All-New Cos-June Collection! *Updated (7/2/19)

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

This June, not only are we bringing out the Dad jokes, but a whole plethora of new Costumes for your characters to don for the summer too!

Many costumes? Would you say we'll get a plethora of costumes? 

Brigby, what is a plethora? 

Because you told us there are a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone there is a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

(I'm referencing a movie, for those who don't know. Bonus points if you know what I'm talking about without using Google/IMDB.)
    Great he's using real bullets! Your in a lot of trouble mister!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Making a couple costumes available as earnable prizes is long overdue, so I'm glad to see it's happening.

At the same time, costumes are a hard thing to get excited about given that we use so little of our rosters. I mean, I have a champed Cable and he's nothing more than a bench warmer and Court Death sponge in easy PvE nodes. He could be wearing nothing but a pair of Fruit-of-the-Looms and smoking a cigar for all I care.
    Talk about a happy Daddy's Day... 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    This is a positive development. I look forward to seeing (and hopefully earning) more costumes once this is implemented. I do like the look of Monkneto. That would be my first ever costume as I'm not in a position to buy any of the packs.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Schrondinger's Boo-urns.

• Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Looking forward to the adventures of Pouchman and Ser Magneton.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's just a shame that this costume is getting release just after Magnetic Mayhem has run. 
  • GamBaTron
    GamBaTron Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    The ONLY costume I want is fat Thor. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magneto dressed like a monk.  :D
    I'm interested to know if I will get kicked out of top 10 in PvE because of Cable's costume.  :disappointed:

Do they come with new animations?
    You have 20 or so champed 4* according to your post in the other thread and all you need to do is "play lots" to succeed, so if you are going to be in your usual SCL then presumably you will be "fine". 😃
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking if 5* players will drop down to lower SCL just to get the costume. So, there's a possibility I might get boot out of top 10.

My 4* champs can't be faster than Gritty, 5* Thanos, Thorkoye.  :'(

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Top players aren't going to drop down to get the costume....I mean, maybe someone will....but not many.

But getting T10 is about getting more covers/LTs from ally placement.  A costume is nice but probably won't make anyone change their play.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

This June, not only are we bringing out the Dad jokes, but a whole plethora of new Costumes for your characters to don for the summer too!

Many costumes? Would you say we'll get a plethora of costumes? 

Brigby, what is a plethora? 

Because you told us there are a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone there is a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

(I'm referencing a movie, for those who don't know. Bonus points if you know what I'm talking about without using Google/IMDB.)
    3amigos, right?
    Winner winner chicken dinner! 
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Glad to see a different way to get costumes even though I know I won't make top 10, please change the Doc Ock costume for VIP to something new, I've had a couple sold already
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking if 5* players will drop down to lower SCL just to get the costume. So, there's a possibility I might get boot out of top 10.

What SCL are you going to play in that 5* players couldn't hose you no matter what?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    xdogg said:
    Glad to see a different way to get costumes even though I know I won't make top 10, please change the Doc Ock costume for VIP to something new, I've had a couple sold already
    I  actually really appreciate getting the HP from the dupe costume.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

Do you really think a 5* player is going to drop down a SL to get a 3* costume that they don’t care about?   LOL.  Man you must really over value costumes to the rest of the 5* players.   
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    @The rockett

I know Cable is nothing great, but calling him a 3* is a bit harsh....

😉
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    @The rockett

I know Cable is nothing great, but calling him a 3* is a bit harsh....

😉
    I meant Mags but yea.  Since Cable is never used not many would be chasing him. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is with this game only ever wanting to give worthwhile rewards to 1% of its players?

This is Marvel Puzzle Quest, not American Economy Simulator.
    How is a costume that benefits you not at all a worthwhile reward? Half the people here are arguing the costume isn't worth pursuing at all, while the other half are ticked off they won't be able to get it. Such a strange dichotomy. 

There are 3 costumes I would personally ever invest any effort in pursuing, and all 3 are defaults; Gambit , Rogue, 2* Storm. I recognize this is a personal preference. Costumes, to me, are a really cool feature that I enjoy, but only when they drop in my lap. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

Do you really think a 5* player is going to drop down a SL to get a 3* costume that they don’t care about?   LOL.  Man you must really over value costumes to the rest of the 5* players.   
    The 3* costume is a progression reward.  The top 10 placement reward is the costume for Cable, which is probably more interesting to players who actually have him covered (i.e. 5* players).  It might not appeal to everyone, but I suspect some will be chasing it.