Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was starting the PVP season simulator trying to win with the weakest team possible to bait some (hopefully beatable) retaliations.  I was running a Lv300 GED (1/1/1), with ~Lv250 3* Daredevil and ~Lv240 3* Elektra against a Lv 300 Cable (0/2/1), ~Lv220 IM40 and ~Lv220 Strange.

I had finished off Strange and Iron Man, but lost Doom and Daredevil to large red/blue cascades feeding IM40.  This left me with a 80% healthy Elektra against an undamaged Cable on a heavy black/green board.

After stealing one of his strike tiles and Shadow Stepping around two Plasma Blasts, she rode out a combination of Shadow Steps with a Crippling Blow to a win with over half her health still remaining.

I always enjoy when a character I often forget about gets a chance to really shine.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    When Hela entered Latests, I pulled a mini-hoard for Doom with Talos as my BH and champed Talos, making all available 4* characters champed. 

I know I’m not opening Latests again until both Doom and Marvel are gone, so I decided to save some heroics for when Thanos enters tokens, thinking I’ll MAYBE nab a bonus hero and get him closer to 10 covers (he was 2/2/3)

I ended up saving 65 pulls. With those I got 40 2*, 13 3*, and 12 4*. In addition I got 4 bonus 3* and 4 bonus 4*! Thanos is now ready to go at 3/3/5 level 229!
    That’s amazing! Getting a 30%+ bonus hero rate on your bonusable draws is a spectacular draw rate. I guess you’d better strap in for the bumpy ride that is mean reversion. 
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Opened a few rescue tokens. Didn’t get rescue herself but got two champ levels for im plus a Chavez champ level which gave me the final cover I needed to champ jessica Jones :smile:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    First place in the last Sub of Simulator! A minor error during the first Sub and starting just a hair late to get the last clear on the Loaner node put me in 7th for the whole thing, but that's the first time I've placed first in anything in MPQ :smiley:
    I've still got a screenshot for the only time I finished first in anything MPQ related...it was a Lightning Round. :smile:

As for the good stuff today, I spent about 700 CP in the Rescue store before finally getting a cover for her.  It was her yellow.  However, I got 3 Daredevil covers, bringing him to 5/4/2.  I also got two Iron Man cover to put him at 4/1/2.  An added bonus was LVL 280 for America Chavez, bringing Jessica Jones to 3/3/3.  I'll take it!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    First place in the last Sub of Simulator! A minor error during the first Sub and starting just a hair late to get the last clear on the Loaner node put me in 7th for the whole thing, but that's the first time I've placed first in anything in MPQ :smiley:
    I've still got a screenshot for the only time I finished first in anything MPQ related...it was a Lightning Round. :smile:

As for the good stuff today, I spent about 700 CP in the Rescue store before finally getting a cover for her.  It was her yellow.  However, I got 3 Daredevil covers, bringing him to 5/4/2.  I also got two Iron Man cover to put him at 4/1/2.  An added bonus was LVL 280 for America Chavez, bringing Jessica Jones to 3/3/3.  I'll take it!
    It does kind of amuse me that my two best placements were during events that a lot of people really don't like. My best for a full event was second in an off-season run of The Hulk that I remember reading on the forum had particularly low participation. Get all these other players out of here, and I can get great placement! ;)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Running Okoye & Thor in Made Man I started a match with Thor not just below 50% but well below 50%. On my first move I thought I'd risk a green Match 4 rather than let the enemy team have it (there was no way for me to disrupt it without taking it), and so Thor tanked the enemy's first move.
    It was one of those cascades.
    As Thor tanked match after cascading match, to my horror a match 5 dropped in, and so the AI got a bonus turn.
    Thor's health dropped into the low thousands, and then the hundreds, and when the dust had settled he had ~300 HP left.
    I not only somehow managed to avoid Thor having to tank any other moves, but actually pulled out a win, and without having to cheese it with a Whales!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started boss event by clearing the Pepper vault, so by the end, I had 5 token pulls to the vault. Only 2 4*s from it, 1 Iron Man (XLVI) and 2 Rescue red covers. Very nice ratio.
  • JSP869
    zodiac339 said:
    Started boss event by clearing the Pepper vault, so by the end, I had 5 token pulls to the vault. Only 2 4*s from it, 1 Iron Man (XLVI) and 2 Rescue red covers. Very nice ratio.
    Jealous! I spent 300 or so CP and got her Yellow cover, then from the 4 Tokens pulled her Blue cover. I really wanted her Red cover :disappointed: 
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Trying to get doom maxed now before he leaves latest tokens. So I opened a few more latest tokens today and got my first yellow for him bringing him up to 9 covers. Also got another 5* carol who is now on 7 covers
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Opened only two tokens last night.
    One Classic LT, One Heroic (Daily Deal, my first EVER, btw. After the Classic, I was feeling lucky)
    BOTH came with Th4nos BHs!!!
    Th4nos now at 2/4/3.
    One more (from the upcoming PvE) and I'm set.

Not bad for a FTP, non-hoarder, non-PvP player...

For all the (wholly justified) complaining about Th4nos being in ST already, this will amazingly be the first time ever I'll complete the ST with a new character amongst the three required. I've only ever completed ST twice before and both times were when all three required chars were "vintage".
  • JSP869
    After 45-50 pulls earlier this week my Doom went from 2/3/5 to 2/5/5 with 1 Saved cover, and I really wanted to finish him before he left Latest.
    I'd saved the CP I got from Webbed Wonder and PvP, 3* Champion rewards, etc., and decided to wait until this morning's Crash event before making a tiny hoard pull.
    I beat Thor, nabbed the LT, and made my first pull. Ooh, a purple! "Come on, Yellow Doom!" I prayed to RNGesus.
    I tapped to reveal the cover then stared at it in confusion for a second.
    Who is this? Oh, it's Doom. It's Doom!!! OH!!! It's a YELLOW DOOM!!!
    He's not my first 5* Champion, but he is the first 5* Champion I've finished while still in Latest.
    And he's scheduled to be the 5E in Deadpool vs MPQ. Yes!!! :smiley:
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had a crazy good week with purple covers, 3 Hela, 2 Carol, 1 Doom in the space of like 20 draws over 2 and a half days. The long awaited champing of Dr Strange will occur in the not to distant future as well! 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't have enough cover in 4* Thanos to get the Sabretooth cover and thought I was SOL.

Then I started opening the tokens I got from Shield Training and to my shock and excitement actually got a Red Sabretooth cover! The very first time I'd gotten the Training character from a token!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first blue cover for 5trange! Thank you, Mordo!
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Best moment of the month: Pulled my first green cover for Hela so that she is 0/1/4 now, but even better was that I got my first 5-star bonus hero in 5 months and it's a yellow Kitty. She now is at an even 3/3/3.