All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Ah there it is, the 75 dollar costume. 

Easy come easy go for the earnable ones I guess lol
    Costumes are a luxury item and always will be, as are vanity items in other games, the fact that we get any of them free, since they impact actual play 0, is nice.  

Anything new that you actually need, you never have to spend on. The game is play at your own place, if you are not a "must have now" person.  Miss a new release? Get it in progression in the next PVE/PVP with no placement requirements (and a loaner in PVP to boot), new 5*s, just hold onto tokens and cp to get 1 cover for essentials.  No-one is ever FORCED to get placement as the only way to get a new char.  Vanity items, yes, probably the most appropriate placement prizes in the game, this will reward the vets and hardcore players with something that is mostly just fun.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof said:

Costumes are a luxury item and always will be, as are vanity items in other games, the fact that we get any of them free, since they impact actual play 0, is nice.  

Anything new that you actually need, you never have to spend on. The game is play at your own place, if you are not a "must have now" person.  Miss a new release? Get it in progression in the next PVE/PVP with no placement requirements (and a loaner in PVP to boot), new 5*s, just hold onto tokens and cp to get 1 cover for essentials.  No-one is ever FORCED to get placement as the only way to get a new char.  Vanity items, yes, probably the most appropriate placement prizes in the game, this will reward the vert and hardcore players with something that is mostly just fun.
    I do agree with Malcrof 100%.   This is the only game where a free to play player can rise to an elite level and compete against the strongest rosters in the game and win events purely on strategic play.

i think there still 1 or 2 so called Tightwad Titans who have champed all 5 tiers on a 0 dollar budget.  
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    there's go to be a joke in here somewhere about this cos-june and playing. Just can't see it...  :D
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Marvel Puzzle Fashion Quest. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Malcrof said:

Anything new that you actually need, you never have to spend on. The game is play at your own place, if you are not a "must have now" person.  Miss a new release? Get it in progression in the next PVE/PVP with no placement requirements (and a loaner in PVP to boot), new 5*s, just hold onto tokens and cp to get 1 cover for essentials.  No-one is ever FORCED to get placement as the only way to get a new char.  Vanity items, yes, probably the most appropriate placement prizes in the game, this will reward the vert and hardcore players with something that is mostly just fun.
    I do agree with Malcrof 100%.   This is the only game where a free to play player can rise to an elite level and compete against the strongest rosters in the game and win events purely on strategic play.

i think there still 1 or 2 so called Tightwad Titans who have champed all 5 tiers on a 0 dollar budget.  
    Speaking for myself, I haven't done much more than VIP since... well they implemented VIP.  Before that I occasionally dropped $20 on a Logan's Loonies.  I do keep up VIP, and to be fair I have indulged in three or four of the Hero for Hire offers, but never more than $30.  Still, I doubt the money I've spent has had a huge impact on my roster, which at this point is all champed but  Banner, Rescue, Ronin, 4* Thanos (real close on him, though,) and Sabertooth.  Oh, and Spider-Ham - but I do have Taskmaster.  This game is very playable with little to no money, particularly on the high end.  On the low end HP shortages sting more...

Regarding the $75 offers - I agree it's kind of silly to dump that much on a costume, but to be fair they do give you 5 Legendary pulls. Based on the games internal value, they're giving you way more than $75 worth in the other perks.  Whether or not it's worth it to you is another story...
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof said:

If costumes are luxury items then shouldn't they have been introduced that way? As I recall the costumes were introduced by saying that they would be earnable (is that a word?). It was implied that the costumes would earned though some kind of game play (which they finally are). They weren't introduced as luxury items only available if you drop excessive amounts of money. I think if costumes had been introduced as an add-on for purchases right from the start there would be less complaining about them being tied to high priced packages now (although there would have been a lot of complaining pre-release).
  • Malcrof
    Rhipf said:
    Malcrof said:

If costumes are luxury items then shouldn't they have been introduced that way? As I recall the costumes were introduced by saying that they would be earnable (is that a word?). It was implied that the costumes would earned though some kind of game play (which they finally are). They weren't introduced as luxury items only available if you drop excessive amounts of money. I think if costumes had been introduced as an add-on for purchases right from the start there would be less complaining about them being tied to high priced packages now (although there would have been a lot of complaining pre-release).
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76138/new-feature-costumes-updated-11-26-18/p1

When they were announced, the only one that even could be close to free , was Cage (lucky vault pull). I think Mags is the first free one that i am aware of, and cable for progression. (VIP ones cost VIP)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added details about Cyclops (Apocalypse) costume for 3-Star Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)
  • Malcrof
    And just like that, Cyclops becomes Dazzler!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    More like Cyclops (Dave Mustaine) ;)
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Free costume cool, but that is a total fail on art. The point of the AoA Cyclops was that his visor was an one-eyed patch, but the art has it drawn like he's wearing glasses. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Age of Apocalypse Cyclops only had one eye thanks to Wolverine...uh, spoilers I guess, I love the concept otherwise though.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof said:
    And just like that, Cyclops becomes Dazzler!
    Lol good one! Looks to me like a mashup of Bucky, Sentinel, Mockingbird, and Dazzler...
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

I'm still waiting for more Dad jokes!

Eye see you added Cyclops costume...

• DAZ0273
    Punter1 said:

That'll be a real blast...
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Punter1 said:

I admire that you have a single vision of the future you wish to see
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops (Apocalypse) Costume
    Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's Apocalypse

Hmmmm, sounds like a Maybelline commercial, which makes me think fashion, which leads to Cover Squirrel... Squirrel Girl costume next ;)
  • DAZ0273
    Cyclops (Apocalypse) Costume
    Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's Apocalypse

Hmmmm, sounds like a Maybelline commercial, which makes me think fashion, which leads to Cover Squirrel... Squirrel Girl costume next ;)
    Or shampoo, Medusa?
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Goldiclops?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Malcrof said:
    Rhipf said:
    Malcrof said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76138/new-feature-costumes-updated-11-26-18/p1

When they were announced, the only one that even could be close to free , was Cage (lucky vault pull). I think Mags is the first free one that i am aware of, and cable for progression. (VIP ones cost VIP)
    The part that I was referring to (thanks for the link by the way) was:

Costumes are rare and special - most Costumes will only be available for a limited period of time or only to players who reach particular achievements in the game.
    I wouldn't call purchasing a bundle all that much of an achievement in the game. :)

Edit: I just checked out the Cyclops costume should also state that logging in isn't much of an achievement either. :p