All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, if it happens, I guess I’ll get it or not - just got the Shuri one this morning.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loving the Shuri deal - those covers netted me a black Okoye cover to put her semi usable in future with Sabes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Shuri pack is the kind of deal that would have me marching straight to the store for a Logans Loonies of i didnt have the hp on hand....
    Yeah, I tried to resist for a bit, but they got my dollahs on this one. Burned my HP stock on the Storm Vault earlier. Which was probably part of their goal.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I lucked out last 2 days in DDQ, got the 250 yesterday and after getting Shuri, i hit the 1k today. So if it's still around by the time I get 1800 i may go for the 5torm one, or not.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    $20 bundles are nice. I spend that on coffee some days, it feels a lot let less frivolous than when I purchase the $75 bundles. However, if they made a costume for a 5* that I really wanted to cover and included three covers I’d drop $75 on it in a heartbeat.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I "bought" the deal to encourage more deals like it. The costume is dumb (I actually prefer her original costume). The Shuri champ levels are, of course, welcome.
    It doesn't hurt that I have 24K HP lying around looking for something to do. Besides, I've have crazy luck in the Taco Vaults lately (somehow got two 1000HP + one 250 HP between the last three vaults!!), so it felt like "free money" anyway.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about 5-Star Daredevil (Vigilante) and 4-Star Rocket & Groot (Classic) costumes
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Does the Daredevil costume bundle have a specific color for the cover?  

I like that we are getting a free costume for 4RG....well, from PVP play anyway, which I will easily get.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i love that Daredevil costume...would also really like to know the color since I have a 6/1/1 Daredevil already...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally a 5 cover in a bundle and they lock it behind CP. Oh well...

Actually like that costume too. My DD isn’t close enough to drop 300 cp even if I had it laying around.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    300 CP?

First costume I'm most excited about but... hello, no.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not worth the cp, but I think the DD costume looks really neat. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, hear me out. What if you keep the Daredevil cover, and give us a discount on the bundle? For that matter, keep the ISO too.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I really wish the costume wasn’t gated behind CP and gives a 5* cover plus iso.

Keep it to hero points or cash and I would’ve gotten the deal in a heartbeat.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I doubt many would have enough HP to buy 5* Covers. Using the logic employed here when talking about cost of CP, it will cost at least 714,286HP to purchase this 5* DD bundle.

How it is derived:

7 CP cost 99.99 USD or 20, 000 HP
    1 Classic 5* cover costs 250CP
    250CP = 714,286 HP

I believe that there's a big improvement in how costumes are made available. Unfortunately, 5* costumes aren't rolled out the same way as 3* or 4* costumes. That's why some are still going to be unhappy.  

The only way to make majority happy is make 5* character costume available via progression or cheap HP deals like Shuri's.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

By that same logic, I could say that a 4* cover is worth 120 CP, which could be acquired with 17.14 stark buys which works out to 342,857 HP.  That's a ridiculous number.

I think a slightly better method would be to note that the game lets you train a 5* character for 720 CP in place of using a cover, which is six times the 120 CP it costs to train a 4* character.  The nominal value for a 4* cover seems to be 2500 HP: that's what it used to cost to train a 4* character in place of a cover, and seems a reasonable proportion of your standard H4H deals.

Multiply that by six, and a 5* cover is worth 15,000 HP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    A regular cover for DD5 is 250 cp out of HFH, so this costume is essentially 50cp. If, on top of that, it’s a choose your own color offer, I’d say the 50cp premium is worth it just for that. I don’t have 300cp, but I’m not offended by this price.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on past 5* costumes bundles, costumes are pretty much free, with the exception of Okoye, which was made available in vault.

The extra 50 CP would probably be equal to 70,000 ISO-8.

@jamesh When I did a comparison between Thor's and Green Goblin costume bundles, I calculated that 50 CP is equivalent to 5000HP.

So this bundle would cost at least 30,000 HP instead of 15,000.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, in no world is 70K iso equal to 50 CP.  Not with saved covers, at this point.  (at least, it's not worth it to me)

But that aside, if you were to ask how much you should spend on a single 5* cover, $99.99 would probably seem like a very good deal since spending that much in a buy club only nets you 140 CP and no guarantee.  Throwing in 70K iso, I suppose, somehow makes this 300CP price a little better.   30,000 HP is about equal to $150.00, so I suppose that's in the ballpark of what the devs consider the going rate for a 5* cover.  But I neither want the costume nor cover enough to use 2 weeks of CP gain on this.

I am curious about the 2750 HP price for the Shuri covers.  Is it a good deal in acknowledgement of dilution making even a few covers of a good character worth less?  Testing the market to see what happens?  I can't imagine the 3600 HfH gets many takers at this point given the extremely long cycle to get all the 4's through (over a year now) and the fairly high likelihood you'd bonus someone and get the cover you want vs needing to wait for the cover offer to cycle around.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    @jamesh When I did a comparison between Thor's and Green Goblin costume bundles, I calculated that 50 CP is equivalent to 5000HP.

So this bundle would cost at least 30,000 HP instead of 15,000.
    My assertion was that 15k HP seems like a reasonable value to purchase a developer selected 5* cover based on all other information provided by the game.  The bundle would certainly be worth more, but probably not as much as 30k HP.  It certainly wouldn't be 700k HP.