"Train All" Request (QoL Improvement)

SupremeChefGio
SupremeChefGio Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
Has there ever been talk of an option to train all cards that you and have the game automatically put the covers to their respective heroes and villains? At some points while playing the game, I would have over 30 covers waiting to be trained, but i honestly am getting tired of going through and clicking each individual one just to to go back and repeat the process.

Or if there is a way to train all at one time and i just don't know. can someone please let me know how to do so.

Also, is there going to be a content refresh or a remodel of how to play this game, specifically the time slots that needs to be changed into a different way to do PVE?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took quite a few years to get a greater variety of options on "Sell All", as training is even more complex I suspect this would be quite a major coding issue.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I can't think of a downside to "train all" as an option, but the silly game has problems with the following:  I have a max champed character.  I am building a dupe and pull a cover.  I try to train and the game's first instinct is often to try to rearrange the powers of the max champed dupe.  So I need to manually go to the dupe I'm building and add it there.

You need to manually train each cover.

/\
     THIS
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure the edge case of dupe-training needs to impede a feature like this, but on the other hand, not sure who is pulling down so many covers they want a feature like that who isn't entertaining the idea of or actively managing dupes, so maybe it does?

I'm in the situation where I have a 3* Rocket who is past 223, and a 2/5/5 Drax who i'm trying to feed to completion since he's my last not-covered-but-has-a-feeder 4* character. Since the color i need is the 223 reward for Rock3t, I have a lvl 40, covered Rock3t dupe that i'm just applying saved covers to until i have enough to jump straight to 223. Train All would almost certainly not do what I want right now, but that's probably okay since I would just manage it first, then hit train all. I'd also probably Sell All my 1* characters prior since I don't want those to actually get trained, i only have them on roster because of sold off max champs.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I can't think of a downside to "train all" as an option, but the silly game has problems with the following:  I have a max champed character.  I am building a dupe and pull a cover.  I try to train and the game's first instinct is often to try to rearrange the powers of the max champed dupe.  So I need to manually go to the dupe I'm building and add it there.

You need to manually train each cover.

People have been asking for the game to shift away from time slots for a long time; maybe eventually they will do something, but there's no indication of that happening soon.
    Its a psychological training trigger.  They will always make you do it one by one.  These are the things they discuss at GDC
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    God, i remember having to apply individual iso levels one by one.  That stunk.
    I'm not too bothered by the OP's issue, a lot of more established alliances have bunches of players with 1* MBW as a team up to pass with just the blue skill applied as mentioned above.  Everyone wants the stun only.
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    I'd be happy if, after we hit the train button, there was a way to get back to the level-up panel for that hero.  On Steam at least, you have to go back out to the roster screen, find the hero you JUST had open, and then navigate back down to the page that lets you level up.  Why not allow an easier transition to that panel after clicking "train?"

As for the train all, how about a button that just does all of the "add levels" at once?  That wouldn't trip on the dupe farm issue.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this idea but I would like to add on an Open All tokens button.  My 2000 standard tokens would appreciate it. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Was coming in here to see if anyone had mentioned this.  If your champed character is at 5/3/5 and you've got a second farmed one at 2/1/3, if you pull a cover of the second color, it will try to apply it to your champed character when you hit Train, rather than make your dupe a 2/2/3.  Really, really annoying.

Do you remember having to apply individual ISO *crystals*one by one?  Holding down the "Train" button to put your ISO crystals into the character...and you could partially train levels as well.  A huge pain that was thankfully removed.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

Do you remember having to apply individual ISO *crystals*one by one?  Holding down the "Train" button to put your ISO crystals into the character...and you could partially train levels as well.  A huge pain that was thankfully removed.
    Yeah that's more precisely what i was speaking of.  I think there were some OCD types that had to have their ISO stash at round numbers so they'd drop small bits of ISO into their characters. 4,300 ISO, not 4,329.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor

Yeah that's more precisely what i was speaking of.  I think there were some OCD types that had to have their ISO stash at round numbers so they'd drop small bits of ISO into their characters. 4,300 ISO, not 4,329.
    Ha! I think I was one of those. I preferred to have it at multiples of 500 (or 1000 obvs). 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Board shake would be very powerful if it re triggered beginning of match special power effects 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

There's still a remnant of the old system when levelling up Devil Dinosaur.  That character was special, in that each time you levelled him up, the game would partially fill the bar towards the next level.  This made DD the cheapest 4* character to champion.
    That bonus still exists, although the game loses track of it occasionally.  You'll usually need to exit and reload the game to see the credit towards the next level.  If you're willing to do that 100 times, you'll save maybe 10% of the iso over levelling him up all the way in one go.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    There's still a remnant of the old system when levelling up Devil Dinosaur.  That character was special, in that each time you levelled him up, the game would partially fill the bar towards the next level.  This made DD the cheapest 4* character to champion.
    That bonus still exists, although the game loses track of it occasionally.  You'll usually need to exit and reload the game to see the credit towards the next level.  If you're willing to do that 100 times, you'll save maybe 10% of the iso over levelling him up all the way in one go.
    When I championed Devil Dino three years ago, I used the single level up button without any of the reloading you described and I still got the ~10% discount in cost, even though the in-game display claimed otherwise (the costs on the leveling buttons were the same as any other 4*, but the actual iso-8 spent was reduced, when I checked my iso totals before and after leveling).  Sure 10% isn't a huge change and someone leveling Devil Dino is probably closer to being post-iso than not, but it's still significant if you're in a crunch.

I don't believe the leveling system has changed since that time, but I honestly don't know for sure.