Gamependium in Signature - what should I do next?

IIAlonditeII
IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
Hello everyone, my Gamependium is in my Signature. What should I be focusing on and what method of play should I focus on to achieve it?

Right now, I am focuing on playing PvP (Level 8) to 900-1200 points, depending on the featured character, for placement and progression. I am playing PvE (level 8) to max-progression for the 25 command points and not going beyond that, as I am usually not in competition for a top-spot.

Is this the best way to continue advancing? What would your focus be, in my position? Right now I have the following favorite heroes set:

Iron Fist
Red Hulk
Thanos 3*
Captain Marvel 3*
Okoye
GladiaThor
Captain Marvel 4*
Iron Man Model 40 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, roster and champ the rest of the 2*. Farming them for champ rewards is a really reliable source of HP to get Roster slots for the higher tiers. I know it will seem like it's slowing you down, but it will end up helping surprisingly quickly.
    As you get more Roster slots after that, work on rostering all the 3*, and then champing them all. Even more so than the 2*, their champ rewards will help fuel your 4* development.
    Further, every single 2* or higher Character will be Required for an event at some point or another. Any time you're missing one of those, that's rewards that you're not getting. Even if you're not trying for Placement in the event as a whole, getting t100 in each sub will be another good source of HP.
    Stick to a single Bonus Hero per Tier. I would go for one of Strange, Thanos, or IM40 for 3* (Strange for my choice), Rocket & Groot for 4*, and Okoye for 5*.
    Now, the key element: resource management. Don't open Tokens unless you're sure you can use any cover that will fall out. I know it can be frustrating having Tokens sitting around, but opening them and letting covers that you can't roster expire is basically just throwing them away. Don't open Legendary Tokens or spend CP at all until you've got all the 2* and 3* rostered. Heroics are fine if you have the HP for a Roster slot, Elites are pretty safe once you get the rest of the 2* on board, and Standards are generally fine, but still, if you pull someone you can't roster, stop until you can get a slot for them. Similarly, spending HP on Shields or Vaults may be tempting, but it will do you far more good to invest them in Roster slots.
    This game is a marathon, not a sprint. If you want to get the most from it, it takes patience and planning. Put some effort into those, and you can get to wherever you want.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this the best way to continue advancing? What would your focus be, in my position?

Am I the only one who is impressed that you are getting 900-1200 points in Pvp off of a one 4* champed roster? Whatever you are doing seems to be working OK!

• IIAlonditeII
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is this the best way to continue advancing? What would your focus be, in my position?

Am I the only one who is impressed that you are getting 900-1200 points in Pvp off of a one 4* champed roster? Whatever you are doing seems to be working OK!

I just use whoever is the featured 3*, IM HB and Immortal Iron Fist. Chase purple until I have 10, then if there's a little black on the board fire Purple Twice into IM Black into IM red on a priority target. If there's a lot of black, I'll manipulate the board so that a Purple is likely to cause cascades and hopefull I'll have 12 black after firing it once so I get a punch also. I don't have to play against many 5* rosters and 4* rosters aren't too hard to hit like this.

I'll climb to 750-800 at the start and just hover. If I get hit, I'll retal if they're worth enough and then stay floating and try to just play even to keep the same score until about 12 hours left. I'll play nonstop from 12hrs to 10:45 remaining and then use a 3 Hr shield, wait 2:55 and unshield, hit my 3 most valuable nodes and reshield with an 8Hr shield. Wait 7:55 and hit 3 nodes, reshield with a 3 Hr Shield. Then I'll usually hop one more time in the last 2 minutes of an event because I shouldn't show up on any queues with enough time to end the match like that, and if my match goes poorly I can just wait for a couple of minutes before retreating and not lose those points.

I'll occasionally bounce off of a Good 4* team that got a good cascade, but that's about it.
  • DAZ0273
    Cool, that is a lot of work but kudos to you for going the full distance.

One question: Is there a particular reason for chasing Red Hulk?
  • IIAlonditeII
    DAZ0273 said:

He has a Green Nuke in the 4* Tier, and I thought that'd be useful. I could be mistaken and if so feel free to correct me haha. I just figured he seemed like a top 5 or so character for Tier 4*.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

He has a Green Nuke in the 4* Tier, and I thought that'd be useful. I could be mistaken and if so feel free to correct me haha. I just figured he seemed like a top 5 or so character for Tier 4*.
    He got a little left behind as the meta has advanced, he isn't bad per-se but getting that 18 green AP is a slog even with his purple. I would probably rather double dip on say 4* Iron Fist green that can also build to his black nuke but that is just me. Pretty much all meta 4* teams are now build around R4G for insane match damage or more recently Bishop with his ability to stunlock, although it looks like Sabretooth will be the next one with his fast red combined with Okoye and his ability to destroy enemy specials.
  • IIAlonditeII
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

He got a little left behind as the meta has advanced, he isn't bad per-se but getting that 18 green AP is a slog even with his purple. I would probably rather double dip on say 4* Iron Fist green that can also build to his black nuke but that is just me. Pretty much all meta 4* teams are now build around R4G for insane match damage or more recently Bishop with his ability to stunlock, although it looks like Sabretooth will be the next one with his fast red combined with Okoye and his ability to destroy enemy specials.
    Ohhh, good point. Yeah, I guess that is important. I have an Iron Fist cover on the vine, and I have 1 cover on Sabretooth.

How would Iron Fist4* and Iron Man HB pair together? my next 4* project should probably pair well with HB, since he's my only usable 4* right now and is champed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Ohhh, good point. Yeah, I guess that is important. I have an Iron Fist cover on the vine, and I have 1 cover on Sabretooth.

How would Iron Fist4* and Iron Man HB pair together? my next 4* project should probably pair well with HB, since he's my only usable 4* right now and is champed.
    They have overlap on blue and black which isn't ideal as it means you aren't working towards one goal as you have two different nukes. If your main goal is to accelerate HB then Riri/ Ironheart blue is all you need, although Magik purple is your friend too. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

They have overlap on blue and black which isn't ideal as it means you aren't working towards one goal as you have two different nukes. If your main goal is to accelerate HB then Riri/ Ironheart blue is all you need, although Magik purple is your friend too. 
    HoboFist wins the contest for the blue over HB hands down. I know he's usually valued for his black nuke, but if you run him 5/5/3, he's a pretty impressive battery, actually, while kicking out plenty of damage and some Strikes at the same time. Then stick HB with three in his blue, give him the black, and make red and more Strikes before punching someone.
    Magik and Riri overlap on two colours with HB too, so that's not really a compelling argument for any of those three over the others.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

HoboFist wins the contest for the blue over HB hands down. I know he's usually valued for his black nuke, but if you run him 5/5/3, he's a pretty impressive battery, actually, while kicking out plenty of damage and some Strikes at the same time. Then stick HB with three in his blue, give him the black, and make red and more Strikes before punching someone.
    Magik and Riri overlap on two colours with HB too, so that's not really a compelling argument for any of those three over the others.
    I Know Riri and Magik overlap but my thoughts were simple - Riri's blue is such a good red AP generator, I can't think of a better one at 4* level but her red compliments HB by doing something different to his and that gives you options. With Magik the red tile generation is passive once you trigger the purple so it doesn't interfere with HB using his own.