MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2019 Edition *Updated (6/24/19)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    Anyone noticed they're giving two 3* star covers in progression rewards for pvp now?
    The second cover is for lower CL, they give put a 3* at 900 instead of a 4*
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    Anyone noticed they're giving two 3* star covers in progression rewards for pvp now?
    Um, what are you seeing?  Everything looks the same to me.
  • bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    I think he's talking about the progression rewards list in the first post. And as CT1888 said, the list on the post mentions 2 covers because lower SCLs have a 3* cover for the 900 pts reward.
    Oh, yeah. Nothing new there.

Not that it isn’t high time for some reward revamps....
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Cosmic Chaos - 4 Day Duration (6/9/19) *New Update* Featured Characters: 5-Star: Wolverine (Old Man Logan) 4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) 3-Star: Doctor Doom (Classic) 2-Star: Hawkeye (Modern) Please, Please, Please tell me there will be a red OML in HfH. It is one cover that has eluded me for over two years. I will happily drop 250cp to get it.
    HfH should make you very happy....
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thalfen said:
    Cosmic Chaos - 4 Day Duration (6/9/19) *New Update* Featured Characters: 5-Star: Wolverine (Old Man Logan) 4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) 3-Star: Doctor Doom (Classic) 2-Star: Hawkeye (Modern) Please, Please, Please tell me there will be a red OML in HfH. It is one cover that has eluded me for over two years. I will happily drop 250cp to get it.
    I dont have enough cp for it myself. My oml is st 5-5-1. My xforce wolvie is at 319. I will finish my old man some day.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Thalfen said:
    I dont have enough cp for it myself. My oml is st 5-5-1. My xforce wolvie is at 319. I will finish my old man some day.
    It's never a bad idea to keep a base of 250 CP for scenarios such as this. Just my two cents. 
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    Thalfen said:
    It's never a bad idea to keep a base of 250 CP for scenarios such as this. Just my two cents. 
    I personally don’t keep my CP for very long as I am still building my roster and that is 10+ covers with possible 5* opportunities. When I get a bit further into my roster build I might consider hoarding CP. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    I personally don’t keep my CP for very long as I am still building my roster and that is 10+ covers with possible 5* opportunities. When I get a bit further into my roster build I might consider hoarding CP. 
    If u mean building 5* variety I feel that is a waste. It's like an aerosol random approach vs pinpoint and wanted 5* covers. I'm a saver, wish I saved early enough though to buy OML.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feliz said:
    If u mean building 5* variety I feel that is a waste. It's like an aerosol random approach vs pinpoint and wanted 5* covers. I'm a saver, wish I saved early enough though to buy OML.
    I like to have at least one cover for every 5. This way I can participate in all essential nodes. Until I had reached that point and covered all my 4s I pulled classics too. It all depends on where your roster is and what your focus is.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    tiomono said:
    Thalfen said:
    But I gotta scratch that itch man. If I see more than 20 cp I go crazy. A resource not being used makes my eyes twitch for some reason. Lol.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    HFH did make me very happy. I dropped that 250 CP and have no regrets. On my way to champing my first set of 5 stars. Okoye, Thor, Kitty, OML, Gambit, Cable, Loki, and Thanos. I just need one more Thanos cover and about 500,000 iso.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(06/13/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Ronin being required in Shield Training is hot garbage.  Everyone involved in the process knows that people have been complaining about the dilution, and the accelerated release schedule.  And now this.  This is entirely unacceptable.
  • winter41
    winter41 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    StevO-J said:
    Yeah, so Ronin is essential for the next Shield Training..? There was a message back when Magik was required that it was an 'oversight' that a character that was only in rewards once before being featured in ST. Any questions on this subject when it happened again when 4* Thanos was essential were pretty much ignored or 'overlooked', but now this makes 3 in a row.

I guess this confirms that the oversight was not having new characters as essentials, but that the oversight was this new set-up was not announced. Communication is hard, right? Makes me a very sad panda...

I know it's just 1 free cover that is getting harder to get and we as players are not entitled to these things, but this is one of those changes that we could have REALLY done without in my opinion. Ugh... I was already kinda expecting this, but still a bummer...  :/
    Agreed, I really don't love the frequency with which newer chars like Ronin are in SHIELD Training.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I already had Ronin at 209, just made it... I’m more annoyed at having to drop 100k ISO into Fisk. Going to do it though, just in case the next 4 is amazing.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    StevO-J said:
    Yeah, so Ronin is essential for the next Shield Training..? There was a message back when Magik was required that it was an 'oversight' that a character that was only in rewards once before being featured in ST. Any questions on this subject when it happened again when 4* Thanos was essential were pretty much ignored or 'overlooked', but now this makes 3 in a row.
    Well, about that...

I expected Sabertooth to be the E4 for this one. When Magik popped up in placement I thought maybe we'd dodged a bullet. But nope.

It seems we had a fairly steady cadence of these things falling on more mature 4s up until the point where the normal rotation was broken for an extra-long string of vintage 4s. Since then, we're stuck on a more, shall we say, aggressive setup.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another bogus shield training...... I think I'm starting to feel the burn now..... 
  • bluewolf
    Seeing Ronin as an ST essential is annoying and frustrating (not as much personally as to the playerbase at large).  But that's also kind of expected at this point....

Question:

Infinite Pursuit - 3 Day Duration (6/20/19) *New Update*

Does anyone remember if any of the 4 subs in the first run were especially annoying or hard?  I'm curious which one might get skipped coming up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4E with Symbiote feeding Venom and Carnage. Irritating enough?  :D