Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okoye, hafThor, & Sabertooth. Maybe not great on defense, although I have got some D-Wins in Sabertooth's PVP, but they're a ridiculously quick team on offense. I even took down a Gritty+Bishop team in the Simulator. Okoye got blasted by Bishop, but Bishop went down on the AI's second turn, and Kitty & R4G didn't last much longer.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Okoye, hafThor, & Sabertooth. Maybe not great on defense, although I have got some D-Wins in Sabertooth's PVP, but they're a ridiculously quick team on offense. I even took down a Gritty+Bishop team in the Simulator. Okoye got blasted by Bishop, but Bishop went down on the AI's second turn, and Kitty & R4G didn't last much longer.
    That team is stupid good with a champed Okoye. My Thor is only 3/1/3 and I still climbed to 900 within 30 minutes.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tiring of Grokitty I'm having lotsa fun with boosted Gwenpool and Cyclops together with Chavez. Rainbow colors and Chavez kickin' an' screamin' an' chakin'.  :p
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve been using Magik with Shuri and P4anther, and she fits in very nicely, creating red tiles, protects for t’challa and fortifying tiles for shuri. Plus with that many protect tiles, the bad guys struggle to hurt you anyway
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    I’ve been using Magik with Shuri and P4anther, and she fits in very nicely, creating red tiles, protects for t’challa and fortifying tiles for shuri. Plus with that many protect tiles, the bad guys struggle to hurt you anyway
    I was actually playing a similar concept with Magik (mine is only 2/4/1), Kitty (mine is 2/0/0) and X-23 (mine is champed).  The SCL7 symbiots were never really able to keep up with the starting X-Men protect tiles, with Kitty and Magik dropping even more protects and X-23 creating strike tiles and Magik removing enemy tiles.  It’s an amusing team.

....and, full disclosure, I did create this team entirely because they had the (mostly) matching X-Men costumes :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    MrEd95 said:
    I was actually playing a similar concept with Magik (mine is only 2/4/1), Kitty (mine is 2/0/0) and X-23 (mine is champed).  The SCL7 symbiots were never really able to keep up with the starting X-Men protect tiles, with Kitty and Magik dropping even more protects and X-23 creating strike tiles and Magik removing enemy tiles.  It’s an amusing team.

....and, full disclosure, I did create this team entirely because they had the (mostly) matching X-Men costumes :)
    Given that I have all three of them champed, I really might have to give that a try. I haven't done it so much since, but some of my fave 2* teams originally came together because I liked how the costumes looked together :D
  • ZootSax
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Given that I have all three of them champed, I really might have to give that a try. I haven't done it so much since, but some of my fave 2* teams originally came together because I liked how the costumes looked together :D
    Hey, who am I to judge?  I literally have a Lv144 1/3/3 Emma Frost on my roster for the sole purpose of being a 3rd for Stormnedo with complementary color coverage and matching white uniforms ;)

Similarly, 2* Steve, Peggy and Captain Falcon have cleared their share of trivial nodes considering they have absolutely no reason to ever work together in their shown incarnations.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This might be a bit late, but I really enjoyed Kamala Khan event using Kamala Kahn + 4* Hulk + Cable. Wait until you can use Kamala's purple so that you can stun any enemy after Cable's blue. Hulk's green is the main damage, as it also shakes the board and sometimes result in even more green matches. If his blue CD tile activates before Cable's CD tile runs out of time, you can get a last-minute stun that you cannot do it otherwise. 

Once you get the combo going, it's possible to stun-lock the opponent team, especially when they're down to just 2 members. It's really really fun!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had fun with Captain Repeater and Doom in Chavez PVP. Basically figured that Doom’s Black/Yellow siphon and Carol’s Green repeater would help me stay ahead on AP against my opponents and they worked pretty well together with Carol’s massive match damage benefiting from all the crits. 

