COTT: Paint it Black - Punisher (War Zone) vs Captain Marvel

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
As the title suggests, this Crash is all about the black. Punisher needs it but doing so costs him an energy blast to the face, however the consequences for letting Carol have her way with the board are dire indeed.

It took my Punisher 4 attempts and he is champed @ Lvl 280. Although his green is heavily diluted in a solo crash I set it to 5 anyway because chasing green AP doesn't get you blasted, I used boosts and AP boosts and every time it came down to needing a favourable board because Carol can self accelerate and Pun can't. In the end I *finally* got a break, got blue, got black though it hurt and despatched of her fairly easily. However without that favourable board you can't really stop her.

This Crash also showcases how well designed Carol is and how she thrives one on one. She is underpowered and yet easily keeps pace with Punisher.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    288 5/5/3 Punisher got it first try.

Forgot to switch him to 5/3/5 but it didn't matter in the end. Carol got enough Black to fire her power but I just matched it away next turn. Saved up enough ap to fire all his powers in order (Blue->Green->Black) and Carol was dead. Super easy.

LT was a champ level for Main Event Hulk.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of the few that have taken more than one try for me in quite some time. On the first try, there was just too much black and yellow for my 5/3/5 Lvl282 Punisher to get anything going before getting Photonic Barraged into the hospital. Second try, I took some AP boosts, and there was more blue and green around, so I was able to build up to the big finish. Also more match-4s that let me grab some black without triggering Energy Manipulation as often.
    Also, is it normal for his black to be stuck as Punish when there are no allies to start? This would have been way easier with Army of One instead.
    Token waiting for Storm.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of the few that have taken more than one try for me in quite some time. On the first try, there was just too much black and yellow for my 5/3/5 Lvl282 Punisher to get anything going before getting Photonic Barraged into the hospital. Second try, I took some AP boosts, and there was more blue and green around, so I was able to build up to the big finish. Also more match-4s that let me grab some black without triggering Energy Manipulation as often.
    Also, is it normal for his black to be stuck as Punish when there are no allies to start? This would have been way easier with Army of One instead.
    Token waiting for Storm.
    It does start as Army of One?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Token waiting for Storm.
    It does start as Army of One?
    Not for me. It was Punish the whole time, both attempts.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try: Level 188 4/5/4 Big Pun: I managed to get her down to about 2600 health before getting barraged into the ground.
    Second try: Level 209 4/5/4 Big Pun: I equipped my level 100 Chewie and a few boosts. The board was blue heavy, so I managed to get out several strike tiles. Along with the Chewie tiles, I was dealing about a thousand damage a turn, so Carol didn't last long. I never did get to cast black. 
    My reward was a champion level for 4Wasp, yay! 
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I finally got to see the Captain Marvel movie this morning!

It makes more sense to me now how I can let my Chewie do all the work and carry an under-leveled character to victory.

1/1/1 level 74 Punisher.  Desperately avoid letting any black matches happen.  It's actually a bit tricky to try to deny a color without matching it yourself, but I didn't dare.  Make as many matches as I can, hope Chewie procs often enough to get the strike tiles out, and pray.

It still took a lucky board and a full set of +damage boosts.

Token got me an America.  Woot!  I needed that one.
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Took my 209 punisher with ap black green boosts and ap total plus 2.  An early green match 5 gave me the early jump I needed.  Her energy manipulation wasn't fun.   Should've equipped the wasp gauntlets to change his strongest color to blue and made this an even easier fight.  Token was a saved cover for Nick Fury
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luckily I remembered that they knobble Captain Marvel's green for this, so I it was best off chasing black and eating the small amount of damage it does.  I didn't play particularly strategically and just chased my own AP and scraped by with a small amount of health left.