Two Rogue bugs

Lycurgus
Lycurgus Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
Noticed two (arguably) bugs with Rogue recently. Not sure they're technically "bugs," in that I'm pretty sure the code is doing what its intended to do. But the resulting behavior is not what I would have expected. 

1. This one happens with some regularity when Rogue and 3* Hulk are in play. If 3* Hulk is in front, and the enemy makes a match in Red/Yellow/Green that would cause enough damage to trigger Hulk's black Anger passive, Rogue moves to the front to take the hit, but Hulk still gets an Anger countdown tile. Even though he doesn't wind up taking any damage. I think this is because the way the game actually accounts for this is by dealing damage to the character in front, healing that damage entirely, and then dealing Rogue her normal (reduced) damage as per Leading the Charge. But the effect is that Hulk gets an Anger tile even though he doesn't take damage. That seems wrong.

2. This one happens whenever Rogue's Power Siphon is in passive mode. When Rogue gets 14 AP in the appropriate color, she deals a bunch of damage to the enemy, taking a smaller amount of damage herself. Except that if the damage to the enemy downs the last enemy, Rogue doesn't take any damage. I think this has to do with the fact that passives aren't supposed to trigger after the last enemy is downed. Similar behavior occurs when characters are supposed to heal themselves, i.e., you don't get passive healing after the last enemy is downed. But in this instance, Rogue basically gets a free Power Siphon hit, eliminating the only downside to that power. 

Anybody else noticed these?

Comments

• qvette
    qvette Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    I havent noticed the first one, but she definitely doesn't take any damage when she's downing the last enemy.  I love using Rogue so I actually like this, but fair is fair and ideally she should be taking damage.

the thing I noticed once in recent Hulk PVP is when you have two Rogues against each other, and let's say both are Gloves Off on Green.

So the enemy makes a Green match.  To me, since I am blocking that color, I expect them to gain no Green AP.  But I would see them gaining Green.  And my guess is that its blocking the Green AP from the match, but since the enemy is also Gloves Off, she gets double AP and she is gaining three from that.

I haven't tested this because the match was so frustrating to me, that I am just avoiding any team that also includes Rogue.  Since her and Carol are a big part of my strategy for this PVP.

maybe this is truly the way it's supposed to work, since technically that extra green isn't coming from a match.  It was just surprising to me, I suppose.

• ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2019
    When Rogue uses Power Siphon, downing an enemy still causes no damage. Similar to qvette, no complaint here, just if we want to be honest about things, it's not happening.
    I haven't tried the other bug, but I DID find another one.

When Rogue activates her Leading the Charge power, and leaps to the front, her damage is not reduced by any Protect tiles on the board. She was still taking 63 damage from a matched 3xRed from Cyclops (reduced from her LtC -25% debuff), rather than the 1 she would have, normally, with my ridiculous over-1000 Protect value (Power Man / Nico Minoru is crazy). Not a huge deal, but could be worth something, after a while.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    qvette said:
    [..]
    the thing I noticed once in recent Hulk PVP is when you have two Rogues against each other, and let's say both are Gloves Off on Green.

So the enemy makes a Green match.  To me, since I am blocking that color, I expect them to gain no Green AP.  But I would see them gaining Green.  And my guess is that its blocking the Green AP from the match, but since the enemy is also Gloves Off, she gets double AP and she is gaining three from that.
    You're correct. Power Siphon only prevents AP gain from matches. AP can still be gained by match-4/5 and by powers. So if she has her own Power Siphon out on green, the bonus AP will still be awarded because technically they're not generated by the match.