3.4.1 Release Notes *Updated (5/29/19)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited May 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

There is a small update scheduled for tomorrow (5/25/19) that will be just a data push and not require an download of a new update.  No downtime is planned for the data push as well.  Have a nice weekend!

New Planeswalkers:

Tamiyo, Field Researcher
"When the field scholar Tamiyo became a Planeswalker, the potential knowledge of the Multiverse was..."

Check out her full details HERE

Ugin, The Spirit Dragon
"Ugin, the Spirit Dragon is a Planeswalker, and he is ancient beyond measure. His long life has given him a unique perspective on the Multiverse..."

Check out his full details HERE

Changes:

• Sarkhan Unbroken - Level 4 Whispers of Ugin ability changed from “increase your mana bonuses on each of that card’s colors by 2 for 3 turns” to “increase your mana bonuses on each of that card’s colors by 2 for 6 turns”.

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue with the card Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, that was blocking the mana gain by board matches.

Tagged:

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    I must say that 3.4 is one of the most solid releases I’ve ever seen. Everything is snappier, way fewer crashes, and no soft locks! Extra slots from VIP are the bomb. You guys really crushed this one. Kudos!!
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Next up; Werewolves vs Vampires, Innistrad restrictions.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    ArielSira said:
    That would be a good one, too. Too bad they haven't said ANYTHING about doing a new Duel Deck despite a ton of suggestions in the feedback they sent out ages ago when they first started it.

But I do agree, the card restriction is certainly helping to balance out the battle. Not sure how long it will last but Nissa's actually leading for a change.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Sorin vs. Nahiri battle since they would both have white and then one other color... 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Funny isn't it. But maybe a bug. They aren't planeswalker. They are PVE-bosses for the next VIP only event. 

At least, one of the minor bugs, that do not hurt. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azerack said:
    ArielSira said:
    That would be a good one, too. Too bad they haven't said ANYTHING about doing a new Duel Deck despite a ton of suggestions in the feedback they sent out ages ago when they first started it.

But I do agree, the card restriction is certainly helping to balance out the battle. Not sure how long it will last but Nissa's actually leading for a change.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Sorin vs. Nahiri battle since they would both have white and then one other color... 
    Based off this current duel deck event, more likely is we'll see Blessed vs. Cursed. They could wasily make this from existing and recently added planeswalkers. Liliana the Last Hope and Tamiyo Field Researcher specifically.
  • mrhibachi
    mrhibachi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    They buffed the wrong Sarkhan planeswalker AND nerfed the wrong Sarkhan planeswalker in the same patch. Holy sh*t are you serious? Also, the fact that Tamiyo and Ugin were released into the game without all of the full details about their level 60 abilities and mana bonuses is sloppy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added links to Planeswalker details for Tamiyo, Field Researcher and Ugin, The Spirit Dragon
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I must say that 3.4 is one of the most solid releases I’ve ever seen. Everything is snappier, way fewer crashes, and no soft locks! Extra slots from VIP are the bomb. You guys really crushed this one. Kudos!!
    Kind of funny how much hope I had after reading this. Since the latest patch, I can barely complete a single match without the game crashing even under optimal conditions. Everything is extremely sluggish. Just loading the deck builder elicits a crash sometimes and if I want to open a pack in the vault I have to restart the game afterwards or suffer a guaranteed crash in my next match. 

I want to stress that, as always, I am very impressed with the thought and effort Octagon is putting into the game itself in terms of cards and features. It’s just that I can barely enjoy any of it anymore, and I am sure the next patch will result in being completely unable to play. 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Barnabes said:
    Kind of funny how much hope I had after reading this. Since the latest patch, I can barely complete a single match without the game crashing even under optimal conditions. Everything is extremely sluggish. Just loading the deck builder elicits a crash sometimes and if I want to open a pack in the vault I have to restart the game afterwards or suffer a guaranteed crash in my next match. 

I want to stress that, as always, I am very impressed with the thought and effort Octagon is putting into the game itself in terms of cards and features. It’s just that I can barely enjoy any of it anymore, and I am sure the next patch will result in being completely unable to play. 
    Do you delete and install the app fresh with each release? I don’t have the issues you describe but practice doing just this for these types of games
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    Is the latest version 3.4.1? Mine says 3.4.0 in the settings menu, and there's no update in the Google Play Store.
    It was a push data no new app release. The data version changed and now is 3.4.0.31671 (2)
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Stalker said:
    Do you delete and install the app fresh with each release? I don’t have the issues you describe but practice doing just this for these types of games
    I gave it a shot just now, but it was getting strained as I was building a new Tamiyo deck and crashed shortly after I started playing it. So reinstalling just cleared out some card art it will now redownload without improving performance.