Punisher Maxx "bug"(?) in his Crash event [Solved]

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
Punish's description says "If all allies are stunned or downed, this power becomes Army of One."
Given that Cap has no allies in this Crash event, shouldn't Punish should default to Army of One?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Not a bug.  Her allies aren't stunned or downed.  They're nonexistent, but that's not the same.
  • JSP869
    That is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct, and that is why I phrased this as a "bug"(?) and didn't just outright call it a bug.

In the legal world there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, and in this respect, I believe the spirit of the power is that Punish should be Army of One if Frank is on his own, regardless of whether his allies are non-existent, or stunned or downed.

However, I expect effecting this for a Crash event that occurs maybe once to twice a year, at most, would require a significant change to the game's program/code.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering about this, too.

I would note, tho, that it's based on Punisher's allies, not his target's. That's why his green stuns the rest of his team.
  • JSP869
    His black takes advantage of his own allies being stunned or downed.
    His green takes advantage of his opponent's allies being downed.
    As @mbaren noted, neither the Punisher nor his opponent in this Crash have allies, and so the Punisher's black and green powers only work in their first incarnation; they do not flip to their more powerful version.
    Admittedly that would make this Crash even easier, especially for those of us with Champion Punishers, but it would also mean those with lesser-covered Punishers might have a fighting chance of winning it.