Floating card issue workaround [Investigating]

Dkrone
Dkrone Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
Has anyone else seen an issue where you are moving cards in your hand, and by some combination of movements the card starts to float? As in, it moves to every position you touch and you can’t select anything else. If so, I found a workaround that will keep you from having to kill the game. 

When this happens, turn your phone sideways where your PW is in the top right corner. Then repeatedly tap the top right and bottom left corners quickly. Eventually the PW will receive a hit and put you back in the game. I have an iPhone, I don’t know if this works on Android. It usually takes a few seconds of tapping but I’m always able to get out of that state.

I thought I should post this in case others were having the same problem.

//Edited title - Daiane 

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Dkrone

Can you provide more details about your device and OS, please?

Thank you! 
  • Dkrone
    Dkrone Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Sure. I’m on an iPhone 8s with iOS 11.3.1.

I never know exactly what causes it, but basically I start moving a card in my hand and accidentally tap it like I want to view the card. If this happens during the drag it starts to float. Then the card jumps to any position on the screen that you touch and centers there. The only way I’ve found to get out of it is what I described above. Thanks.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    This happens to me from time to time in Android.
    Fortunately Android users can use the "Back" button (the one that looks like a little triangle) to have the game return to normal.
    I can't say exactly what causes this, might just be my clumsy thumbs trying to tap too many assets at once.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support jeleva will cause a floating card issue if animations are not off.