All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I am curious about the 2750 HP price for the Shuri covers.  Is it a good deal in acknowledgement of dilution making even a few covers of a good character worth less?  Testing the market to see what happens?  I can't imagine the 3600 HfH gets many takers at this point given the extremely long cycle to get all the 4's through (over a year now) and the fairly high likelihood you'd bonus someone and get the cover you want vs needing to wait for the cover offer to cycle around.
    I just looked at my pull-tracking spreadsheet, and spending the 2750hp on 3 shuri covers saved me a month of my life grinding for bonus heroes since I've gotten 3 BH 4*s (for Chavez at the moment) in the last 34 days out of Latest.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Noooo! That DD costume looks so cool! But I blew my hoard chasing kitty and Storm. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! 😢😢
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Noooo! That DD costume looks so cool! But I blew my hoard chasing kitty and Storm. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! 😢😢
    300 CP for a cover and costume.... Only if I can pick the color.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    300CP for a costume is straight bonkers.

Asking people to use the most precious resource the game has (and which I'm told you can't purchase) to acquire a costume is a bit mean-spirited. I hope that costume is offered another way at some point, but I suspect it won't be.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    300 CP for a costume and a 5* DD cover. I'm getting it. My 4/4/4 Daredevil doesn't even care which color it is.

If you would consider a purchasing a 250 CP HfH offer for a 5* DD cover then this costume is 'free' if you would also spend the extra 50 CP in the Classic or Latest stores. The reason it's free is because all the pulls are pre-determined so all you are doing is perpetually delaying your opening of 2 tokens in that store. If you would have spent the 50 CP in a special store then yeah, the costume cost you 2 pulls.

I'll also be getting the 4* Rocket cover in PvP too.

Keep em coming. I love that many players aren't going to get Daredevil. Just makes mine feel that much more exclusive!

KGB
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I love this DD costume, Mine is 0/0/1 and I don’t care, I definitely burn my CP for this one!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jeesh make up your mind on how we should earn these costumes! Progression, placement, Coins, Money, free, CP......

Pick one for crying out loud! 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they'd put this out when Latest was Doom/Kingpin/Danvers, I almost certainly would have grabbed it. I might still, especially if I can get a purple cover from it, but Hela and Storm are way more of a draw to me than that previous trio was, and while another 12 pulls isn't a huge deal when it comes to chasing 5*, it's certainly not negligible, either.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:

Asking people to use the most precious resource the game has (and which I'm told you can't purchase) to acquire a costume is a bit mean-spirited. I hope that costume is offered another way at some point, but I suspect it won't be.
    It's really not, as a H4H the cover alone would probably cost that, i find it more than reasonable, especially with the bonuses. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    70k iso is like what one champed 2*?
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    What? I got 12 days to get 300 CP? Challenge accepted!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    purplemur said:
    Whitewashing is a term look it up- there is no reverse racism in the term. just stop. I am NOT talking about changing the color of her clothes. to insinuate that above @ waddles is an unnecessary and pointedly weak gotcha.
    It describes a situation in which the skin tone of non-white people – when depicted in magazine covers, advertisements, commercials, music videos, etc. – is, digitally retouched or physically modified to appear whiter. ... Whitewashing has been seen for centuries in the media, through film, photography, advertising, etc.

It may be subjective- I used the PITR test (people in the room) and some did say they couldn't be sure but mostly people on first look noticed.

Really, though. ya'll rushed to shout it down so fast......wonder why? those players took a defensive stance against  are rushing to cry fake news about it. Or attacking me for bringing it up. 
    it reflects yourselves - rather poorly

racist depictions in video games is real. whitewashing comic book heroes has a history to it. This forum shushing down any discussion of race or gender issues continues.....

Yes it is a term. That does not exclude it from potentially being racist. Imagine if people said Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury was black washing the character. I also dont feel reverse racism is a thing. Racism is simply racism to me. 

Aside from that though, the costume looks the same to me on skintone. So dont just come on the forum saying the art team is racist and disgraceful for a slight shading change on a costume. And insinuating that anyone that doesn't agree with you is shouting you down because they must be racist too is absurd.

Racism in any form is bad and should not be tolerated. On that we agree. I just honestly feel that racism is nowhere to be seen on shuris new costume.

Edit. Sorry malcrof. Did not see your post before writing this. Will stay on topic here on out.

@malcrof or any other mod ,can this comment please get moved over to the discussion on racism and diversity.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    70k iso is like what one champed 2*?
    Or enough ISO to max DD after applying the cover.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It's 74,530 iso (inclusive of the champ tax) to champ a 2* from lvl 15
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    300 CP for a costume and a 5* DD cover. I'm getting it. My 4/4/4 Daredevil doesn't even care which color it is.

If you would consider a purchasing a 250 CP HfH offer for a 5* DD cover then this costume is 'free' if you would also spend the extra 50 CP in the Classic or Latest stores. The reason it's free is because all the pulls are pre-determined so all you are doing is perpetually delaying your opening of 2 tokens in that store. If you would have spent the 50 CP in a special store then yeah, the costume cost you 2 pulls.

I'll also be getting the 4* Rocket cover in PvP too.

Keep em coming. I love that many players aren't going to get Daredevil. Just makes mine feel that much more exclusive!

KGB

That makes absolutely zero sense.  Its 50 cp for 20k iso and a costume.  

The problem is that HFH is generally a bad value unless you're chasing a specific character/cover.  With the increased frequency of special stores it's better to wait for the character to appear there.

The other problem is that iso is worthless to a decent chunk of the veteran population and buying iso directly was always a poor value.  If it was 300 cp for cover costume and hp there could be some justification.  

I dropped 3,350 cp for 14 DD covers in Rescue's store and got a ton of 4* levels in the process.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    Did anyone ever confirm the cover is colorless, or your choice? Because that is almost certainly worth 50cp
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine shows up as yellow.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    jackstar0 said:

As others have said, I think it's 50cp for a costume and 20k iso.  The other 250 cp is the same as any other 5* DD hfh cover.

It's a decent deal by mpq standards (which doesn't say much given how aggressively monetized mpq is).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Rocket and Groot look pretty smart in their matching uniforms.