4* DDQ Crash: The African engineer vs. the biggest pain in Spiderman's rear

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Shuri vs. Green Goblin, fight!

How did you do in this battle? I managed it on my second try, with my level 168 0/2/5 Shuri. I got him down to 733 on my first try, but ol Nasty Normie hit me with a Glider before I could finish him off. My biggest damage dealer turned out to be red; matching those fortified basic tiles piled the damage on pretty quickly. 
My reward was a saved green cover for 4* Big Pun.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl187 5/3/5. As I usually do, I gave it a go with no Boosts or anything. She does have a Lvl100 2* Shuri's Lab Support, just as a usual thing, but it didn't do anything except for some extra green match damage. Red was really the carry, but I did get in a couple of uses of her green, one of which Stunned Normie, and that was handy. Basically seems to come down to "Make Fortified tiles, match Fortified tiles, repeat." Re-speccing to 3/5/5 might be better here, tho, since her green can pack quite a wallop, and there aren't as many different powers going for her blue to affect, or as many ways to get Fortified tiles as with a full team.
    Token waiting for the new season's rotation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got caught out first go by how much damage Goblin does with his glider attack and he downed me. Second time around I decided I would get a jump start and as I had some old Shuri Boosts lying around I whacked them on her and started fortifying tiles and before I knew it Gobby was done for.

I understand the idea behind this match up but it kind'a brings home that we don't have any Black Panther villains for our Wakandans to battle which is a shame.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    2/5/5 Level 160, no boosts, but I did use a Shuri's Lab support.
    I thought the support was going to be incredible, and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting fortified tiles.
    Upon closer read, it's a chance of fortifying *special* tiles, which Shuri has no ability to make. So one of the main support benefits, nullified. (In fairness and in hindsight, that would be OP and too easy).

First try, got him to within 117 health before getting downed by the Glider.

Despite being that close, I ended up using old Shuri boosts, and the green by itself did the job the second time around. Just as well, because an unlucky early cascade gave him 6 black right away, and I thought I was headed for another loss. Thus, the quick win was welcome.

• Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I've just managed to do it with a lowly 135 lvl, 1-1-4 Shuri. I had the Shuri lab at 50 but it was not helping, and the secret was switching to 150 Chewie support (with one character you get plenty of attack tiles) and a bit of luck on the matches
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

Surprised myself by beating him with a 0/0/2 level 86 Shuri, or to be more accurate I beat him with a level 131 3* Chewie support, Shuri was just along for the ride. Took about five attempts, had to deny his colours while hoping for a lot of attack tiles to be created by Chewie. And I only had a few hundred health left when I got him down. :)

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Loved it. Starve him of his glider and save green power until red lays down fortified tiles.  Sweet... another for the horde.