Galactus Hungers - Event Details (6/5/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the details for the Galactus Hungers event:

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    My poorly covered (1/0/1) Kingpin is definitely going to do nothing but get in the way for this event.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Mine’s lvl 356 and he’ll still be a passenger.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    So basically, MEHulk and 5-star Hawkeye with Coulson will be my ride or dies for the event.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Kingpin's black can be a pretty nasty nuke for 8 AP when boosted, especially if you only have 1 CD on the board instead of multiple. I use it when I have teammates who throw down cds I may not always care to keep. SWitch's passive when it shows up in a bad location, Coulson's Super Secret Tech, Cho's See The Math.....all fair game to be sacrificed for the "BOOP" of Death
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    What an Awful group of 4 stars for the event. Sabertoooth will be really good eventually but he is not going to be fully covered by 90% of rosters yet Kingpin, Wolvering and 4 Widow are considred 3 of the worst 4 stars by many Huk Buster and Main event are pretty good and Iron fist is OK but no synergy this event
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still hoping they decide to boost 5*s to PvE levels for a boss one day.
    It's ludicrous that we face level 450+ nodes with 5*s boosted 10-20 levels only.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    max5esq said:
    What an Awful group of 4 stars for the event. Sabertoooth will be really good eventually but he is not going to be fully covered by 90% of rosters yet Kingpin, Wolvering and 4 Widow are considred 3 of the worst 4 stars by many Huk Buster and Main event are pretty good and Iron fist is OK but no synergy this event
    A single hit of Iron Fist's black will finish the boss for most of the rounds.  Pair him with Cloak & Dagger and you'll finish most rounds before it matters C&D isn't boosted.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe in future runs of Galactus we will get Hulk (Totally Awesome) replaced by Hawkeye (Ronin).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still hoping they decide to boost 5*s to PvE levels for a boss one day.
    It's ludicrous that we face level 450+ nodes with 5*s boosted 10-20 levels only.
    Still much better than the occasional "Here's a wave of two level 450+ nodes, each with four tile swapping characters.  Enjoy doing this with the required two-star."
  • King_Clovis
    King_Clovis Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Why is it not still existing in my account?
  • DAZ0273
    You might need to explain that one a bit more.
  • Tarakanova
    Tarakanova Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think they mean that the event does not appear in their Story events list, not even as a preview. 
    At least that's when I saw (or didn't see) when I opened the game just now...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think they mean that the event does not appear in their Story events list, not even as a preview. 
    At least that's when I saw (or didn't see) when I opened the game just now...
    Ah, right! Maybe there is delay on the game update as we are expecting packs to get updated too with 4* today also. I'm sure it will pop up in due course.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not unusual for boss events to not appear in game until they actually start.  It was the norm for quite a while, in fact.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Venom9 said:
    IMO boss battles are the the best part of this game. Civil war was very refreshing becuse it’s the only one that you need to come up with a game plan for your alliance. I’m king of scratching my head wondering why there has not been a new boss in two years. Is it lack of resources, lack of financial return, not enough player interest, or something else? Because everyone in my alliance has the same thoughts, I was wondering what you guys on the forums think. Why no new boss battles in two years?
    On the recent survey I listed alliance events as my favorite part of the game...because they are.  Civil War is certainly the best due to the coordination that is required.  I think the game would benefit from more events where you need coordination.  I think there was a recent event where coordination was somewhat required too, just can't remember which one it was.  It was the one where you could pick different difficulties of easy, hard or superhard etc and each one had a different theme/story.  I think it has only been run once....
  • DAZ0273
    Warbringa said:
    Venom9 said:
    IMO boss battles are the the best part of this game. Civil war was very refreshing becuse it’s the only one that you need to come up with a game plan for your alliance. I’m king of scratching my head wondering why there has not been a new boss in two years. Is it lack of resources, lack of financial return, not enough player interest, or something else? Because everyone in my alliance has the same thoughts, I was wondering what you guys on the forums think. Why no new boss battles in two years?
    On the recent survey I listed alliance events as my favorite part of the game...because they are.  Civil War is certainly the best due to the coordination that is required.  I think the game would benefit from more events where you need coordination.  I think there was a recent event where coordination was somewhat required too, just can't remember which one it was.  It was the one where you could pick different difficulties of easy, hard or superhard etc and each one had a different theme/story.  I think it has only been run once....
    There were two "Raid" style events - Places of Power and Sinister 600
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    Venom9 said:
    Yeah, add those two "raids" to other events that drew forum criticism (boss rush, fight for wakanda, etc).  Instead of tweaking the events, they just scrapped them.  Never understood that, considering that within the complaints there were various small tweaks offered by the forumites that would make those events okay.  Tweaking and leaving in already developed events would ease some of the staleness from playing the same events over and over...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Warbringa said:
    Venom9 said:
    Yeah, add those two "raids" to other events that drew forum criticism (boss rush, fight for wakanda, etc).  Instead of tweaking the events, they just scrapped them.  Never understood that, considering that within the complaints there were various small tweaks offered by the forumites that would make those events okay.  Tweaking and leaving in already developed events would ease some of the staleness from playing the same events over and over...
    I felt for sure that we might get more Sinister 600 tweaked or not, if only as a  way to get Spider-ham. I guess it could still happen and it is not hard to "fix" in my opinion.