Also having just champed Strange, I’m looking forwarding to trying him with Daredevil/Bishop when sim rolls back around. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Also having just champed Strange, I’m looking forwarding to trying him with Daredevil/Bishop when sim rolls back around. 
    Surprisingly, not that useful in Sim. Bishop takes too long to trigger his passive because the opponents rarely have high match damage (with a few exceptions at higher level nodes on the last couple of clears)
    I meant season/shield sim not the PVE 
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just tried Cable, Hela, Kitty together. Lots of specials, stuns... it was pretty fun.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took down a few Gritty+Bishop teams in the Simulator with hafThor, Okoye, and a 4/3/3 Sabertooth. Okoye ate a Bishop blast or two, but the result was a foregone conclusion. This team works incredibly well, and will only get better once I finish Sabertooth. No, it's not going to be great on defense, but when it can wreck any team blisteringly fast, do I really need defense? Sorry, Gritty+Bishop, your days are numbered. #notsorry
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thorkoye + 5* Wasp...

I just discovered a cool interaction between Okoye and Wasp. Okoye's black affects Wasp's black, which has a mirror effect of burst healing for the damage inflicted. So with a lot of team-up tiles, wasp can heal herself for like 40k HP with one blast of her black.

Plus she has AP steal on her blue, which is not bad. Just ignore the wasp tiles and treat it like a thorkoye with a black damage power and a blue AP steal.
  • ZootSax
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’ve been playing around with 5* Hawkeye (mine is 2/5/2), 4* Widow (champed w/3 on purple) and 4* Warmachine (3/5/5 or 5/3/5) on the side nodes in Galactus.  It’s a slow team to get started, but once Natasha can fire her yellow Brush Pass the magic really begins.  Warmachine’s green plays well with Clint and before you know it Barton is beating people with a bow.

All hail the Avengers B-Squad!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I recently finished my domino from a BH. I’m really enjoying team board chaos now - domino, XFW and nightcrawler. You’ve got board shake powers across red, green, black and purple. Add in a red 3* mags TU, a meh purple and maybe a 3* Loki purple and let the games begin. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having champed Bishop in off season I had been waiting to try him out in SHIELD Sim and so partnered him with XFDeadpool who I had also been wanting to get some play with having waited so long to get him champed. At first I ran Peggy as a third which was OK but then I brought in 5* Thor for some green and to make use of his yellow to make shields for Bishop and that has been working nicely. I have also had a 100% defensive win rate so far! That will not last of course but it shows that this team is effective even with a full health Thor!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I’ve been playing around with 5* Hawkeye (mine is 2/5/2), 4* Widow (champed w/3 on purple) and 4* Warmachine (3/5/5 or 5/3/5) on the side nodes in Galactus.  It’s a slow team to get started, but once Natasha can fire her yellow Brush Pass the magic really begins.  Warmachine’s green plays well with Clint and before you know it Barton is beating people with a bow.

All hail the Avengers B-Squad!
    I found a similar team with 4* widow, but instead swapping in 3* hawkeye and 3* iron fist. Hawkeye and Fist nicely feed each other with their black and purple respectively. Then, when you fire off brush pass, just like with the 5* version, you very quickly run out of trick arrows. 
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been having some fun with Nico, Dazzler, Ronin. Make red matches let Nico buff the attack tiles fire Dazzler red for strikes to go with those attack tiles then Dazzler green to finish everyone off.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Having just champed GE Doom, I’m playing around with some teams for him. It’s not like a killer team, but Domino/Professor X/Doom is pretty fun when it works. Get the board flooded with black, get Professor x invisible, shuffle the board up a bunch, snap your fingers, use your big head mode, jump left and right shooting tiles off the board. Doom and X making AP in the background...Generally just a fun chaos team with a lot of color options.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having just champed GE Doom, I’m playing around with some teams for him. It’s not like a killer team, but Domino/Professor X/Doom is pretty fun when it works. Get the board flooded with black, get Professor x invisible, shuffle the board up a bunch, snap your fingers, use your big head mode, jump left and right shooting tiles off the board. Doom and X making AP in the background...Generally just a fun chaos team with a lot of color options.
    A definite must try, thanks!