Galactus Hungers - Event Details (6/5/19)

Options
2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Boss events used to run twice in quick succession when they were introduced and we thought they wouldn't be run ever again, before eventually they decided to make them semi-regular events.

It took a few months (or even more than a year?) before we got the 3rd run of Ultron event and 3rd run of subsequent boss events.

Boss Rush was not successful and the concept was borrowed to make Sinister 6. I would be surprised if the concept of Places of Power and Sinister 600 are completely scrapped. If anything, the cost of making those events would be too expensive for them to be run only once.
    Well the cost of S600 would have been offset to a degree by Spider-ham and the costumes for Goblin and Ock. Probably.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of Galactus Hungers.

If you wish to discuss other events, such as Sinister 600 or Boss Rush, then please add your thoughts to an already existing thread of that topic or create a new one. Thank you!
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shouldn't the boss node unlock when the round flips? Our alliance just flipped rounds but my boss node is still locked.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    Shouldn't the boss node unlock when the round flips? Our alliance just flipped rounds but my boss node is still locked.
    It should, yes.  If you merced out that won't happen.  Resetting helps.

It's interesting that this boss started out as the "you're supposed to lose" event and people can now beat him with a team of IM40, OBW, and Hawkguy.

There are obviously harder bosses, but Galactus is pretty easy at this point.  That said, I foolishly took in a full health Thor and didn't play a round well (just not paying attention), and wiped.

Now I'm all done....got 4's from my 3 tokens and leaving the store alone.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today's fun fact is that when Galactus manages to put one of his Cosmic Tiles inside a fortified tile, he'll get the AP for it and destroy the fortification on one turn, and then get the AP for it again next turn.  That caught me off guard when he changed of one of Hulkbuster's shield tiles that was fortified thanks to a Support he's got attached...

• Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    A good Kitty trivializes this event.  Wipes out half his countdown tiles, fills the board with friendly attack tiles, and tanks pretty effectively.  Throw in any other decently covered 5* and you can brute force the whole event with no strategy and only minimal attention.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tarelgeth said:
    A good Kitty trivializes this event.  Wipes out half his countdown tiles, fills the board with friendly attack tiles, and tanks pretty effectively.  Throw in any other decently covered 5* and you can brute force the whole event with no strategy and only minimal attention.
    For those who have that good a kitty :) not me
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tarelgeth said:
    I just used thor and okoye and if I could be bothered swapped out the middle essential from the nodes to Chavez. I did the whole event without him ever having a countdown get to zero.

Im not going to ask for a challenge in these events or roster scaling or CL for a challenge because it’s pretty clear now it wouldn’t be wasted breath. So I just enjoy the added free time and easiest covers I can get.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tarelgeth said:
    How was yours generating Attack tiles? My Kitty downed him before taking damage every single time.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tarelgeth said:
    How was yours generating Attack tiles? My Kitty downed him before taking damage every single time.
    Yup.  Ran Gritty/Medusa.  Galactus never survived turn three and never once had a CD tile resolve through the entire event.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Because my Kitty is only 0/5/2 level 360, and I don't have a Rocket at all.  I said good, not great.  I had to resort to using Hela and God Doom to fill out my team.

I mean, they did the job, but some damage was involved and throwing a dozen Attacks on the board certainly helped.  It still didn't take work to beat.

So yeah.  Having an even better Kitty and a better synergizing set of backup dancers would of course be better.  But all it really took for the event to be easy was a somewhat good Kitty.