Rate of Release of 5 Star Feeder Discussion

2»

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    If they are going to make feeders increasing rare marketed for "special events", then it only makes sense for them to make that feeder a fairly old character. It's a decently fair trade off imo. 

• Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Not only that, but I think it is far past time to have another method of obtaining 5*s besides the whims of RNG.  My pattern has been to hoard CP until a new 5* hits latest.  Then I spend the hoard, which on a regular 6 week cycle, ends up as 1500 - 2000 CP.

I was concerned that I wasn't going to finish GED before he went to the wastes of Classics, so I spend down the CP early (less than usual as Hela came out early).

My latest 5*s are now:

462 Captain Marvel (tied for my highest 5, and she's not the one leaving for Rescue)
    3/2/5 Hela

And GED?...

10/3/3.

RNG sucks.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first new feeders got me excited. Now I almost don't care when they come out. I'll finally champ Dr Strange on Friday, but I could have done with those covers a year ago, when he would have been of more use to me. 
    I like the idea of gaining a feeder 3 weeks after someone drops into classics, just a shame it doesn't tie into their event idea.

To me its another thing that has been implemented badly, and leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Would be worse if I was a couple of covers short on Kitty instead of Hulk and Archangel though! 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    At first new feeders got me excited. Now I almost don't care when they come out. I'll finally champ Dr Strange on Friday, but I could have done with those covers a year ago...
    This is such a strong point I can't stress it enough.

These things need to be on a tinykittying schedule. A step-by-step avenue for players (especially those of us who are years into the game) to at least get the 5-star started.

Step 1 Special Release vault
    Step 2 Alliance boss event with tokens to step 1 vault
    Step 3 Enters tokens
    Step 4 Feeder announced
    Step 5 Featured for the first time in PvE
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Yasuru said:
    Not only that, but I think it is far past time to have another method of obtaining 5*s besides the whims of RNG.  My pattern has been to hoard CP until a new 5* hits latest.  Then I spend the hoard, which on a regular 6 week cycle, ends up as 1500 - 2000 CP.

I was concerned that I wasn't going to finish GED before he went to the wastes of Classics, so I spend down the CP early (less than usual as Hela came out early).

My latest 5*s are now:

462 Captain Marvel (tied for my highest 5, and she's not the one leaving for Rescue)
    3/2/5 Hela

And GED?...

10/3/3.

RNG sucks.
    Yeah, much as I appreciate Strange finally getting a feeder. Kinda feel like too late, there are several characters that have moved beyond him. 

I'll get my strange to 11 covers with Mordo, plus another yellow 30 days from now and once Mordo hits 350 I'll have him champed.

100% feel good feeling though and nothing besides that. Sadly vets (which are essential to this game) need something more to keep the progression that 4s offer but 5s do not. 
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Therealsmkspy said:
    Yeah, much as I appreciate Strange finally getting a feeder. Kinda feel like too late, there are several characters that have moved beyond him. 

I still think 5trange is top tier in PVE, 5trange DD/Okoye Thano5 are very fast if enemy team has at least 1 goon, and wonderful vs all goon teams, which are frequent in PVE.   Similarly I often run thorKoyeStrange vs 5pve essential.   That stun is very nice on high level nodes, and Strange matching Pink and Blue is very helpful after Thor clears the other colors.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Therealsmkspy said:

I still think 5trange is top tier in PVE, 5trange DD/Okoye Thano5 are very fast if enemy team has at least 1 goon, and wonderful vs all goon teams, which are frequent in PVE.   Similarly I often run thorKoyeStrange vs 5pve essential.   That stun is very nice on high level nodes, and Strange matching Pink and Blue is very helpful after Thor clears the other colors.
    Strange is pretty phenomenal on Goon nodes.  To be frank, Okoye is frequently overkill in PVE, and is sometimes hard to manage if you use the boosted 5* as she frequently doesn't tank much and therefore looses 1 TU a turn.
    Strange/Thor/Boosted 5* (for the match damage, if nothing else) can frequently tear through goon nodes, particularly goon wave nodes...