Which has higher marginal value for me?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I want to spend some CP (500-1k) on the demons LTs

My JJ is 1/8/2, with America at 282.

My kitty is 1/3/2.

Obviously kitty has more value.  But JJ is closer to being covered, and very good on her own.

Who should I set as BH before opening tokens?

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Let the game decide. Set both of them and whichever you get first switch to that one.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

p.s. I would go kitty. I could see jj just hitting you with more covers on that 8.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    You will get an expected number of 23/400 covers for your favourite 5* character per pull. With 1000 CP you will have 40 pulls which will give you an expected number of 2.3 covers which is not enough to champ either JJ or Kitty.

Champing JJ requires on average 8.25 random covers.
    Champing Kitty requires on average 8.84 random covers.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    It depends on your roster: are you already a 5* player or making the transition? I'll assume for the moment this would be your first 5*:

Why not Jessica:

1) While Jessica is good, from what I gather (I'm not a 5* player myself), you'll have a harder time with her as your one and only 5* if you play PvP. Kitty, on the other hand, is perhaps the single best individual 5* character for transitioning. And even partially covered, you'll find her incredibly useful.

2) Jessica is fed by America. You're (ever so slowly) going to get covers for her from America's champ levels, whereas currently Kitty has no feeder and therefore can only be pulled from tokens.

3) Jessica is only slightly behind Kitty as @MadScientist points out in terms of random covers needed to fully cover. I'll give you another metric, call it the "frustration index": the chance of you getting at least 1 more dupe for Jessica before she's champed? 89.7%. The chance of getting at least 2 more? 71.8%. Compare that to Kitty: at least 1 dupe: 63.2%, at least 2 dupes: 41.8%. How will those extra dupes for Jessica make you feel, given 5* bonus heroes only happen once every 133.33 pulls?

Why not Kitty:

1) Well, this really boils down more to "why not 5* transition": because you'll be running 1 team and 1 team only 90%+ of the time: Gritty. The joy of the 5* transition may fade quickly. BUT, you can always soft cap Kitty and still enjoy the benefits while tooling around with your old 4* pals for fun.

2) The possibility, however remote, that Kitty and/or Grocket gets nerfed.

Conclusion:

Set your BH to Kitty and pull away, but don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.