounds fun. 
    Wondering if you have a black match containing two traps if you get the damage twice, and the AP steal 2 separate times.
    Also, does the steal always target a non-zero color pool? Sounds like it wouldn't 'miss', by randomly choosing an AP pool that happened to be empty. 

She will take just a bit planning so that you get the most out of her green damage. Since you always want to play green on a stunned enemy, you would want to avoid downing them with it, which would be wasting the turn-value of the stun. 

Gwenpool has terrible color overlap, but bringing along a Gwenpool TU will be great. It would add strong protect tiles on the board while sending your whole team airborne. Black Cat will get the 4 turn stun when landing. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Cat sounds very fun but I think I am at the point where I'm starting to wonder where to go with MPQ. I like Ronin, I love Sabretooth and BC looks very promising but with dilution I wont be getting them champed any time soon I don't think. I've chosen Sabretooth to BH and if I can get him to 209 will have to hope that the SHIELD Training character for when he is needed is one worth pursuing as I am stuck in 4* land for the forseeable future.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5/3/5
    Sending her airborne with 5* CM and that stun could be pretty effective with someone like 4* Star Lord reducing AP costs (goon nodes PvE), Vulture generating AP, 5* Doom or 5*Thor to gather yellow.  

• Vhailorx
    Warbringa said:
    Sending her airborne with 5* CM and that stun could be pretty effective with someone like 4* Star Lord reducing AP costs (goon nodes PvE), Vulture generating AP, 5* Doom or 5*Thor to gather yellow.  

Sure.  But now you are playing 5*marvel/BC/4*SL.

I think regular-old grocket + Medusa + gamora will eat that team for lunch.

I suspect that switch + BC + a green battery (e.g. im40) will be a good 'punch-above-its-weight' team for 3*/4* transition teams. 

But unlike sabretooth, I am not sure that BC will see much action for true 5* players.  And that's fine, not every 4* can or should be relevant to 5* play.  I just want to put BC in context.  She looks good, but "good" in a tier of 90+ just isn't that compelling.  And to me she doesn't quite look good enough to redefine the 4* meta.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    She looks fun, and very characterful. Probably effective enough to be good for someone who gets her as a relatively early 4* champ, but yeah, as mentioned, not terribly useful for well-established 4* players or above unless they're looking to just fool around for a while in a lower PvE SCL or something.
    Also, I like that she's got all the floofy fur on her costume. Kinda want to run her alongside Kraven just for the profusion of snazzy fur trim.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    SAbertooth in the middle, and that team might be halfway functional lol
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    In 4* land, both Mordo and Domino create more black tiles to help match BC's traps.
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2019
    As long as we all agree that the functional "half" is sabretooth and the good powers from bc's kit. . .
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    As long as we all agree that the functional "half" is sabretooth and the good powers from bc's kit. . .
    To be fair to him, kravens purple would also be quite useful alongside all the strikes that sabretooth will be dealing with. He wont be a complete spare part in the team, but youd probably forget he’s there due to his passive nature
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    On her black:

When you match one of these tiles, Black Cat deals 541 damage and steals up to 2 AP in a random color.”

Please clarify “up to 2 AP” - does this mean that she could steal either 1 AP or 2 AP?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on how many ap the opponent has. If the random colour ap that will be stolen is yellow and opponent has only 1 yellow, she will steal only one.

This brings me to another question. Will she steal colour that the opponent has zero colour in? I remember that some characters' random colour steal will not target colour that opponent has zero ap in. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    On her black:

”When you match one of these tiles, Black Cat deals 541 damage and steals up to 2 AP in a random color.”

Please clarify “up to 2 AP” - does this mean that she could steal either 1 AP or 2 AP?
    Could be 0.  The color is random, so it chooses the color and steals what is in the pool from 0-2 depending on how much is there.  2+, you get 2.  Can’t steal what the AI doesn’t have. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5/3/5
    She looks pretty pretty good, almost on par with Iceman. Her stun is fricking amazing and her green is super cheap, one of the best damage/AP ratio for a single char nuke.
    Vhailorx said:
    It's definitely not better overall than those two stuns, as it costs more AP and cannot, under an circumstances, ever create a stunlock on multiple opponents in a single turn.

I think you are forgetting that Ice stun can also not be multicast (well, you need to punch first, so for casting it twice you need 18AP), so he can't also stunlock a team in one turn (well technically he can, but he would need 30AP to do it). So she has almost the same effect than Ice for way less AP. And because her stun is 4 turns she can potentially stunlock the other team after 3 turns (even though 21AP is a bit too much).

We really need a power to get your team mates back from being airbone :P

PS: This is another release that almost looks like it is more like a 5 than a 4. SB and her are pretty pretty strong and with adjusted damages they would be amazing 5s. She could have been great with Carol, and she is in desperate need of someone making her at least usable, giving her some kind of combo or something.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    CNash said:
    On her black:

”When you match one of these tiles, Black Cat deals 541 damage and steals up to 2 AP in a random color.”

Could be 0.  The color is random, so it chooses the color and steals what is in the pool from 0-2 depending on how much is there.  2+, you get 2.  Can’t steal what the AI doesn’t have. 
    So in other words she is the new She Hulk...I look forward to the AI stealing all my AP in the upcoming PvP whilst my loaner laughs at me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    She looks pretty pretty good, almost on par with Iceman. Her stun is fricking amazing and her green is super cheap, one of the best damage/AP ratio for a single char nuke.
    Vhailorx said:

I think you are forgetting that Ice stun can also not be multicast (well, you need to punch first, so for casting it twice you need 18AP), so he can't also stunlock a team in one turn (well technically he can, but he would need 30AP to do it). So she has almost the same effect than Ice for way less AP. And because her stun is 4 turns she can potentially stunlock the other team after 3 turns (even though 21AP is a bit too much).

We really need a power to get your team mates back from being airbone :P

PS: This is another release that almost looks like it is more like a 5 than a 4. SB and her are pretty pretty strong and with adjusted damages they would be amazing 5s. She could have been great with Carol, and she is in desperate need of someone making her at least usable, giving her some kind of combo or something.
    I'd still rather have a single target stun that is a bit hard to pull off against multiple targets combined with really good AOE dmg...but she is interesting.

Note that her health is 80% of Namor's (as a recent example).  Going Airborne helps protect her from dmg while delaying the stun....double edged sword, I'd say.  No traps will be placed for that turn either.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they tried to convert her into a 5....would the AP costs go up a lot?  They are edging lately back towards some cheaper powers in desperation for people to pay attention.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    bluewolf said:
    CNash said:
    On her black:

I believe 3*/5* Starlord's purple functions that way.