Can bosses be announced sooner please?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
My alliance doesn't really hang out on the forums. They only get news when they're on assuming I've told them.

For the last 3 bosses, I've had people surprised that a boss has started. Is there a reason why the boss logo can't show up, say, 24 hours before the event starts? Or at least earlier than 90 minutes before?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My alliance doesn't really hang out on the forums. They only get news when they're on assuming I've told them.

For the last 3 bosses, I've had people surprised that a boss has started. Is there a reason why the boss logo can't show up, say, 24 hours before the event starts? Or at least earlier than 90 minutes before?
    that would require someone to give some forethought to the popups.  I agree they can have better timing on how that stuff shows up ingame.

Specifically with respect to having ingame announcements off set from event starts and finishes,  also show the ingame event 24hrs prior to start.

We all know the graphics, and event details are preloaded onto your system in advance because the the long forced updates.

I am fairly happy with how those things are done currently,  but even just a little care and forethought for that scheduling would make things much smoother and well throught out.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is particularly important for all of the casual alliances out there, as early rosters (especially prior to champing a lot of 3*) are quickly outpaced by enemy scaling in the side nodes and can only really contribute in the earliest rounds of the event.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a Commander in my Alliance and I told my members through chat that the Galactus Boss was coming as soon as it was announced here in the forums. That usually helps, but not everyone is in the forums or reads the in game chat either. There are always those members who don't join the Boss battle right away no matter how long ago you inform them or even if the preview is in game. That could be to real world obligations at that time the Boss starts or just carelessness. Everybody is also in different parts of the World as well, so that is hard to accommodate. I think for this one they announced it last week didn't they. Not the preview, but the fact that there was one coming and details coming soon type thing.
  • Phumade
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
     I think for this one they announced it last week didn't they. Not the preview, but the fact that there was one coming and details coming soon type thing.
    They do give appropriate advance notIce via sneak peek thread.  I wouldn’t fault them for that.  But the little things add a lot of polish and professionalism to everything.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An earlier in-game announcement would be nice, yeah. Less than half of my Alliance is in even now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Likewise my Alliance relies upon myself and my co-commander @turbomoose to prepare for Boss Events, the lack of in game advice is jarring. All it would need is a pop-up banner linking to the forum.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First run of Galactus it showed him "arriving" for 7 days...
  • Phumade
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    15 days with the 2 or 3 different images in the screen
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    and arrive he did. those were the most fun 3 turn matches i ever played...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    this is a great idea.  Pve gets a preview why not Boss events.  Can this be sent up the chain? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I feel like some recent boss events had previews up for a day or two before they went live, but could be wrong.

Obviously this would be a nice thing for players if the developers could build it into the planning.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could it be because they have to add in Sabertooth and the other 4*? I seems to remember that previous boss events didn't take that long to show up?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could it be because they have to add in Sabertooth and the other 4*? I seems to remember that previous boss events didn't take that long to show up?
    Honestly, I would think these were completely separate items.  One is a token update, one is a event display issue.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It doesn't have to show the prizes, etc., but could it go on the Story tab with a counter showing the time remaining until Galactus arrives. It doesn't even have to be a timer/counter for the first few days.
    "5 days until Galactus arrives."
    "4 days until Galactus arrives."
    "3 days until Galactus arrives."
    "2 days until Galactus arrives."
    Then the hourly timer could begin. 
    "24 hours until Galactus arrives."
    "23 hours..." and so on.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno, it is pretty well established that Boss Events are Thursdays even by those who don't rabidly devour news updates on these things - I'm not sure you really need a countdown, just a pop-up in game a few days in advance for those who don't come to the forums. We always announce it in the group chat days in advance but it wouldn't hurt the game to give us a hand. If you add a link to the forum then it is up to the players to do the rest with regard to additional info.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I always get a preview of the next PVE at least a day or two before the end of the current PVE. I saw the forum post for the current boss event at least 24hours before it began. Why aren't boss events given the same PVE preview that other PVEs get? I can't see that there should be any technical limitation for this (but maybe I'm just not smart enough to see a logical reason).
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jredd said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    The most fun 3 turn matches until Boss Rush Phoenix showed up...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    The most fun 3 turn matches until Boss Rush Phoenix showed up...
    And now, thanks to Kitty and Grocket, they're back to being 3 Turn matches again!