All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:
    Costumes are rare and special - most Costumes will only be available for a limited period of time OR only to players who reach particular achievements in the game.
    I wouldn't call purchasing a bundle all that much of an achievement in the game. :)

Edit: I just checked out the Cyclops costume should also state that logging in isn't much of an achievement either. :p
    To be fair, that "or" makes all the difference -- and I had forgotten that was part of the original announcement. It now truly is an "or" and I have a costume from achieving something in the game without spending money for it.

All good, in my book. I'm happy for some fun new trinkets, however many or few I get.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    That Cyclops costume might be the greatest thing I've seen in MPQ. And we get it just for logging in? My day is made 3 times over. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The Age Of Apocalypse Cyclops Costume is inaccurate. He is supposed to have only 1 eye. The other eye should be covered and not have red glass on the glasses.

Either way its good they are bringing these stories into the game.
  • Shintok17
    This gives me hope that Age Of Apocalypse Ice Man Costume will be released. Now that's a big upgrade from what we currently have.
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Thanks for the free costume, these things spice up the game a bit. It could have been used as the new vip skin and nobody would have found it unreasonable so I find it to be a very genereous move.

I suggest creating the aoa iceman skin next and make it the vip reward, you'll be sure to have Shintok as a customer :-)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    This gives me hope that Age Of Apocalypse Ice Man Costume will be released. Now that's a big upgrade from what we currently have.
    OR they could actually give us a 616 Iceman (since the one we have is Teen Iceman, just like 4* Teen Jean). And then give us cool costumes for that one instead.

Of course, if they gave us a 5* 616 Iceman and gave a costume for the 4*, we could have two versions of Iceman and have neither look like the goofy snowman.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    I'm in love.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    The Age Of Apocalypse Cyclops Costume is inaccurate. He is supposed to have only 1 eye. The other eye should be covered and not have red glass on the glasses.

Marvel Future Fight has AOA Cyke, correctly with the visor being solid across his missing eye.

But, if MPQ had been comic accurate, they would have either needed to make another set of art assets for the AI side so his metal faced you, or we would have been complaining because the missing eye switched sides depending on which side of the screen he is on.

Another thought is that the OG model has less art assets needed, and maybe it's not really possible to add a costume which would have a need for mirror image art, when the original in game character doesn't have a separate "right side" image asset to layer the art onto.
  • Shintok17
    edited June 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Shintok17 said:

Marvel Future Fight has AOA Cyke, correctly with the visor being solid across his missing eye.

But, if MPQ had been comic accurate, they would have either needed to make another set of art assets for the AI side so his metal faced you, or we would have been complaining because the missing eye switched sides depending on which side of the screen he is on.

Another thought is that the OG model has less art assets needed, and maybe it's not really possible to add a costume which would have a need for mirror image art, when the original in game character doesn't have a separate "right side" image asset to layer the art onto.
    Maybe true or oversight. What about eye patch 5* Thor costume. Same thing, but it was done correctly.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    That Cyclops costume might be the greatest thing I've seen in MPQ. And we get it just for logging in? My day is made 3 times over. 
    Lol I know right!  "Maybe he's born with it"  was perfection   :D 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about Shuri (Wawa Aba) costume
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 Shuri covers + a  costume for 2700 HP! 

An easy purchase for me.

KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that Shuri pack seems like a phenomenal deal. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's dirt cheap for 3 4* covers.  :o
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Great deal and good news for the players that have Shuri as favourite in order to feed their Okoye.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    This Shuri pack is the kind of deal that would have me marching straight to the store for a Logans Loonies of i didnt have the hp on hand....
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    So glad I didn't spend hp in the Ororo vault. 3 covers for 2750 is a steal, the costume is an added incentive. 
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Love the Shuri deal, love the costume. This is good stuff, keep it coming.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully I won’t scrimp and save for Shuri only to be presented with the same deal for Chavez right after...
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Hopefully I won’t scrimp and save for Shuri only to be presented with the same deal for Chavez right after...
    Oh yeah, didn’t think about this... Probably won’t be any chance they’ll present a “coming soon” for these kind of offers...