Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    One shotting a 100k Maggia boss with a Coup de Grace.
    BOOM! 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Finished first in Sub 2 and Sub 3 of Strange Sights to pull out a 2nd place finish overall and grab 4 Sabertooth covers. He's currently 3/1/3 and with Okoye & Thor is wrecking everyone in his PvP event.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Finished first in Sub 2 and Sub 3 of Strange Sights to pull out a 2nd place finish overall and grab 4 Sabertooth covers. He's currently 3/1/3 and with Okoye & Thor is wrecking everyone in his PvP event.
    That red with Okoye is SO MUCH FUN! 
  • JSP869
    CT1888 said:
    JSP869 said:
    That red with Okoye is SO MUCH FUN! 
    Right?!
    "Creed slashes 4 times, ignoring friendly Strike tiles..."
    Who needs Strike tiles when you have Okoye :smiley:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had a 4-star Thanos cover in this Deadpool Daily vault, which was completely unexpected.  I also had a hoard of about 260 tokens, so I started going through them.  48 pulls later, I get the black cover, bringing him to 2/3/2.  Still not good enough to get the Sabertooth cover from SHIELD Training, but it's another cover closer to champing!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Deadpool vs MPQ, I was running a boosted 1/1/1 GED, boosted champed Janet-Wasp & boosted champed Drax against the Thunderbolt Mountain trio of Daken/Fisk/Sentry.  While I was usually relying on the buzzing/Drax interaction for steady damage until I could use one of the nukes, on my last clear the AI ended up matching Wasp's buzzing tile THREE times to let Wasp punch out everyone.  A pretty satisfying way to end that node.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

He now sits on the "maybe-one-day" bench, together with OML, Phoenix, Loki and Wasp. Still at one 5* Champ for now (JJ).

He is one of the best 5* in a long time, especially on defense or in PVE, take him off the bench!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see a Magik cover in the Venom Bomb vault. So, 100 HP, take a pull.

Legendary token! Sweet. 

Pull that. 

HELA #12! And it's black too, bringing her to a perfect 4/4/4!

I'm actually going to get her fully covered. Wow. She'll be my first fully covered 5*.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof said:

He now sits on the "maybe-one-day" bench, together with OML, Phoenix, Loki and Wasp. Still at one 5* Champ for now (JJ).

He is one of the best 5* in a long time, especially on defense or in PVE, take him off the bench!
    He would be my second 5*, so that would severely change my MMR. Trying to finish up the 4* tier first, while trying to keep up with 5* releases as well. 
    I also have Kitty and Okoye at 11 covers, Cable and Kingpin at 12. Keeping up fairly well for a F2P. 
  • JSP869
    Malcrof said:

He [Doom] now sits on the "maybe-one-day" bench, together with OML, Phoenix, Loki and Wasp. Still at one 5* Champ for now (JJ).

He [Doom] is one of the best 5* in a long time, especially on defense or in PVE, take him off the bench!
    Agreed 100% Doom is 5* Champion #6 for me, and I'm very happy with him. He's been destroying everyone in Deadpool vs MPQ (admittedly he is the boosted 5E), and my Shield Simulator defense team is currently Okoye, Daredevil, and Doom.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    Got a ton of C5rol covers when I was pulling for Hela/Doom, and champed her with her being featured in the upcoming Venom Bomb. On a lark, I ran her with Doom and Vulture in the 5*e for DPvMPQ, not expecting much.

It was actually really, really fun. I was able to use her yellow to get Vulture going, which fueled her red and green. Meanwhile, I didn't have to use the black on Vulture so I had it for Doom to use. Between Vulture hitting on both the way up with Hybrid Tech Slicer and down with Got Your Six, C5rol spamming her red and green and Doom his black, it was over pretty fast and comfortably.

Not a meta team by any means, but it was enjoyable to play.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    AndiTi said:

It was actually really, really fun. 
    Not a meta team by any means, but it was enjoyable to play.
    This, this is why they call it a game, use whatever makes it fun for you.  I don't play competitive PVP, but i love playing spoiler PVP, oddball teams that are fun to use against whatever mindless team of the week is, and i have alot of fun. PVE, same thing, i will bench 5*s for boosted 4*s if they are fun to use. I honestly do not want grockitty, haven't had it, dont need it, if i get it, will only use it if pressed for time, other than that, i want to keep it fun. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulling my second (after a reset) Sabretooth from the "and Foes" vault, bringing him to 2/4/4 and 209.  All set for ST and a nice spread to start the season with as he enters tokens.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting one of the Magik covers from Venom Bomb as cover #13 was good.

Getting a bonus Prowler cover to get *his* 13th cover from a heroic token was even better.

Now Domino is the only 4-star I have at 12 covers, and she's now the only 4-star bonus hero I've got.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Redeeming 300,000 Insider Points for the HP offer right before they pulled it and replaced it with an offer for 100,000 ISO.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Climbed a bit in the Stars and Strikes starring America Chavez. Earned the first two progression tokens, and the second one gave me a 4* Bonus Hero, Ms Chavez herself!

After a long wait, I can now champ and re-spec her, get a LL from the event progression cover, enjoy using her for the rest of the event, and choose a new BH for opening my season rewards. Nice.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hadn't been paying much attention and so was surprised that I was only a couple of hundred points away from full progression in Sim, so bagging the Ronin cover was a nice end to the Season.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 LT's was all I had on hand to try and chase Rescue as I decided wasn't going spend CP ,(sorry Pepper but you burned me on your store),  first 3 draws yield an Iceman, a saved Kraven cover and a saved cover for Spider Woman. Looks like things are not going to get any better. Next draw...Ooooh, it is a Shuri champ level but what's this - bonus hero Bishop!! And it is the last cover needed to champ him, yay!!! Final draw...it is a 5*...surely not but yup, there was the Rescue cover I was after.

I sometimes wonder if this isn't all actually scripted because really what are the odds?!?!?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a RHulk cover from a Standard Token thanks to a Champ Reward cascade!