Champion next

zeddicus
zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
Kate bishop, winter soldier, the punished max, wasp Janet van dune, kingpin, agent cousin, ghost rider, yondu,invisible woman, miles Morales, quake, venom Eddie brock,. Those whom are available. Not sure which one I should do.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some good options there. Wasp or Coulson would probably be my choice, but Ghost Rider and Yondu have some pretty compelling points as well. Bucky, Eddie, and Kingpin are all very low priority. The rest are somewhere in between.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    #1 Wasp - One of the better utility/damagers in the 4-star tier. Does a lot of things.
    #2 Coulson - Plays well with others.
    #3 Kate Bishop - A great color combination that allows her to squeeze in on other teams in order to complete a rainbow. Three high-damaging powers with no bad build. An absolute monster-train when boosted.
    #4 Punisher - Slow, but reliable. When boosted, his green slaughters everything.
    #5 Quake - If you're facing a fight with enemy AoE, there's no better option.

Ghost Rider, Yondu, Invisible Woman, Eddie Venom, and Miles all have Niche uses and are solid 4-stars right in the middle of the pack. If you like one of them, there's no reason not to champ one.

Kingpin and Winter Soldier are among the very worst of 4-stars. Kingpin because he just doesn't do anything very well and Winter Soldier because he is dreadfully, painfully slow with too many contingencies for his abilities to be effective.
  • zeddicus
    Thanks for information
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    My first question would be: Who else do you have champed in your roster, or is this your first foray into the realms of 4-star champs?

In a vacuum, Dormammu's list is pretty accurate.  Knowing nothing else about your roster, my top 5 would be:

1. Wasp. Pairs very nicely with 4-star Carol, and that's all you need to know.
    2. Kate Bishop.  All three abilities hit like a truck, and kills it when boosted.
    3. Coulson, assuming you don't use Okoye frequently, as his team up drain is a no-go with her.
    4. Quake.  Caltrops or Tommy Gun your least favorite enemy active ability?  No worries anymore!
    5. Ghost Rider (if you don't already have Penance Stare at 5), otherwise Venom to knock those Protect Tiles enemies spawn down to a strength of 1.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another thing in Wasp's favour is her amazing synergy with 3* Falcon - for a transitioning roster (don't know if yours is or not) this team can punch WAAAAAY above it's level once you get bird strike out and flip those shields. And if you are in trouble you can flip them back and enjoy taking 1 damage whilst you re-gather yourself.

I will say that Ghost Rider may be the most disappointing 4* I ever champed (not saying he is the worst), I was expecting to get more bang for my buck.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    Another thing in Wasp's favour is her amazing synergy with 3* Falcon - for a transitioning roster (don't know if yours is or not) this team can punch WAAAAAY above it's level once you get bird strike out and flip those shields. And if you are in trouble you can flip them back and enjoy taking 1 damage whilst you re-gather yourself.
    This was my go-to team during my late 3*-early 4* period. I also had Medusa, so they got absolutely ridiculous once they were rolling.
  • sambrookjm
    DAZ0273 said:
    This was my go-to team during my late 3*-early 4* period. I also had Medusa, so they got absolutely ridiculous once they were rolling.

Wasp/Falcon/2-star Wolverine is a good Combined Arms team.  You get strikes and protects, both of which Wasp can flip.  It's a rainbow team minus blue, but that's fine since both Falcon and Wasp want high blue AP for their passives.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:

Wasp/Falcon/2-star Wolverine is a good Combined Arms team.  You get strikes and protects, both of which Wasp can flip.  It's a rainbow team minus blue, but that's fine since both Falcon and Wasp want high blue AP for their passives.
    2* Bullseye or Daken can sub in pretty nicely for Wolverine as well. I like them because they make Protects/Strikes passively, but they do have their downsides (Bullseye can often result in only having one of the two types, while if it's left out as a defensive team in Combined Arms, Daken can end up wasting all the Strikes and messing up the Passives with his blue.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    #1 Wasp - One of the better utility/damagers in the 4-star tier. Does a lot of things.
    #2 Coulson - Plays well with others.
    #3 Kate Bishop - A great color combination that allows her to squeeze in on other teams in order to complete a rainbow. Three high-damaging powers with no bad build. An absolute monster-train when boosted.
    #4 Punisher - Slow, but reliable. When boosted, his green slaughters everything.
    #5 Quake - If you're facing a fight with enemy AoE, there's no better option.

Ghost Rider, Yondu, Invisible Woman, Eddie Venom, and Miles all have Niche uses and are solid 4-stars right in the middle of the pack. If you like one of them, there's no reason not to champ one.

Kingpin and Winter Soldier are among the very worst of 4-stars. Kingpin because he just doesn't do anything very well and Winter Soldier because he is dreadfully, painfully slow with too many contingencies for his abilities to be effective.
    This post nails it. I might put Kate Bishop over Coulson because while he has nice effects, damage is king (and KB has that down), but either way, you can't really go wrong.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I will say that Ghost Rider may be the most disappointing 4* I ever champed (not saying he is the worst), I was expecting to get more bang for my buck.
    Not sure when you championed him, but he used to be better. His powers were changed a couple of times and he suffered from the introduction of repeater tiles.
    Yeah, I champed him after they changed to repeater tiles. It was a shame as I was looking forward to wrecking with him. Obviously Penance Stare can potentially destroy but there are much better green and red powers out there.
  • sambrookjm
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not sure when you championed him, but he used to be better. His powers were changed a couple of times and he suffered from the introduction of repeater tiles.
    Yeah, I champed him after they changed to repeater tiles. It was a shame as I was looking forward to wrecking with him. Obviously Penance Stare can potentially destroy but there are much better green and red powers out there.
    If you've got his Penance Stare at 5, you've got his best ability maxed out...which is why I added the caveat that I did in my list.  He is amazing in Boss Events against single enemies (non-Kacelius division) as he will do 2x the damage they've inflicted on your team.
  • zeddicus
    My first question would be: Who else do you have champed in your roster, or is this your first foray into the realms of 4-star champs?

In a vacuum, Dormammu's list is pretty accurate.  Knowing nothing else about your roster, my top 5 would be:

1. Wasp. Pairs very nicely with 4-star Carol, and that's all you need to know.
    2. Kate Bishop.  All three abilities hit like a truck, and kills it when boosted.
    3. Coulson, assuming you don't use Okoye frequently, as his team up drain is a no-go with her.
    4. Quake.  Caltrops or Tommy Gun your least favorite enemy active ability?  No worries anymore!
    5. Ghost Rider (if you don't already have Penance Stare at 5), otherwise Venom to knock those Protect Tiles enemies spawn down to a strength of 1.
    Have several 4 star champions. The list was for what I can, plus have little to no experience with. Example wasp boosted, max cover with whom ever. Was looking for general, most useful on their own. I championed her, have been using, kamala event with drax, like her for somethings. Thanks to all for information, continue thread as like