The Grand Experiment: Can you transition to 5*s pulling as you go as a progession-only F2P player?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,869 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 14
    Ended up champing Kate Bishop with 7 saved

GE Doom: Blue (4/2/5)

Incidentally, I"ve pulled like 4 dazzlers in the last 2 weeks, the first I've gotten since I moved my bonus hero off her months ago. I was so sure she was going to be the anti-Kitty at the time, and she likely would be if she had any kind of health to survive the teams I'm up against. Oh well.

So far 11 covers is as good as I've done pulling from latest. I got Cable to 10, Kingpin and now Doom to 11. It's hard to project how sustainable this LT rate is going to be after I finish this batch of low hanging 4*s at 209. I have 5 left, and then I'm back in to the 300K-375k each range again. I do have a number of 3*s within a cover or three of 266, and I have a few ready to re-champ, so it's not completely going to dry up. But still, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think once i'm out of 209s, I'll move IW there next in the hope she'll be a Doom feeder - she has 12 saved covers now. I suppose it could end up being Namor as well, in which case I will not be so well positioned...

Current Latest Crop:

GE Doom: 4/2/5
    Danver5: 4/1/3
    Hela: 3/0/1

edited May 16
    Pulled a black GE Doom today, making him 4/3/5. I'm getting close to champing another 4* as well for another couple LTs. It'll be tight for me to finish him in the next 2.5 or so weeks, but at least he's going to get finished by whoever they announce as a feeder from the first cover (assuming standard reward color drops) if I don't.
    I champed Invisible Woman, even though she wasn't at 209, since she had 12 saved covers and seems to be to be the obvious choice for a Doom feeder eventually. 

X-23: green
    bonus: Chavez Green (314)
    EB Venom: Yellow

I guess as we grind down to the end of the Doom run in Latest, it might be fun to see a play by play again.
    edited May 17
    Had 50cp coming out of Simulator
    Mordo: Black
    Miles: Red (280)
    Bucky: Blue (280 -> red Lumbercap 2/4/4)
    got the Team Cap LT from the vault
    Elektr4: black

threw 1800hp at the pepper Potts vault, scored the rescue token
    Rescue: Blue
    Had some CP and LT champ levels, Max-champed and flipped Thor so I could champ Riri with 8 saved.

Bucky: Red
    Quake: Blue
    professor X: blue
    Cyclops: Yellow

I'm now on an 11 pull dry spell. My long term play of max-champing Punish3r to finish off Pun Max is 3 covers from done, then I’ll move on to Carnage via Doc Ock (9 covers away from the green I need). Then I’ll move on to Rock3t to finish up Drax, and that will be the last Fed 4* who is missing covers. But I need to start a dupe rocket and go to 223 to do it, so it’ll be awhile.
    Crash token:
    ant-man: yellow
    Had a cp draw and an LT champ level
    wiccan: green
    thing: yellow

getting pretty deep into this dry spell now; I haven’t really had one across the Doom tenure yet. I’m curious how bad it’ll be?
    Got to my season 10-pack - managed to get 2 bonus Punish3rs. So now PunMax is covered. I have just Carnage (9 more ocks) and Drax (need like 60 Rock3ts? for that last cover), and then I'm down to just unfed, bishop+ 4*s that need covers.

I've been looking at who to champ next, and perhaps comically this run of Webbed Wonder will be my 10th saved cover for Howard, so he might make the cut. The other affordable 4*s I have with 10 covers are all feeders like XFW (who I'm putting to 209 for ST right now), so it won't result in multiple LTs if I do it.
    Ground out the Bucky from the Thanos pvp, good for 3cp and a cp draw.

Drax: Red (5th saved, not the color I needed)
    Had another CP draw

Professor X: Blue

Now 16 deep into this dry spell. 
    Cp draws from Webbed Wonder:
    carnage: green (last missing cover)
    c&d: black

Hit the LT in the WW vault last night
    Frost: Purple

Today's Crash token:
    Hela: Red (4/0/1)

Got 266 for Punish3r
    Fury: Blue

Working on iso for another 4* champ. I can just pick a random 209, or I can save up to do Howard or 4* Lord who need around 350k each with 10 saved (and aren't feeders). If I'm strictly chasing LTs, it would cost about the same to re-champ a pair of 3*s for 1 LT each as it would to go for a single 4* worth 2, so I may do that instead.

Now that Pun Max is covered, I can start walking my 3* bh around chasing LTs for a bit. I'll put it on Torch next, he's at 265, then I have a few down lower in the range at 226, a couple within 2 covers of 238, and then i'd need a few sentries to get him to 257. 

It occurs to me that I'd absolutely have a covered Doom if I were using my 5* BH to chase the latest leaving soonest - I've gotten a pair of bonus Okoyes during his run but after Kingpin left. I still think pushing on Okoye is the stronger play for now though. 
    After Fury, I got 227 LT champ levels for Beast and Gambit:

Coulson: Blue
    Vulture: Green

Then I hit a CP daily reward
    Ghost: Blue

Then I got the last CP i needed to break 25 off the 5e node in Strange Sights + DDQ
    Ant Man: yellow

Then I sold off Punish3r to champ XFW with 11 saved on the premise the 5* OML would push up my shield rank XP. OML is now 4/1/3

Domino: Black

Depending on whether that dry spell was penance for pulling relatively hot earlier this month, or a lead in to another hot streak remains to be seen, but it's been 6 4*s since my last 5* - expecting another soon.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m a big Doom fan, and actually think there could be some good synergy with GR green and Doom yellow. The board shuffle will help give the repeaters new life after they’ve burned to the ground. Might have to try this. GRRR is probably my least used 5. So could good to play around a bit with him. 
    Got a Namor (4/4/3) with a bonus Chavez (316) off an SS token for 5cp

Hela: Black (4/0/2)
    edited May 27
    Since that Hela, I flipped 2cap, Punish3r, and 3torch, and champed 4* Lord for the 2 LTs. Got a bunch of random cP and LT draws as well for a total haul of:
    prof x: blue
    kingpin: yellow
    mordo: black
    hulkbuster: black
    spider woman: purple
    P4nther: red
    xfw: green
    chavez: yellow
    wasp: blue
    bonus
    chavez: Yellow
    edited May 28
    Today's crash token:
    XFW: Green

Bonus 

Chavez: Red (319)

I felt like my chavez rate was in the basement for awhile there, but she's really rallied. Next one will put my JJ at 4/3/3. As I suspected, a high-level chavez is pretty great for playing up, and I use my 405 Okoye/Chavez as my fast climb team with +AP boosts in basically all pvps now. It still doesn't defend well, but I'm kind of thinking there are no good non-bishop defense teams in the current meta. I know it's still quite a ways out, but It'll be nice to spend a little time playing Cover Catch-up with my bonus to shore up my shield training readiness after Chavez spits out that last cover. 
    I see that the Chavez PVP is coming on 6/2 - I wish I'd been saving my HP for this day a little more diligently so I could have gone for a 10 or 40 pack, but oh well, such is life.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats buddy! Been on this journey with you for awhile. And am excited to see how he plays for you!

I like the idea of hoarding for a bit. I’d consider hoarding through Rescue personally. She really doesn’t seem good to me at all.