Rising Tensions - Scheduling Options *Updated (6/5/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited June 2019 in MtGPQ Events
Update: Thanks for participating in the poll! Our team has gone with the majority vote and Rising Tensions will now be spaced out during the weekday on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday cadence.
------
Hi Everyone,

As our team was running through next month's scheduling of events, we wanted to get the community's feedback on the scheduling of an event that we know is popular for many: Rising Tensions.

Before anyone asks though, I'm going to answer the question that's likely on everyone's minds: No. We unfortunately are unable to return to the previous pattern of 5 Rising Tensions events each weekday every week.

Now having said that though, we do still have some flexibility in how we can format this pattern moving forward, and we wanted to hear your thoughts! This is why we decided to create a poll for everyone to vote on. This poll will run for the duration of this weekend before we close it on Monday, 6/3.

Here are the available options:

Spaced Out During The Weekday
This option is all about even distribution of the events throughout the entirety of a month. Events would be run on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and they would run every single week. 

Condensed During The Weekday - 2 Week Duration
This is the option that is most similar to the old pattern, however instead of running it every single week, it would only be run for 2 weeks each month. (GRN, RNA, skip, skip)

Condensed During The Weekday - Bi-Weekly
Same as the above option, however run at a Bi-Weekly rate, instead of 2 weeks of Rising Tensions back-to-back. (GRN, skip, RNA, skip)

Condensed During The Weekends
This option is for those that like to take that Friday Night Magic excitement and sustain it throughout the weekend. Rising Tensions events would be run on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and they would run every single weekend.

No Preference
This one is pretty straightforward. Any of the options will work for you!

Rising Tensions - Scheduling Options *Updated (6/5/19) 110 votes

Spaced Out During The Weekday (M,W,F)
80%
bobby_2613madwrenspan_argomansoultwistTherosWafflesauceHomeRncmassive13DragonSorcererAvahadGrizzoMtGPQmrixl2520ZzyzzxAzerackTyrannicideFindingHeart8Babo21ifsandbutsThéséeTremayne 89 votes
Condensed During The Weekday - 2 Week Duration (M,T,W,Th,F)
3%
StormcrowLarz70zypherosShadowslayer 4 votes
Condensed During The Weekday - Bi-Weekly (M,T,W,Th,F)
5%
rafaleleSorin81Mburn7JackGunnerFeiticieracoldity 6 votes
Condensed During The Weekend (F,S,Su)
9%
versemagekhurramertaiiIgemonIM_CARLOSHarryMasonAlekseiYogiAmosBurtonTengu316 10 votes
No Preference
0%
sjechua 1 vote

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Personally too much going on during the weekends.  Weekdays are perfect. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Spread them out over the week that way every week at least has -something- worth playing outside of the coalition events.
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Probably unnecessary to mention, but this means option 1 and 4 make it run 12 times per period of 4 weeks, while options 2 and 3 total at 10 events per 4 weeks. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Condensed During The Weekend (F,S,Su)
    Well cut again of jewels an orbs.

I am between option 1 and 4. I would prefer 4 because job on weekday, but vote for option 1, if the duration is extended to two days. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great initiative to ask the community!

@brigby - Can you add a message in the inbox so you reach as many players as possible?
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    If we do the M/W/F can we have the event duration longer than 24 hours so players who are super busy with work/life obligations during those days will have time to catch up on the following day?
    This, please! I legitimately like playing the event, the rewards are almost secondary.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Asking for our opinions is unprecedented.
    MTF  is better than nothing I suppose. But you just created part time players.
    Again why not make RT available all weekday and totally remove ToTp?
    RT is the most beloved compared to totp and anything else.

Alternative @brigby are you willing  to substitute where RT is missing with standard events like tour of ravnica and others,   on T and TH.
    This is highly unlikely I guess.

ToTp a good legacy but hated due to time it takes and difficulty.  All other legacy events have poor show rate due to bad reward and ranking. Without daily RT, it's hard to recover from ToTp crystal bleed and RT x 3 is not not enough to make net gains.

The vip is not even priced right to begin with. The value is soo poor as long as the membership gives common and uncommon  cards." IF" I were to get ViP I'll only do so when I get  all uncommon, common and most rares to finish up the set.

• Lady_River
    Lady_River Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I voted for option 1 but would also like to extend my answer to that I like the idea of extending the time for it. Due to timezones I tend to be asleep for quite a bit of it. 

That said I don't mind option 4 either but again like extended time for it due to timezones.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Same opinion as the rest. I also would like to know WHY you can't run it using the old schedule? There's no statement about that. I do know that since the removal of this event, the weekdays have become a graveyard, both my own activity towards the game as the various chat channels.
  • Dkrone
    Dkrone Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I like MWF or FSS. I never had an issue finishing it during the week. There are weekends when I wish there were more games, but there are also weekends that are packed with events and weekends were I can’t play at all. So I’m voting MWF.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Condensed During The Weekday - Bi-Weekly (M,T,W,Th,F)
    Theros said:
    Asking for our opinions is unprecedented.

Not totally unprecedented.  They did ask us about how to do Legendaries.

Even still, though, this is great.  More of this please.
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    If I’m gonna pay $30 a month I want the resources I would get from RT every week to show up in my inbox. 2500 orbs, 225 j, and 200 crystals. If I’m gonna pay in $ instead of time I want my resources. That’s the trade off. 
  • Eddyguardo
    Eddyguardo Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I hate how events start at midnight for me when im about to sleep. I thought that when we paid for VIP, that we woould be getting more content. I barly play anymore because the lack of content
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    I'm not going to vote for any of the above options, as my choice(s) would have been:

A ) Reinstate RT in it's original form and run it until WAR drops, then retire it to the level of AI and replace it with a WAR-centric daily event or

B ) If it's about the prizes being too generous, then reinstate RT but cut out the last prize of the mythic card and stop progression at 40 points, just like with AI. Lowering prizes below that is also an option, though I believe engaging an austerity plan beyond that would also be a mistake.

In my opinion, AI/RT have been the best things we've seen from the Oktagon era of the game. By giving players something small but steady to prioritize their time in the game during the week these events contrasted perfectly with weekend coalition events, and served to round out engagement in the game on a daily basis. I have to admit, personally, that since RT's removal as a regular weekly event M-F I play very little, and I do not play at all after work (where I used to spend 1-2 hours every night). I'm only really making time to play on the weekends for coalition events, and with the schedule we've had the last couple weeks (and the bugs) I'm really only playing the bare minimum needed to avoid being dropped by my coalition. And the absence of RT hurts there too, because since I've grown used to NOT playing during the week I'm finding it more and more difficult to get excited about logging in to slog through ANOTHER run of HoR, or HoD, and I'm REALLY not looking forward to the next trip down RoTGP lane.

Just sayin...
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.. The question is more "do you want your players to login every second weekday, only during weekends or daily every second week"
  • e3vil
    e3vil Posts: 62 Match Maker

The vip is not even priced right to begin with. The value is soo poor as long as the membership gives common and uncommon  cards." IF" I were to get ViP I'll only do so when I get  all uncommon, common and most rares to finish up the set.

Not me, since I already have all commons, uncommons and rares from Legacy, for example.
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    Great initiative to ask the community!

@brigby - Can you add a message in the inbox so you reach as many players as possible?
    This is a great suggestion... why not make a survey in game so that all active players have the chance to participate. Not all active players visit the forum. You can also do this in your official FB page.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    The first option, "Spaced Out During the Weekday" would be PERFECT.
This discussion has been closed.